HCG Alien Facehugger

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are so many sources of great facehuggerkits out there for a lot lower prices...so no need for a 700$ HCG statue.

There are so many sources of great facehuggerkits out there for a lot lower prices...so no need for a 700$ HCG statue.

I was about to get a kit of the face hugger and chest burster, but my painting skills arn't great. I really want these, but I would have never imaged $700!

It is really not hard to paint a facehugger like HCG´s paintingskills...with 2-3 youtube videos you also can do that with low talent.:wink1:

Like everything from this company...paint needs work. I'll do a review later. These are just some quick pics...

IMG_3038.jpg
IMG_3039.jpg
IMG_3041.jpg
IMG_3042.jpg

Thanks for the review mate, I'm keeping the hugger and cancelling the burster, that jaw insert and resin flaws are unacceptable for the price

I've got a Colonist piece being painted up right now by Chase Smith which I'm expecting to get the completion email any day now. For the difference in price I don't get how this was even released. This looks like they just applied a base coat and absolutely no highlights. The finished product for the price is just way out of line to me. They captured the broad strokes but there's just no detail work in this.

Sent from my SGH-M919V using Tapatalk

Great reviews brother! I do like that they paired ours together.

Yes that's awesome that they are paired! What is weird, I also received the Edward Scissorhands hands and they are #17, and so is the Slimer I got from them last year.. Not sure is it's intentional or not but what are the odds?

So I finally got around to repainting this guy. I am no pro painter by any means, but I feel like I was at least able to improve it and add some depth since it was so washed out from the factory, even though painting translucent resin turned out to be a PITA. There are definitely things I would do differently if I had to do it again, but I'm learning..

IMG_3345.jpg
IMG_3344.jpg
IMG_3349.jpg

Boss! Yeah, the paint jobs on these are so flat and weak. I'll have to get someone to paint my chest burster when I finally get it.

This needs to come this way. The detail just wasn't obvious. They really dropped the ball and you carried it across the finish line.

Sent from my SGH-M919V using Tapatalk

So I finally got around to repainting this guy. I am no pro painter by any means, but I feel like I was at least able to improve it and add some depth since it was so washed out from the factory, even though painting translucent resin turned out to be a PITA. There are definitely things I would do differently if I had to do it again, but I'm learning..

Could have fooled me - Looks like it was done by a pro.
Awesome!

Congrats burtial, that's 100% improvement! Hcg is selling a kit at the price of a finished statue..😡

Back