HBO's Game of Thrones

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Episode 6's run time is one hour and 11 minutes, and Episode 7's run time is one hour and 21 minutes.

RE Gendry and his war hammer, any veteran D&D player knows that blunt weapons work better against skeletons and the dead than edged weapons!

Man, Sunday can't get here soon enough.

Concerning the Dirty Dozen mission north of the Wall...

Jon Snow obviously survives.
The Hound survives.
I think Jorah Mormont survives. I don't think he returns to be killed off so soon.
I think Gendry survives.
Tormund Giantsbane...50/50.
I think Ser Beric Dondarrion finally finds peace. He has served his purpose to the Lord of Light. It would be cool to have a scene where he is mortally wounded and Thoros attempts to bring him back, but to no avail.
Thoros of Myr...50/50.

And the random Wildlings accompanying them are dead.

Is Sam headed north? If so, he still has Heartsbane, the Tarly's ancestral sword of Valyrian steel. We all know Sam isn't a fighter. Although Longclaw was given to him freely, would be cool to see Jon give Longclaw to Jorah Mormont and to have Jon wield Heartsbane with Sam's blessing.

Two episodes left in the season, and the penultimate episode has been the big "battle" episode in seasons past...this next episode seems to be action packed, but on a smaller scale.

Would like to see Benjen Stark return to help them escape the dead...after all, Jon's been wondering about his uncle since season 1.

I don't want Jon, Hound, Jorah or Tormund to die. The others I'm not fussed about although I'd agree it would make no sense to bring back Gendry just to kill him in the next episode on a mission such as this.

Impressive group of Ultimate Bad@$$es there. I can't wait.

Last edited:
I think Gendry survives because why bother bringing him back.

I think he will have some importance when it comes to forging weapons. Maybe in the scrolls Sam took there is something in there about Valyrian steel.
Well they could have just brought him back because the fans kept asking, and it would be a pretty big middle finger to expectations to turn around and kill him off :lol But what you say makes sense. And they seem to be foreshadowing that he could play a bigger role and is a decent bad-ass fighter. We've got a guy who is going to understand the science behind killing white walkers in Sam, you'll have the materials from Dragonstone, you'll have the eyes and support from Bran, having a guy to forge weapons would make some sense, at least helping to teach others how to do a good job with it.

But I don't think he's indispensable. Only Jon is really essential to the story moving forward among that group, though the inevitable confrontation between the Hound and Mountain tells me he's also going nowhere.

No, no, no! Don't yall see?!?! They bring Gendry back to kill him off. That's his role purpose, to clear the air of loose end type of character. There is too many people claiming the iron throne. Plus dying to a walker is a noble death.

Gendry doesn't seem to be old to be knowledgeable enough to be a master smith. He fits the ragtags type of people who could join the group, disposable as Mr. Green would say. And he doesn't have much experience in fighting, in shape from being a smith as he is, and no formal weapon training like Arya. Wielding a 2 hand axe and no real armor, his chances of survival is slim.

You kidding? He smoked those two guards with two swings :lol

Gendry survives to make weapons and help Jon once Jon takes the iron throne Gendry marries sansa and becomes warden of the north

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Back