HBO's Game of Thrones

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Could have been a planned chemical reaction.
The pie was one half of the equation and the wine the other half.
I don't think enough time passed to pass out additional pieces of pie but Joffery didn't initially look like he enjoyed that bite but got worse with the wine drinking.
Odd that the fool would've been in on it some how.
If the fool hadn't shown I would've put my money on Tywin as the mastermind.
He knows Joffery sucks as king and will just create more problems down the line and a result of an incestuous relationship between his own children.
He's worried about the Lannister legacy so he can get Tyron out of the way as well by implicating him.
Jaimie will also look ineffective as a royal guard and might listen to Tywin about being his sole legitamint heir and leaving the knights guard for good.
Just a theory.

Sennsa also touched the cup before the king drank from it.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if this is a rhetorical question or not, I think someone asked it already, but does Jaime know that Joffrey is his son?? It seems like he doesn't. . .

If the answer is a spoiler, please mark it as so, otherwise if you could just answer with a yes or no, it would be appreciated. ;)

Could have been a planned chemical reaction.
The pie was one half of the equation and the wine the other half.
I don't think enough time passed to pass out additional pieces of pie but Joffery didn't initially look like he enjoyed that bite but got worse with the wine drinking.
Odd that the fool would've been in on it some how.
If the fool hadn't shown I would've put my money on Tywin as the mastermind.
He knows Joffery sucks as king and will just create more problems down the line and a result of an incestuous relationship between his own children.
He's worried about the Lannister legacy so he can get Tyron out of the way as well by implicating him.
Jaimie will also look ineffective as a royal guard and might listen to Tywin about being his sole legitamint heir.
Just a theory.

Sennsa also touched the cup before the king drank from it.
The wine and pie mixing causing a chemical reaction crossed my mind too, but Joffrey drank some wine before eating the pie, and after Sansa touched the cup, then after taking a bite of the pie had no visible reaction. That could be explained by saying that the wine he initially drank had already reached his stomach by the time he ate the pie, so an immediate reaction wouldn't be expected, but I find it unlikely that they would add that extra bit of confusion.

Sir Dontos taking Sansa away is another thing that really makes me think it was Olenna's idea. Who was the only person who showed enough care about Sansa to have her rescued? Olenna. Who spoke to Sansa about visiting Highgarden just minutes before the poisoning? Olenna.

Tywin does have strong reasons to have poisoned Joffrey as well though, as you pointed out.

I wonder...perhaps Tywin and Olenna planned it together?

I'm not sure if this is a rhetorical question or not, I think someone asked it already, but does Jaime know that Joffrey is his son?? It seems like he doesn't. . .

If the answer is a spoiler, please mark it as so, otherwise if you could just answer with a yes or no, it would be appreciated. ;)

I'm marking it to be safe:

Spoiler Spoiler:

https://www.dorkly.com/article/61601/game-of-thrones-actors-in-the-wayback-machine

eceb695fdfca7b583efa275aae29a7f6-game-of-thrones-actors-in-the-wayback-machine.jpg

:lol :lol :lol

I asked it but no one replied.
I think he knows but doesn't really care.
He enjoys venting his lust with his sister but doesn't care about the result.

I asked it but no one replied.
I think he knows but doesn't really care.
He enjoys venting his lust with his sister but doesn't care about the result.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I'm marking it to be safe:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Ah, that's fine. I was just worried it might become some plot point down the road.

Interesting about that Brienne and Cersei exchange. I thought it came out of left field. I didn't get the impression that Brienne had any romantic feelings towards Jaime, but her silence indicated otherwise. Or perhaps she was just smart enough to keep her mouth shut and not try to argue with the king's mother.

Ah, that's fine. I was just worried it might become some plot point down the road.

Interesting about that Brienne and Cersei exchange. I thought it came out of left field. I didn't get the impression that Brienne had any romantic feelings towards Jaime, but her silence indicated otherwise. Or perhaps she was just smart enough to keep her mouth shut and not try to argue with the king's mother.

I think she was shocked; like she didn't know how to answer.

It wasn't as satisfying as I thought it would be :lol

I was hoping
Spoiler Spoiler:

It was still pretty cool though, this show is turning me into a maniac :lol

Its one down, 2 to go. Frey and Evil Samwise also need to die at some point.
I would replace Evil Samwise with Roose Bolton. After this latest episode I'm really starting to like Ramsay. His quirky psychopath personality is so fun to watch.

tumblr_n41fevwbD51qib9pno4_250.gif
tumblr_n41fevwbD51qib9pno1_250.gif

tumblr_n40tstXNfm1rtf3g6o3_250.gif
tumblr_n40tstXNfm1rtf3g6o1_250.gif

I love what he says in the opening scene when he's hunting that girl, like a game show host, "If you make it out of the woods, you win!" :lol

I never read the books, but during the scene when Joffrey is humiliating Tyrion, I was going to ask this forum when Joffrey dies in the book. Then BAM, I got my answer:yess:

You're welcome and not really. Rules are rules.
I think you mean rules are rules when they apply to people you don't like. Why don't you contribute to the thread rather than following me around and giving me infractions for the most ridiculous of reasons? I'm pretty sure people who watch Game of Thrones are familiar with the F word.

I think you mean rules are rules when they apply to people you don't like. Why don't you contribute to the thread rather than following me around and giving me infractions for the most ridiculous of reasons? I'm pretty sure people who watch Game of Thrones are familiar with the F word.

No but you tell yourself whatever you have to. :lol I will once I've had a chance to watch the first two episodes. So for now I'm really trying to avoid things by staying out of this thread except when I get posts that have been reported for using language that is blocked out by the filter. I'll repeat what I said earlier with just follow the rules. :)

Olenna dropped the poison in the cup while it was sitting in front of her

I think Sansa unknowingly had something to do with it though which is why Olenna had the fool take her to safety

Back