Prop HCG 1:1 Endoskeleton Arm Replica

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any known issues with this Endo arm? LED's not working, cracked tube, damaged fingers, peeling chrome or other problems? Or everyone got a perfect one? Mine will ship next week, and cannot wait for it.

Any known issues with this Endo arm? LED's not working, cracked tube, damaged fingers, peeling chrome or other problems? Or everyone got a perfect one? Mine will ship next week, and cannot wait for it.

I got my first one, and it has a missing "inner-finger support metal" piece, I wonder how they pass the QC . I then wait for a replacement and it was perfect. when u open it, look for any missing pieces. i am happy with mine now, good luck with yours!

oh and the second piece I got has some "bubbling on black glossy paint" of the nameplate, so I request the store to swap it with the first, so in the end I got the perfect set :)

and another thing, on both pieces that I choose from, the acrylic cylinder cover cases does not sit 100% onto the base, both of them rocks back and forth a little, and I just don't mind it, so I choose the cylinder case with better condition and no scratches.

yes I am not a easy customer for the store, but hey, it is expensive item!

enjoy your piece!

mine seems to be perfect. I did notice the tube rocks a little on mine as well.

I seem to have much better luck with replicas than with statues.

I also seem to have much better luck with HCG items than with SSC.

Just PO'd this awesome piece.. :rock

If its already shipping in the USA, anyone know what the schedule will be for UK deliveries?.. the whole shipping to some destinations, while still listed for PO on HCG website has me a tad confused.. do some of the HCG dealers in the US get early deliveries?

Mine will be shipped next week. Hopefully everything will be fine with it, since it looks great in pics. I'm even thinking of getting the HCG CPU Chip though I already have the much better Russ Replicas metal version.

Hollywood Collector's Gallery 1:1 Endo arm arrived. Stunning piece! HUGE and heavy, the blue lights really add up to the overall display. Wanted one for years, but never at the high price the Sideshow version was going for (the Sideshow Endoarm didn't have lights and clear tube). This thing is so big it barely fit on my shelf. But is fantastic!

hcgendoarm10.jpg

hcgendoarm16.jpg

hcgendoarm17.jpg

hcgendoarm18.jpg

hcgendoarm20.jpg

hcgendoarm22.jpg

hcgendoarm24.jpg

And a short video of the HCG Endoarm, HCG Brain Chip, and the comparison between the HCG & Russ Replicas Brain Chip:

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqdrlhlQCek[/ame]

A kind advice for the Endoarm owners: replace the golden GP Powerbank AA batteries from the arm. I used to have this kind of batteries in a remote control and one of them leaked, and they should have lasted till 2016. I replaced them with Duracell ones. And even better to have a small note under the arm (and any other statue/figure/prop with batteries) with the date you replaced/added the batteries and check them every 5-6 months

hcgt800ea3.jpg

hcgt800ea1.jpg

hcgt800ea2.jpg

what an amazing piece!
I picked this up today from a local store (well, it's on my way to/from work). Got home, unboxed it, and its damn gorgeous!

Now I just have to figure out where I'm gonna put it. It won't fit in my Bestas, and its a bit heavy so I don't trust my Detolfs with it.

Having it in the tube is quite cool, by the way. However, it sortof scratches easy where it touches the base. Or perhaps its just some residue, I dont know yet. And it's quite annoying that it's very static, so little pieces of the packaging foam need to be removed before displaying it. And you will easily see fingerprints on it :)

Now I just have to figure out where I'm gonna put it. It won't fit in my Bestas, and its a bit heavy so I don't trust my Detolfs with it.

It will be fine in a detolf, It's what I have mine displayed in. Just use the shelf that you have to take out, and double it up on the shelf that you're displaying the arm on.

Did anyone else PO this from Alter Ego? I haven't heard from them on this piece.

