HBO's Game of Thrones

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you espn for completing spoiling cersei dying before the episode hit the west coast. Those ****s! Besides that, i thought it was a good episode, but could've been much better.

The cersei death should've been much more satisfying. Arya or Jon should've at least had one good kill in this episode. I can understand why Dany is crazy now, but i hope her death is more tragic and not just arya predictably killing her at this point. Possibly jon kills her, then commits suicide?

Nah, I think it’d be more of a dany kills Jon, and then commit suicide. Tyrion and Sansa found their corpses and take the iron throne.

This will go down as one of the worst episodes of television history. You may be tempted to say what sensational ******** but just wait and watch.

Initial reactions have been overwhelmingly negative. You cannot satisfy everyone nor should you try but you have to earn a narrative with proper setup, time, explanation, motive, etc all of which were not on display here.

Daenerys performed the act she did not because of any traumas or betrayals she had went through but because the of the forced narrative and character assassination the writers decided to perform.

She as of this episode is the most powerful person in the world of Game Of Thrones. She just achieved her ultimate goal of taking back her kingdom that like it or not was built by and stolen from her ancestors. For all intents and purposes she had won and obtained all she had ever wanted. She then destroys her families century old Kingdom for what reason!?

If you wanted to portray her as a mad queen then have her constantly afraid of assassins in wait all around her in her own kingdom,encampment, entourage. Have her blaming this person for treachery and executing them without proof. You wanna say the betrayals and loss she has suffered broke her, hell she lost her country shortly around the time of her birth, was sold by her brother, raped by her husband, and still for 7 seasons was vastly a wise and compassionate ruler. Keep in mind she is a hot blooded Targaryen 20 yr old with dragons so she is definitely going to be ruthless and make mistakes at times, but mass murder and destruction of your own kingdom in 1 day... Nah that is piss poor writing at best and character assassination at worst.

hes-right-you-know-32644960.png

What happened to Game of Thrones I loved? Where are all those great character developments, intelligent story, excellent narrative and script? GoT is the new The Last Jedi, it has now been Rian Johnsoned... :(

Having slept on it, I have to agree with everyone who doesn't like it.

The writing has gone from rushed to poor, in my opinion. You can rationalize the writer's choices with a bunch of hand-waving about the horrors of war, the corrupting influence of power, foreshadowing of Targaryen madness and tyranny in prior seasons. Hypothetically the ingredients are there but it's half-baked.

These are well-paid professional writers, of course, they got here from somewhere. But it does not feel earned, it does not feel organic or inevitable in the way Martin's machinations creak forward with the weight of fate behind them.

This is like a parody of Martin's work due to writers taking shortcuts and giving us spectacle instead of a grounded narrative.

In the GoT universe, there is a possible outcome like what we saw last night, but my issue boils down to *"You can't get there from here."*

It's a shame, but they failed to stick the landing.

Jesus did they throw their character studies in the bin? Complete reversal of characters arcs rendering 8 years pointless. Benioff and Weiss phoned this season in. Their minds are already in a galaxy far, far away.

Also, it's a silly nitpick because DRAGON but apparently fire-breath isn't just super-hot but it's also explosive and detonates giant walls like cruise missiles.

Dany and Trogdor, burninating the civilians. :lol

Can you provide a historical context that parallels her? If anything her being totally and utterly human defies logic as to why she would do that after obtaining a complete victory with virtually no loss.

Its literally the equivalent of any mass murder in history Hitler et al etc, becoming a completely benevolent and compassionate individual.

Completely believable. Benevolent people can burn bridges and you know what they say about power - power tends to corrupt, absolute power corrupts absolutely. We saw her beginning to crack when she burned the Tarly's and in this episode she obtained that absolute power.

Completely believable. Benevolent people can burn bridges and you know what they say about power - power tends to corrupt, absolute power corrupts absolutely. We saw her beginning to crack when she burned the Tarly's and in this episode she obtained that absolute power.

Do you have a historical example?

This will go down as one of the worst episodes of television history. You may be tempted to say what sensational ******** but just wait and watch.

Initial reactions have been overwhelmingly negative. You cannot satisfy everyone nor should you try but you have to earn a narrative with proper setup, time, explanation, motive, etc all of which were not on display here.

Daenerys performed the act she did not because of any traumas or betrayals she had went through but because the of the forced narrative and character assassination the writers decided to perform.

She as of this episode is the most powerful person in the world of Game Of Thrones. She just achieved her ultimate goal of taking back her kingdom that like it or not was built by and stolen from her ancestors. For all intents and purposes she had won and obtained all she had ever wanted. She then destroys her families century old Kingdom for what reason!?

If you wanted to portray her as a mad queen then have her constantly afraid of assassins in wait all around her in her own kingdom,encampment, entourage. Have her blaming this person for treachery and executing them without proof. You wanna say the betrayals and loss she has suffered broke her, hell she lost her country shortly around the time of her birth, was sold by her brother, raped by her husband, and still for 7 seasons was vastly a wise and compassionate ruler. Keep in mind she is a hot blooded Targaryen 20 yr old with dragons so she is definitely going to be ruthless and make mistakes at times, but mass murder and destruction of your own kingdom in 1 day... Nah that is piss poor writing at best and character assassination at worst.

This. Sums up my problem with the writing for Daenerys completely.

The writing for the characters and the storytelling leading up to the climax is garbage. People remember the ending more than the beginning in a lot of ways, and that's why sticking the landing is so important. The spectacular failure here lands this show in the garbage heap. This will be mentioned as one of the worst television series finales for a long time.

Man, I'm glad I didn't go all in with GOT merchandise or spend a lot of money on this franchise because it's basically completely dead to me at this point. I'm not interested in any spin off and I'm confident I'll never want to re-watch this show ever again.

Worst. Episode. EVER.

Up to this point, I had mostly enjoyed the new season. But this episode was like the writers literally said, '**** it' and wrote an episode to just end the show. Daenerys' 'Anakin Skywalker' transformation mostly felt like a betrayal of who her character was. I saw the episode BTS and even with her closest friends dead or gone her turn to full-fledged baddie seems like something her character would not become.

Fail. huge FAIL

And these guys have a new SW Trilogy? **** me

I think they did need to expand on Dany's descent into madness. It seems like quite a leap to go from a few facial tics, and disappointment in how she's received, to the immolation of the entire city population.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Yep. It's a similar kind of thing that bothers me about IW and EG (with differences of course) - but the sense of characters acting out of character, rushing a narrative, jettisoning a narrative, uneven flow, big build-up with no payoff, spectacle, and IMO stupidity.

Arya and Hound annoy me - As pointed out, the driven Arya goes all soft WTF. Plus, this assassin water dancer doesn't do a better job of flowing through people and buildings in a danger situation, but just sort of gets mowed down. The Hound deserved better. Cersei and Jaimie so lame at the last (well, that was TEPID). Totally agree about the forced Dani situation WTF.

Just feels like the writers are cramming stuff and winding it all up - it feels tired. Heck, I'm still mad about the loss of the dragons. It's like the whole show is running out of gas.:stake

I think they did need to expand on Dany's descent into madness. It seems like quite a leap to go from a few facial tics, and disappointment in how she's received, to the immolation of the entire city population.

LOL a few facial tics and then BURN IT! BURN IT ALL!!!!:lol:lol:lol

Back