HBO's Game of Thrones

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm thinking he will, after all no one in his house respects him. Did you notice the look he had after he mentioned the Starks would come to take whatever place his men were going to take? I think he means to rejoin Robb when that happens. At least I hope.

I took it the other way. I took it that Theon knew that Winterfell would send a large force to re-take the place he was going to raid (I can't remember the name either: I think it was something "Square"), thus leaving Winterfell vulnerable...and ripe for the taking, cementing Theon's worthiness in his men's and his father's eyes.

I like your theory better, though, and I hope it comes true. I like Theon. :(

Well, remember Tyrion was not aware that Arya was not in their grasp until he came to King's Landing to rule as the Hand of the King in Tywin's stead. Unless Tyrion sent a raven to Tywin (and Tyrion is not the dutiful son type), I'm inclined to believe Tywin has no idea...yet. Am I wrong, readers?

True, plus Tywin is too wrapped up in war strategies to probably care. I could be wrong though, Arya may be a bigger piece of the puzzle than I think.

I'm thinking he will, after all no one in his house respects him. Did you notice the look he had after he mentioned the Starks would come to take whatever place his men were going to take? I think he means to rejoin Robb when that happens. At least I hope.

I don't trust him. I think he's going to try to prove himself worthy and impress his father and sister. It was a stupid move to send him home.

I took it the other way. I took it that Theon knew that Winterfell would send a large force to re-take the place he was going to raid (I can't remember the name either: I think it was something "Square"), thus leaving Winterfell vulnerable...and ripe for the taking, cementing Theon's worthiness in his men's and his father's eyes.

I like your theory better, though, and I hope it comes true. I like Theon. :(

I'm hoping it's my theory. Not even his own sister shows him respect and I hope he turns on them as revenge. Robb respects him and loves Theon like a brother, all his house does is mock him.

I don't trust him. I think he's going to try to prove himself worthy and impress his father and sister. It was a stupid move to send him home.

I agree. But he is torn and in the end I hope his love of the Stark's will overcome his need for acceptance from the Greyjoy's.

It was a sound strategy though...without a naval assault, Robb's forces would have faced a prolonged siege at King's Landing.

Dunno if that scene was in the second book or not, but the scene last episode (or was it two episodes ago?) where Theon sat in the dark ruminating over the letter he had written to Robb before burning it is probably my favorite scene of the season so far. Such a small scene, but it illustrated the struggle that Theon went through.

I agree. But he is torn and in the end I hope his love of the Stark's will overcome his need for acceptance from the Greyjoy's.

It won't take much for him to remember all those years living in the shadow of the Starks. He sees a chance for greatness of his own now. I think he's a traitor and if I'm right, then I hope he pays the price. He's got a pretty unimpressive group of soldiers and he'd be an idiot to try something with that band. He should stick to his little raiding mission but I can imagine him overextending himself trying to prove his worth.

Well, remember Tyrion was not aware that Arya was not in their grasp until he came to King's Landing to rule as the Hand of the King in Tywin's stead. Unless Tyrion sent a raven to Tywin (and Tyrion is not the dutiful son type), I'm inclined to believe Tywin has no idea...yet. Am I wrong, readers?

In the book Tywin wasn't at Harrenahal and never interacted with Arya

His burning of the warning note doesn't portend a happy reunion with Robb I think.
Also the younger Starks vision of the sea overtaking Winterfell means Greyjoy will capture it I believe.
:rotfl@"Demon monkey"

Also the younger Starks vision of the sea overtaking Winterfell means Greyjoy will capture it I believe.

That's exactly what I thought, and I mentioned it to my GF last night as we were watching.

Plus Bran saw Ser Rodrick dead. I didn't know that Jory was Ser Rodrick's son until I got the Season One Blu-Ray set. It would have been a nice touch if the series creators had put in a scene were Ser Rodrick mourned Jory's death.

It won't take much for him to remember all those years living in the shadow of the Starks. He sees a chance for greatness of his own now. I think he's a traitor and if I'm right, then I hope he pays the price. He's got a pretty unimpressive group of soldiers and he'd be an idiot to try something with that band. He should stick to his little raiding mission but I can imagine him overextending himself trying to prove his worth.

It would serve him right for betraying Robb, who he swore fealty too. Theon does seem to suffer from Delusions of Grandeur syndrome, the a-hole.

His burning of the warning note doesn't portend a happy reunion with Robb I think.
:rotfl@"Demon monkey"

But during a scene with Bran it was brought up that not all his dreams come true. We shall see.

So I was watching Batman Begins last night and a young Joffrey was in it.....I want to reach through the TV and tell Victor Zsasz to gut the little ****er while he was young :lol:lol:lol:lol

So were the three prisoners in the wagon Lannister men already, or did they join up with the Lannister's guards afterwards?

Still hoping that Theon comes to his senses and become's an ally of Robb, but I'm not holding my breath.

To answer your question about the prisoners, they were not lannister men and all are pretty different from each other, jaqen h'ghar is from bravos and the other two, Rorge and Biter are a nasty lot....basically what I think happened is they saw the three would be served better as guards so they let them do that. As far as I can remember from the books at least

To answer your question about the prisoners, they were not lannister men and all are pretty different from each other, jaqen h'ghar is from bravos and the other two, Rorge and Biter are a nasty lot....basically what I think happened is they saw the three would be served better as guards so they let them do that. As far as I can remember from the books at least

They were murderers or worse from the dungeons of Kings Landing going to the Wall. Jaqen got them out (with Arya's help) and they just probably joined up with the Lannister army soon after and lied about their background.

They were murderers or worse from the dungeons of Kings Landing going to the Wall. Jaqen got them out (with Arya's help) and they just probably joined up with the Lannister army soon after and lied about their background.

Sweet, thanks for the clarification. That's what I thought. especially after Jaqen asked Arya why it was right for her to work for the Lannisters and not him. I'll read the second book as soon as this season's over.

I'm not a fan of Melisandre, for a variety of reasons.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I'm not a fan of Melisandre, for a variety of reasons.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I feel exactly the same way about Melissandre. IMO She is too overpowered with her magic skills.

But you guys are okay with the dragons and white walkers?

I agree with some of the prior posts on this thread. I like the introduction of the supernatural / fantasty element, as long as we don't have wizards conjuring spells and throwing lightning bolts, fireballs, and magic missles.

I'm perfectly fine with the dragons and White Walkers. I quite like those elements in the story. I just don't like Melissandre and her magic tricks.

Back