HBO's Game of Thrones

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guy must be a really fast mover, to have a) done the deed, and b) been able to do it quick enough that she already knows about it. Of course, we have no way of proving the baby daddy in this universe, beyond books that explain genetic hair color of ancestors or what have you. So even if true, I don't know how that story proceeds.

That's what exposition is. A description or explanation of an idea or story. :lol We've had that for 6 seasons, all building towards these last 13 episodes.
Exposition is a way of providing backstory and context, but it is done so in an abbreviated way. If it is, in fact, the primary story, then it's not exposition. If you have 7 seasons of Game of Thrones, you can't call the first 6 seasons exposition! Jon Arryn's assasination, the Mad King and Robert's Rebellion, the way Sauron was originally defeated in Lord of the Rings, the fact that rebels got the Death Star plans, those were (at least originally) covered in exposition.

Ironically, the last season actually had a lot of exposition, because they couldn't cover as much ground on screen. We find out about Bronn setting up Tyrion and Jaimie's meeting, how Beric gets put in jail, etc. through exposition.

The other seasons weren't about exposition, they were about building a compelling story. Of course, they could have given us a Cliff's Notes "best of" version in a single 2 hour movie, but the fact that the story has unfolded in this sprawling, methodical manner is a big reason why it is as successful as it has been. For whatever reason, the powers that be want to wrap the show up in two abbreviated seasons, and that certainly explains why things are happening as they are. But it does feel like a different show as a result. What they have done in seven episodes would have in the past taken three seasons to cover. It's still good, and rushing things along is far preferable than a show like Deadwood that never got resolved at all of course. But I don't see why handling this season in a manner similar to the others would have been a bad thing, if it were possible. If done well, it would have made the story feel more organic and rewarding to my eyes.

Thank you. IMO it ended up w. me feeling frustrated. Like eating a perfect meal and then putting store bought dry cake in front of me.

Well, maybe not that bad:cool:. The actors are too good. And IMO some compelling moments. And:

Why make the final couple of seasons shorter? According to Variety, the showrunners feel that they can no longer live up to the standard they’ve set for themselves, and for the fans, given that the production grows in complexity every year. “It’s crossing out of a television schedule into more of a mid-range movie schedule,” Weiss said. It seems it’s getting harder to produce 10 episodes in the show’s usual 12 or 14 month filming time-frame. Shortening the final two years would allow them to focus more time on each episode.

Well, OK, I can live with that. And maybe in the home stretch we might get 10 episodes after all. But it does imply caring on the part of the writers, which IMO is a good thing even if I want more. Maybe we'll get deluxe sets with extra footage:dunno. Anything is better than waiting for the books, which at this point I have pretty well given up worrying about.:(

I don't blame the creators for wanting to move on to other things, which I'm sure is part of this. You do the same show for so long, even if the show is great, you're probably going to start wishing that you were doing something else. And getting burned out on all the work, which I suspect that is a big part of it

Seemed pretty clear to me that her motivation was having access to his fleet of ships, since that is a deficiency of the Lannister army. She could have been impregnated by anyone if she just wanted a baby.

Sansa knew Little finger was up to something. When he mentioned Brienne being honor bound to intercede it was him hinting to her that if she wanted to get rid of Arya she would have to send Brienne away first.

She played along with Little Finger so his guard would be down. Brienne gone? Check. Sansa paranoid about Arya? Check. They were playing him the whole time but had to wait for an opportune moment.

I like how it went down but it seemed too short. Little Finger crying and begging for his life was pathetic. Seemed out of character. Should have been a bit more argument but I need to watch it again.
I get that they were playing him but how did they get all the information. I guess from Bran but it's frustrating that it isn't shown because they decided to make the season 7 episodes.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Cersei & Mountains kid

Maybe it's the old scientist guy's kid.

Pretty sure she's lying that its Jamie's kid. Especially since there's such denial here -- that tells me its the perfect way to go with the storyline.

It might help to gain Jamie sympathy in Season 8 when he learns he has no future.

I am a bit frustrated already with next season. It is going to be 6 episodes with what is supposed to be the war of all wars for life and death then another war for the throne. How fast are the characters going to be jumping around now.

2017 be like...

IMG_1437.JPG

I get that they were playing him but how did they get all the information. I guess from Bran but it's frustrating that it isn't shown because they decided to make the season 7 episodes.

I caught some article a couple days ago that described all the hints suggesting that the start girls were conspiring against little finger. In reality I suspect that the people who wrote that saw the leaked episode and then tried to pretend as if they had some great insight into things while making some pretty tenuous connections. Having said that I'm sure there are hints here and there about what was going to happen.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I caught some article a couple days ago that described all the hints suggesting that the start girls were conspiring against little finger. In reality I suspect that the people who wrote that saw the leaked episode and then tried to pretend as if they had some great insight into things while making some pretty tenuous connections. Having said that I'm sure there are hints here and there about what was going to happen.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I hate all the fan theories online. My friends always want to talk to me about them and they rarely come true. Now with the leaked scripts I told them not to talk to me about any of them because people may be passing off leaked information as "theories."

I am a bit frustrated already with next season. It is going to be 6 episodes with what is supposed to be the war of all wars for life and death then another war for the throne. How fast are the characters going to be jumping around now.

6 episodes with a runtime of 1 hour and 30 minutes each?

Even if they had 10 episodes, what would they have filled the travelling gaps with? There are not many characters left in the series and most of them have now all come together either at Winterfell, Dragonstone or King's Landing. In the finale when they were strategizing their travel to Winterfell, they mentioned it would take nearly 2 weeks for the Dothraki and Unsullied to get there by foot because Winter had set in. So next season i don't expect we'll be waiting weeks to see them finally arrive, we just have to be aware that time has passed. During this season the majority of travelling was by ship, so we have to expect that is much faster than by road.

Back