Can anyone you owns a original sideshow endoarm please advise if the cables from the fingers are mean't to reach the base as mine are just hanging freely and don't reach the base properly.
Are they mean't to be like this as there are little holes I can see in the base but they don't reach by about 3 - 5 mm :dunno

hcgt800ea3.jpg

what an amazing piece!
I picked this up today from a local store (well, it's on my way to/from work). Got home, unboxed it, and its damn gorgeous!

Agreed, it is very shineh!
..however I have a cautionary tale for anyone in the UK considering buying this prop replica direct from HCG's website.

I did so, because it had the lights and tube, plus the Sideshow version is very expensive on Evilbay and rarely appears on this side of the Pond anyway.

Sooo, I initially opted for the payment scheme, to spread the pain.. but after one payment, impatience got the better of me.. so I made a second payment to complete the deal.. so far, so good.. the endoarm is shipped and after the usual shipping wait and eye-watering customs duties, the box is in my possession. Yay!

Now, things start to go a bit Pete Tong..

When I check the Endoarm, it turns out that the longest finger has broken off the final segment, in transit.. basically the polystyrene packaging is just above that finger..and continues the entire inch or so, to the (solid) end of the display tube.. so if the box takes an end-on bump, the finger is not going to get cushioned from the impact (especially as the heavy base is going to act as a hammer from the other end).. foam padding would have been better, since it has more 'give' in it.. indeed my polystyrene has a dent in it, where the finger impacted.

Still shouldn't be a problem just contact HCG and get a replacement organised eh?

So, sent an email with photo of the damage and request a replacement.. no problem say HCG, just need to file a claim with our couriers, then all will be well.

Now it just so happens I was also in the process of getting a replacement for another item damaged in transit (different supplier), at the same time.. and that replacement was going a tad slowly.. so a couple of days later, I decided to cover myself by logging both items on the PayPal system as in dispute.. just to be on the safe side, never having dealt with HCG before.

.. and that's when it really kicked off!.. HCG promptly threw all their toys out of the pram at me.. for having the temerity to register the issue with PayPal (which is standard procedure when an item is damaged in transit) and posted some less than repeat business generating comments at me, via PayPal.. ending the tirade abruptly on the 28th of June, with a huffy message about expected delays due to the 4th July holiday.

Since then, nothing.. no replacement.. no discount.. no messages.. zip.
So, despite the earlier aggrieved claims by HCG 'Customer Service' rep about their 'sterling reputation as a store and manufacturer' it currently looks like they are walking away from the damaged goods.

Now long story short, the reason I am posting this tale, is as a warning to other UK collectors, to learn from my mistakes -

1. If you are in the UK and going to buy something from the US.. ONLY make one payment.. because PayPal will only cover you for one payment and NOT a payment scheme of multiple payments.

2. A large, heavy and expensive item cannot be shipped in an economically viable way back to a supplier in the US, if it is damaged, unless the Supplier organises it.. and PayPal require you to return the goods to get a refund.

3. Even if the Supplier pays to collect.. unless the Supplier then replaces the damaged item, you are still going to be out of pocket by the 20% VAT.. because naturally that will not be covered by even a 'full' refund' of the original purchase and shipping cost though PayPal.

4. Don't believe anything the Customer Service department at HCG tell you.

TLDR -
:gah:

I bought 4 of these in total, one arrived smashed up. HCG seemed fairly easy to deal with, and have sent out a replacement. Took awhile for the claim to go through but it's on it's way now, I have a tracking number and a replacement arm should be here in a a week or so. Im in Australia. That's just my experiance. Hoping the new arm arrives in good condition.

I bought 4 of these in total, one arrived smashed up. HCG seemed fairly easy to deal with, and have sent out a replacement. Took awhile for the claim to go through but it's on it's way now, I have a tracking number and a replacement arm should be here in a a week or so. Im in Australia. That's just my experiance. Hoping the new arm arrives in good condition.

Unless you own a shop why would you buy 4?

Back