HBO's Game of Thrones

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think its funny that everyone is bent out of shape over a coffee cup... but no one has said anything about how wrong it was that once Euron's fleet killed the dragon, that Dani didn't attack once they fired all their rounds at her. I mean it must take some time to reload. Instead, she just flew away. She could have burned all those ships right there.

The filmmakers should have at least CGI'd some sort of rolling reloader on the side of the harpoon guns, so we understand that they can rapid fire if they want.

I thought the same thing, those ballistas should take awhile to reload, maybe 10 minutes? Once they shot, they should've been vulnerable, but I noticed in the very next shot Euron Greyjoy already has a bolt reloaded after what seemed like a minute.

One other thing, they can't aim those ballistas straight up. :lol

Euron was already reloaded and lining up the shot when she veered off. Dragon probably couldn’t have taken out that many targets before at least one gunner nailed him. These scorpions seemed to be more powerful then the loot train episode version that Bron used. Three shots, three hits right off the bat on one moving dragon from a good distance away. It’s her last dragon and she has closer bond with Drogon so he lives to fight another day.

I guess. Still seemed a little weak.

George Martin said it could’ve gone for a few more years with all the detail they skipped in his books. They should’ve. The only good that’ll come from the rushed ending is that maybe Martin will avoid the gaffes the show makes this season and more satisfying endings or explanations.

Of course the book's ending will be better. Like you said, he will avoid the bad and remake the good. In several years.

In the meantime, we'll all be watching GoT: The Early Years Season 2 by then.

I thought the same thing, those ballistas should take awhile to reload, maybe 10 minutes? Once they shot, they should've been vulnerable, but I noticed in the very next shot Euron Greyjoy already has a bolt reloaded after what seemed like a minute.

One other thing, they can't aim those ballistas straight up. :lol

She might be able to have her dragon life a boulder and just drop it from high above.

I think its funny that everyone is bent out of shape over a coffee cup... but no one has said anything about how wrong it was that once Euron's fleet killed the dragon, that Dani didn't attack once they fired all their rounds at her. I mean it must take some time to reload. Instead, she just flew away. She could have burned all those ships right there.

The filmmakers should have at least CGI'd some sort of rolling reloader on the side of the harpoon guns, so we understand that they can rapid fire if they want.

Agreed. I was also scratching my head on Cersei. You have Dany, Tyrion and the dragon at your mercy at the gate, yet she doesn't take them all out right there? You essentially eliminate their hardest hitter right there.

Agreed. I was also scratching my head on Cersei. You have Dany, Tyrion and the dragon at your mercy at the gate, yet she doesn't take them all out right there? You essentially eliminate their hardest hitter right there.

Yeah, that was heard to believe that Cersei wouldn't have taken that moment to just put one of many arrows thru Dani's skull, dragon or no, and end this nonsense right there.

Yeah, that was heard to believe that Cersei wouldn't have taken that moment to just put one of many arrows thru Dani's skull, dragon or no, and end this nonsense right there.

They should have just ended the series with the death of the Night King. That was an incredible episode.

The endless search for giants milk begins this fall:
0D8E95C9-DFB5-439C-9BF4-08B387DB7AEA.jpeg

9446468C-6A89-443E-94BE-1F25A35210AF.jpeg

Man, the last 2 episodes are filled with so much stupidity. All of a sudden, supposed intelligent people come up with dumb plans, or execute dumb behavior. I actually turned it off after the Dragon scene. But like an hour later decided to watch the last 15 minutes or so. Don't even care what happens any more.

Good writers need to create Villains that people love to hate. Not villains that turn you off to wanting to care or watch the show anymore.

I have no hope for the last 2 episodes. This show is gonna end with a sigh of relief that it's over, rather than with a gasp that I long for more.

RIP GOT.

They must have planned it in such a way then when a batch of ship reloaded, another will be on standby mode and shoot more, so there’s no gap for the dragons to attack.

