Prop HCG 1:1 Endoskeleton Arm Replica

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry to see this damage man. :( If there was a clean broken finger I would understand about gluing it back. But not the entire palm and joints. Replacement or full refund. And they shouldn't even ask you to send it back, that thing should be destroyed. They could only send you the arm since the acrylic tube seems ok.

Glad mine arrived in perfect shape it would have been a pain to get replacement in Romania.

BTW where are you located and where did you get it from? From HCG themselves?

oh dear, that has had a rough time during shipping.
Did you get it direct through HCG or through another store?
hcg are easy to deal with if you got it through them. shouldn't be much drama getting a replacement, only thing is it takes awhile.

I bought it direct from HCG and so far they haven't returned my call.. Just going to send them an email now.

:thud:

I bought it direct from HCG and so far they haven't returned my call.. Just going to send them an email now.

:thud:

I feel for your buddy, please let me know how you get on with this as I need to but one.
If they replace then fair enough but if they fob you off and give you excuse after excuse I don't really want to put with that.

Also anybody glueing chrome items do NOT use super glue as it will leave white stains on it and not strong enough anyway.
Use 5min 2 part epoxy just in case you do want to fix it and they give you a full refund and let you keep it.

Hope you get it sorted my friend

Also do they not come in a nice box? Or is it just a crappy brown box like in the pic?

I feel for your buddy, please let me know how you get on with this as I need to but one.
If they replace then fair enough but if they fob you off and give you excuse after excuse I don't really want to put with that.

Also anybody glueing chrome items do NOT use super glue as it will leave white stains on it and not strong enough anyway.
Use 5min 2 part epoxy just in case you do want to fix it and they give you a full refund and let you keep it.

Hope you get it sorted my friend

Also do they not come in a nice box? Or is it just a crappy brown box like in the pic?

You can use superglue as long as you don't touch the chrome parts. Resin can be easily glued with superglue, but use just a bit, and it will hold very well. A friend of mine has a HCG Endo which arrived with a damaged part, and with superglue he fixed it you won't ever notice it was damaged.

The endoarm comes with a brown shipper box, and inside it there is a black box and the foam protection part. Check here starting from minute 01:21:

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqdrlhlQCek&feature=share&list=UUZZloGltZz3gSNShKBAbakQ[/ame]

oh dear, that has had a rough time during shipping.
Did you get it direct through HCG or through another store?
hcg are easy to deal with if you got it through them. shouldn't be much drama getting a replacement, only thing is it takes awhile.

Sorry to say I can't agree with you TR.. HCG have appalling customer service, I still haven't heard anything from them (since June), regarding my Endoarm which was also damaged by their courier service (as detailed earlier in this thread).
It appears HCG's approach is to check if you paid by credit card or live in the USA, in which case for legal reasons, you will get a replacement.. everyone else it seems, can go whistle.
:mad:

I would once again strongly advise fellow boardies who do not live in the USA, to pay by credit card if you are buying direct from HCG and NOT to use PayPal.. in particular not the HCG Payment Plan.

Mine was broken too, glued it up and sold it off. Too expensive returning it

Holy crap, I just placed an order for this endoarm :O
I've wanted one since I discovered this hobby, so hopefully I will not be disappointed. A bit expensive with shipping&tax, but screw it..

Last edited:
It's a nice piece I think you will probably like it a lot if you are a fan of the movie and it arrives in one piece

So, I got my endoarm today. Its awesome!

And its also damaged. So far three fingers broke off, one piston fell off and the base do not light up. Maybe there's more, havent bothered to check yet :(

Edit: So just in case there is a possibility the seller only offers a part refund, how big do you guys think the refund should be?

Last edited:
So, I got my endoarm today. Its awesome!

And its also damaged. So far three fingers broke off, one piston fell off and the base do not light up. Maybe there's more, havent bothered to check yet :(

Edit: So just in case there is a possibility the seller only offers a part refund, how big do you guys think the refund should be?

99.9 % refund would be fair for that damage

Yeah, I guess you are right. What really bothers me is that I won't be able so see how this is with the lights working :/
I hope I get a replacement, but I'm a bit worried if I have to send this back to the US. Very expensive, so hopefully I can just destroy the one I have now for a new one.

Sorry to hear about that man. :( Glad mine arrived in perfect condition, but I can understand your frustration, I'm also from Europe, and international shipping back would be killer. You totally need to get a BIG refund or maybe even better - replacement. If for example one finger was clean broken and you could glue it, then not that a big issue, but in your case the damage is extensive. Maybe try to find a way not to ship it back and to destroy it locally.

Yeah, I guess you are right. What really bothers me is that I won't be able so see how this is with the lights working :/
I hope I get a replacement, but I'm a bit worried if I have to send this back to the US. Very expensive, so hopefully I can just destroy the one I have now for a new one.

If you paid by Credit Card then HCG will probably replace your broken item.. If you paid by any other method, it is extremely likely they will only offer a refund (which will not include your import customs fees or return shipping), after you ship the item back.. which if you are not living in the USA, will almost certainly consume a sizable chunk of your refund.. a fact HCG as the original shipper, must be well aware of.. plus HCG will also then have an item they can sell as 'B' grade stock after repairs.. and they do intermittently advertise damaged stock for sale, last time was when they moved premises.

HCG have a noticeably different approach to Customer Service from Sideshow Collectibles.. a lot of overseas customers may be expecting a Sideshow style 'take photos of a destroyed original and get a replacement' high quality level of service.. if you do not pay by Credit Card, it is extremely likely you are going to be very disappointed in that expectation.

I cannot stress strongly enough that anyone buying from HCG directly, who does not live in the USA, needs to pay by Credit Card.. the fragility of Polystone combined with the complexity of items like the Endoarm, mean there is a significant risk of damage in transit.. and HCG appear to have very little interest in Customer Service, unless your Credit Card company are going to cancel the transaction on them for damaged goods.

Sad to hear of some issues on this piece. Sold several of these and haven't had a problem so far. Even had one go to a company doing an evening with Arnold in Leeds, UK :) So Arnold would have seen one of these up close! They are getting hard to find now, but managed to find some more recently :)

I made a long review on these on YouTube which you can see here if it interests:

See my Endoarm video review on YouTube

It waffles on as I also had the old Sideshow one which I talk about the differences. I prefer this one because it has a tube and lights in the base.

Packaging on them is a lot better than the old Sideshow ones. But we only ship them with a good courier and give them extra padding and lots of fragile tape.

Hope that helps!

Just picked this up for $576 US, is that a good deal? One of the pistons came snapped off though.

Are all the wires meant to connect to the base of the arm? On mine only one of the wires connect, the rest of the wires are loose and are too short to reach the base. There are empty slots in the base where I think these wires are supposed to be.

Just picked this up for $576 US, is that a good deal? One of the pistons came snapped off though.

Are all the wires meant to connect to the base of the arm? On mine only one of the wires connect, the rest of the wires are loose and are too short to reach the base. There are empty slots in the base where I think these wires are supposed to be.

Better show us some pics to understand what you are asking

Back