Hawkeye Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
. Mask is an easy fix using a hair dryer on 'warm' setting.. not hot.

Excuse my ignorance but exactly how did you go about fixing the mask?
Only complaint I have with mine. Long time listener will take my answer off the air.

Just heat up the 'wing' with a hair dryer on warm. Just push on the backside of it every few seconds until it starts to become flexible, back off the heat and move it forward into place. I usually use the cold setting on the dryer to cool it down while I hold it where I want it to stay.

Anyone have a hole on the base where his left leg sits on?

20130311_135000_zps12a80ac3.jpg

20130311_135012_zpsb3acdfe3.jpg

Nice mod Comp, though I think the mask was intentionally done the way we have received it as a design choice.

And Hawkeye does help to round out a nice classic Avengers display. I'm not a big enough fan of the team though to pick up more than what I have, possibly alongside an Ant-Man/Giant Man down the road. Really I just wanted the most important/iconic Marvel characters (Cap, Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, Spidey, Wolvie), and Hawkeye, who is just a personal favorite. But damn if I'm not also tempted by Classic Punisher, who has a design I've loved going back to the Grant/Zeck limited series.

There all the Marvel characters I really want Kara. Got 2 so far, the new Punisher PF is a must have for me though.

Nice mod Comp, though I think the mask was intentionally done the way we have received it as a design choice.

And Hawkeye does help to round out a nice classic Avengers display. I'm not a big enough fan of the team though to pick up more than what I have, possibly alongside an Ant-Man/Giant Man down the road. Really I just wanted the most important/iconic Marvel characters (Cap, Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, Spidey, Wolvie), and Hawkeye, who is just a personal favorite. But damn if I'm not also tempted by Classic Punisher, who has a design I've loved going back to the Grant/Zeck limited series.

There all the Marvel characters I really want Kara. Got 2 so far, the new Punisher PF is a must have for me though.

Same here, its all abt preference and for me i just want to capture the most iconic of the comic book Avengers (Captain, Thor, Hulk, Iron Man) so Hawkeye would probably complete that part of the Avengers for me. Not too bothered abt characters such Ms Marvel, Spiderwoman, Black Panther etc..

Thanks for the compliment, but I wouldn't call it a mod. I call it a fix

Thanks for the compliment, but I wouldn't call it a mod. I call it a fix, because now it looks exactly like what Sideshow sold us, as you can see in the SS pic next to mine.

Hawkeye.jpg

The bent masks are a factory flaw, and I think it might be happening in the packaging, as some are mild, and some are really bad, like this one:

SPsHawkeye.jpg

yikes, so many things to inspect with this one...

Thanks for the compliment, but I wouldn't call it a mod. I call it a fix, because now it looks exactly like what Sideshow sold us, as you can see in the SS pic next to mine.

Hawkeye.jpg

The bent masks are a factory flaw, and I think it might be happening in the packaging, as some are mild, and some are really bad, like this one:

SPsHawkeye.jpg

So I was mostly fine about this statue because I dig the sculpt, but I've been mulling over 2 things...

First is the minor paint slop on the left arm band and shoulder. I want better but don't think I'd get it. It's minor but annoying because I see it. I took pics with and without flash. Without flash it's not as annoying as it looks in real life, with flash makes it look more exaggerated, I'd say in actuality it looks somewhere in between the 2, probably closer to the pic without flash. I don't want to request and risk getting a worse figure though if they'd exchange it.

8553400756_aecd669443.jpg
8552297027_30af52fe33.jpg

Second is the base. I noticed a slight lean to the statue, and figure it was just the weight, but why would it designed to lean?

8553402070_74b271494a.jpg

I took a closer look at the base and see the cover on the bottom is awkward. It doesn't cover the entire base and leaves exposed edges.

8553401268_d9e9dfebd2.jpg
8553401714_57e88fdbf8.jpg
8552298077_fddbd181be.jpg

This is probably the bigger issue for me. When displayed it doesn't bother me, and the statue otherwise seems fine (aside from that minor paint slop. It's just weird.

Hawkeye.jpg

SPsHawkeye.jpg

I would just like to say that picture is mine, and no, I am not holding my finger against the wing. I am holding it at the neck. If I don't get a replacement from Sideshow, I'll be ticked.

@Peedi

That's still heads & shoulders above what I got from them.
The least you can do is let Sideshow know & they'll give you a small refund.

True. And that's why I didn't make an immediate contact to SS. I'm one of those people who thinks we should get what's advertised and shouldn't have to settle, but at the same time like I said before, the paint issue is just annoying in that specific area, it's not like a Rogue head/Psylocke legs/Spider-Woman job. And the base cover being off doesn't ruin the statue, it's just a weird thing. Nothing is actually broken. But I used the online contact page, I'll see what SS says about it.

I missed HE during preorder in the local stores. Someone offers me ex ver for usd600. Is it worthef that much for additional posters?

Hawkeye.jpg

SPsHawkeye.jpg
Ah, then yours must have been bent more than most. My point was that the wings weren't completely symmetrical in the promotional pics.

DgaNpMH.jpg

It bugged me a little since the first pics came up, though I chalk it up to an artistic decision. I did think about modding mine after seeing your mod, though I would actually make them both lay flatter as opposed to making them both flare out like Wolverine. To get more of this kind of look:

qqBymwF.jpg

Back