Yeah when Dany saw the dragon die and then charged on her own dragon, I thought for sure she was gonna light up all the ships out of anger at what just happened. But no, she just flew straight at them, dodged all their harpoons, and then....flew away?

Also, Dany can't be carrying Jon's child. She can't have children. Remember back in season one? When she miscarried Drogo's baby, it rendered her unable to ever have more children.

As for Jon not hugging Ghost...my first thought was he couldn't bear the idea of leaving him so he just had to get it over with. But I don't know. You'd probably still hug or pet him. I'm not a dog guy, so it didn't really bother me that much, but it's sad, cause they're obviously never going to see each other again. Neither will Brienne and Jaime. And Arya and Gendry. Man....really felt bad for Gendry. Who here hasn't been in that position...lots of times?

The whole dragon/ambush scene was really meh, I mean they had no scouts? no lookouts? no garrison in the castle? the dragons couldn't see all those ships from way up in the sky? just seemed ridiculous, that and the unbelievable accuracy of those crossbows from that range, then the charge! head on into the fire omg! she couldn't circle round and attack from behind? from directly above? she's so stupid she doesn't deserve to rule.

Then there's the "I swear not to tell" lol he had absolutely no reason whatsoever to tell them, they could have had Sam accidentally let it out in some way John telling them was just stupid he knew fine well Sansa more or less had it in for the new queen and I really don't think he'd give her that kind of ammunition.

Then there's that tiny band of soldiers standing outside the gates Serce could have practically ended things there and then, bowmen, crossbows, cavalry charge all of which could have taken out the queen, officers, advisers. The whole thing seems to have been written on the back of a *** packet after a night in the pub.

Well that particular word has been on the naughty list in the US for quite some time.

Glad to hear you're off the smokes though.

The whole dragon/ambush scene was really meh, I mean they had no scouts? no lookouts? no garrison in the castle? the dragons couldn't see all those ships from way up in the sky? just seemed ridiculous, that and the unbelievable accuracy of those crossbows from that range, then the charge! head on into the fire omg! she couldn't circle round and attack from behind? from directly above? she's so stupid she doesn't deserve to rule.

Then there's the "I swear not to tell" lol he had absolutely no reason whatsoever to tell them, they could have had Sam accidentally let it out in some way John telling them was just stupid he knew fine well Sansa more or less had it in for the new queen and I really don't think he'd give her that kind of ammunition.

Then there's that tiny band of soldiers standing outside the gates Serce could have practically ended things there and then, bowmen, crossbows, cavalry charge all of which could have taken out the queen, officers, advisers. The whole thing seems to have been written on the back of a *** packet after a night in the pub.

You gotta understand that at this point the writers need to show that Cersei’s forces are still a threat to Dany’s and not just some armless force that’ll die with a breath of fire from the dragons, since most of the viewers feel like the biggest threat of the whole series is the night king and he’s dead.

Otherwise the show loses the edge and the appeal for the viewers, the only way the can do that is to eliminate the second dragon and have some clumsy fights and decision making skills like we saw on episode 4. Not ideal, but I don’t think they could shock anyone and kill off any major character at this point with 3 more episodes to go.

I have NOT read the alleged spoilers from a leaked script page, but just based on watching for the last 8 years, and how clumsily they've been writing the last few episodes, I wouldn't be surprised if the next episode deals with Cersei and that's the last we see of her and Jaime and possibly ever Tyrion, and the Mountain and Hound and anyone else they wanna off; and then the final episode is Dany vs Jon vs Sansa and ties it all up.

Purely speculation on my part, but that seems to be the order they've been pushing the "conflicts"....first was the obvious, the walkers. We already knew they were gonna go for Cersei so they had to foreshadow all the lying/betrayal to set a wedge between Jon and Dany and Sansa, and they're more important characters, so it's only natural they'll save that for the very end.

Back