HBO's Game of Thrones

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hate to admit it but I agree. Honor and loyalty in this realm equals stupidity. Expecting people to live up to the standards of morals the Starks possess is a false hope at best. In this realm survival depends on being more cunning and sneaky than the other guy. Which of course leaves little room for honor and loyalty to duty, king, or country.

I love the Starks don't get me wrong. And if love to see the good guys win but we all know that after 3 seasons and 5 books there will be no happy ending to this story. The only people to root for is the either the Lanisters or the Targaryans. Everyone else will be sword fodder unfortunately.

Look at Danni. She started out innocent and weak but through her trials has become ruthless but still honorable. That may be her only weakness. Her heart. No other family in the seven kingdoms would help free slaves even if it was allowed in Westeros.

Basicly, they don't have the MPAA and the RIAA Lobbying like crazy becuase they're scared of the internet, like they've been scared of VCR's, TV, Movie theatres and radio.

Like we do in the states.

I torrented issues 1 through... something, but I don't have a program that reads the file format, and I didn't feel like finding, downloading, and installing one. So I deleted the torrent.

https://comical.sourceforge.net/

Did it for you.

you can also open them with winzip or winrar.

Only because it is hard to enforce. The government has begun collecting IP addresses of users who download pirated material. This will change I am sure.
really don't think it will go anywhere in the long run.

https://www.techdirt.com/articles/2...s-be-like-if-mpaa-succeeded-killing-vcr.shtml

This IS the same thing.

BACK ON TOPIC

John Snow's my favorite. Becuase he kn ows nothing, and thinks Doctor Horrible is his Arch nemesis.

I hate to admit it but I agree. Honor and loyalty in this realm equals stupidity. Expecting people to live up to the standards of morals the Starks possess is a false hope at best. In this realm survival depends on being more cunning and sneaky than the other guy. Which of course leaves little room for honor and loyalty to duty, king, or country.

I love the Starks don't get me wrong. And if love to see the good guys win but we all know that after 3 seasons and 5 books there will be no happy ending to this story. The only people to root for is the either the Lanisters or the Targaryans. Everyone else will be sword fodder unfortunately.

Look at Danni. She started out innocent and weak but through her trials has become ruthless but still honorable. That may be her only weakness. Her heart. No other family in the seven kingdoms would help free slaves even if it was allowed in Westeros.

As in the real world, no one is completely good or completely bad. Everyone is some shade of gray, there's no black and white. Some people are mostly good, like Daenerys Targaryen and the Starks, some are mostly bad, like King Joffrey and the majority of the Lannisters, and some we don't quite know yet, like Varys and the rest of the small council. But even so, many characters see themselves as honorable people, doing whatever necessary for the good of their house or for the good of the realm. For instance, Tywin Lannister wanted to have his son Tyrion killed due to his dwarfism, but he did the honorable thing and let him live. It's all a matter of perception and we as readers/viewers may see things differently than the characters themselves.

That being said, I still have some hope for the story to end on a somewhat happy note. Bad triumphs over good often times because the villains don't adhere to the same code of honor as the heroes, like the one Ned Stark carried around with him that ultimately led to his death. However, there is still a lot of good in the world that seems to be closing in on the bad, especially if you're reading the books. I think the show will get there.

As in the real world, no one is completely good or completely bad. Everyone is some shade of gray, there's no black and white. Some people are mostly good, like Daenerys Targaryen and the Starks, some are mostly bad, like King Joffrey and the majority of the Lannisters, and some we don't quite know yet, like Varys and the rest of the small council. But even so, many characters see themselves as honorable people, doing whatever necessary for the good of their house or for the good of the realm. For instance, Tywin Lannister wanted to have his son Tyrion killed due to his dwarfism, but he did the honorable thing and let him live. It's all a matter of perception and we as readers/viewers may see things differently than the characters themselves.

That being said, I still have some hope for the story to end on a somewhat happy note. Bad triumphs over good often times because the villains don't adhere to the same code of honor as the heroes, like the one Ned Stark carried around with him that ultimately led to his death. However, there is still a lot of good in the world that seems to be closing in on the bad, especially if you're reading the books. I think the show will get there.

Good points, but I can't help but feel that Ned Stark might still be alive if not for his daughter Sansa.

Nope. Joffery is a bloodthirsty little ****. He was going to kill Ned stark NO MATTER WHAT once he saw he could do it and get away with it.

Nope. Joffery is a bloodthirsty little ****. He was going to kill Ned stark NO MATTER WHAT once he saw he could do it and get away with it.

Sansa running off and tattleing to the Queen gave the Lannisters the upper hand, had she not done that, the outcome might have been very different. But that is all conjecture.

Joffrey is one of the only characters on the show wthout a touch of grey, he is pure evil incarnate.

Sansa running off and tattleing to the Queen gave the Lannisters the upper hand, had she not done that, the outcome might have been very different. But that is all conjecture.

Joffrey is one of the only characters on the show wthout a touch of grey, he is pure evil incarnate.

Spoiler Spoiler:

What did she tattle to Cersei? I must be forgetting something.

Good points, but I can't help but feel that Ned Stark might still be alive if not for his daughter Sansa.

No. It's his fault. Once he found out about Cersei and Jaime he shouldn't have told her about it. Doesn't he remember what happened to Jon Arryn. That's how he ended up as the hand.

No. It's his fault. Once he found out about Cersei and Jaime he shouldn't have told her about it. Doesn't he remember what happened to Jon Arryn. That's how he ended up as the hand.

His honor and his personal morals and ethics wouldn't allow him ANY other path.
To do so would be untrue to who and what he is.

Another little nod that he was never untrue to Cat as well.

What did she tattle to Cersei? I must be forgetting something.

That Ned was making her go back to winterfel. This allowed Cersi to take her hostage, and Force Ned's hand.

And yet the Starks are still going. They can still get a happy ending, or as Martin has said, a bittersweet one.
I think the story for the Starks is - get us rooting for them, cripple them, then raise them again and get us rooting for them again. Alot of people in the books are still supporters, and remember - 'The North Remembers'.

that's what happened in the book. I forget what she blabbed to Cersi about in the show... if she did at all.

I don't think she did, which i was a bit upset about. But then you do have Ned blatantly spell it out to Cersei, so maybe there was no need for Sansa to say anything.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Oh, I know, I read the books...

Spoiler Spoiler:

I don't think she did, which i was a bit upset about. But then you do have Ned blatantly spell it out to Cersei, so maybe there was no need for Sansa to say anything.

It happened on the show too, I remember it.

Oh, I know, I read the books...

Spoiler Spoiler:

It happened on the show too, I remember it.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I don't know where the books are, but I think the best way to reveal Jon Snow's origin is to...

Spoiler Spoiler:

If that's not the reveal they use, I will be disappointed.

In season 1 when the White Walker attacked Commander Mormont, Jon Snow threw a lamp at it which resulted in immolating the White Walker but also Burned Jon Snow's hand.

So...
Spoiler Spoiler:

Back