HBO's Game of Thrones

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Most of it didn't happen in the book but I feel it's not really departing as much as filling in blanks and making stuff work for screen. A character like Eric Storm (I think that was his name) just isn't important enough to add in the show so Gendry replaces him. Not a big deal. Pretty sure the conversation with Roose Bolton, Jaime and Brienne happened pretty close to the book.

Man, did we get a reminder as to why we hate Joffrey in this episode! I suppose it was needed after we've seen Margaery repeatedly play him like a fiddle. And Littlefinger, though always a villain, is finally showing his true and thorough maliciousness.

Spoiler from the latest episode:

Spoiler Spoiler:

The climb totally occurred in the book, in fact, more stuff took place than what was shown in the episode

Yeah, the climb happened, but all the 'drama' was witnessed by Jon and Ygritte from the ground. In the book, the wildlings climbed the wall, installing the rope along the way. Jon and Ygritte's climb is not documented, and none of that happened to them directly.

Hasn't seen episode yet. Forms mental link with earlier ''I ****ing hate Joffrey'' comment. I ****ing hate Joffrey too.

I can tell you between now and the end of the season there are things you will not want spoiled by reading the thread before setting the episode.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

The torture bit is getting played out and rather annoying tbh. I didn't much ever care for Theon so subjecting me to this is indeed torture. Ayra is becoming fun to watch, she's becoming quite the little bad ***. Humanizing Snow with a relationship has helped his character too imo.

By the way, on every site I've read articles about GOT there's been at least one person who spoils everything the comments, be wary

Spoiled everything what? The show is differant from the books in alot of ways and the books aren't finished being written. If you haven't seen that week's episode yet don't read articles about it.

Ha ha! Does she look like Daenarys?

Glorious blonde locks that are nearly worthy of Kamandi

GEwVGdQ.jpg

Finally watched this weeks episode. They deviated from the book a good deal in this on. Even the things that happened in the book were different.

Can't believe we only have 4 more left. Time flies.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

Totally agree. One hundred percent, and it has no main protagonist, which is why this show is boring. Not became of the acting, production, character design or overall plot.

But because of the endless interruptions of characters that have little to no value, even if it ends up going somewhere or they are important eventually innthenbook, the crippled kid and his posse, Theon, the fat bald guy in the senate the old lady from kings landing,Stannis, the fat guy from the crows, the list goes on and on and on... I cringe when those guys come on because they interrupt the storyline and that's why I feel things are moving as slow as molasses.

That and the names are confusing, all the damn guys they cast look the same, it drives me crazy.

And again, no clear protagonist, of it was like that in the book that's fine but it does not work for a TV show.

I know I look like a whiner here rhe truth is I really do enjoy the show but I'm just frustrated because it could be a favorite, the moments of greatness are just too few and far between the long drawn out side storylines.

There are some things about this show that in my opinion surpasses any other TV show in history but overall I truely feel like its a bit of a hot mess.

:lol

Varys and Olenna are awesome.

I could watch Varys and Littlefinger throw veiled insults at one another for a whole episode.

But I think you're kinda right. In the books it didn't feel like this to me. There is a lot going on. Too much for a show.....maybe.

I disagree about the protagonist though. No main protagonist is exactly what ASOIAF is about. No clear hero or villian.

Varys and Olenna are awesome.

I could watch Varys and Littlefinger throw veiled insults at one another for a whole episode.

But I think you're kinda right. In the books it didn't feel like this to me. There is a lot going on. Too much for a show.....maybe.

I disagree about the protagonist though. No main protagonist is exactly what ASOIAF is about. No clear hero or villian.

True. From just reading the book, a storm of swords (actually, this is the first book I've ever read from the series but I watched the first and second season so now I'm picking up reading these bibles written by Martin), it feels like you just follow a character you like and you cheer them on.

Back