Prop HCG 1:1 Endoskeleton Arm Replica

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
stupid question. Is the actual movie prop wrong as well?

You may want to ask this question to profiles in history. A year or two ago they sold a number of screen used items from the Terminator movies. The only thing I wanted was the T1.

The terminator bust is only 500

The chip was 200 for just a chip lol

For some of the prices I have seen people trying to get for the SSC arm or the plasma rifle you could buy the lifesize statue with 2 of each!

I thought about one of those. The two guns would be a must have. I should have the Cylon later Nov/Dec.

Ordered one as well. Edition size is good too. Sideshow was 750.

Who knows if there will be another, ever, and with sideshow going for over 1k, this is a great opportunity to get one.

The piece I encircled on the picture to the left.
I did a crappy photoshop to the right showing the accurate upper arm piece they should use for the right lower arm and hand - all licensed replicas use the left upper arm piece, where they should use the right.

other than this, is the arm accurate? can any terminator experts chime in?

I am not a prop collector but like to get this since it's such an iconic piece and the price is reasonable, but only if it's accurate.

All I have from the Terminator franchise is the McFarlane 12" T-800, and the NECA 18" endo, so when I get this, will probably sell the others. To me it's iconic enough represent all 3 movies.

Shame about the accuracy, but almost every statue or figure we get from all the companies, Sideshow included, have some inaccuracies, so I'll just look pass it.

If you look at the description on SS's about the arm it almost matches the HCG description of materials used. So it SHOULD come out the same quality?

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=8307

Only thing Im wondering, did the SS version come with a machined aluminum base? Because I don't think the HCG will be aluminium.

All considered, I think this could go up in value.

Chris

other than this, is the arm accurate? can any terminator experts chime in?

I am not a prop collector but like to get this since it's such an iconic piece and the price is reasonable, but only if it's accurate.

Looks accurate enough, though it's hard to tell in those images, and I've always been more interested in the T1. This is definitely T2. Usually, the inaccuracy on these are regarding size to the original - many licensed pieces are slightly undersized. This looks like it's from the same source as the Sideshow piece.

I can't remember where I heard it or if I'm remembering correctly, but I remember it as the reasoning behind using the wrong upper arm piece that it was a requirement from the studio all the way back when the arms were first produced to distinguish them from originals - these certainly link back to that offering, as all other licensed pieces do, so that will explain the consistency.

I don't think anyone would go wrong with getting this piece. And the plating and detailing looks really good.

Manufactured by Hollywood Collector's Gallery and distributed by Hollywood Collectibles Group.

Manufactured by Hollywood Collector's Gallery and distributed by Hollywood Collectibles Group.

1148_1253230725640.jpg

1148_1253230725640.jpg

some of the earlier comments would have cleared it up for you. the two are different companies so there's no mistake there.

If you look at the description on SS's about the arm it almost matches the HCG description of materials used. So it SHOULD come out the same quality?

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=8307

Only thing Im wondering, did the SS version come with a machined aluminum base? Because I don't think the HCG will be aluminium.

All considered, I think this could go up in value.

Chris

BUT this one will come with the acrylic case. :D

Wasnt Hollywood Collector's Gallery the company that decided to reissue the 1/2 terminator endo statue after they stated it was limited edition and soldout for a long time?

That's not very honest if it's true.

Back