Having SECOND THOUGHTS on my ULTRON statue.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

St0rmShad0w0679

Freakzoid
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I received my Sideshow ULTRON on the Throne statue about a couple of days ago. I took the statue out of the box and I initially liked it. Believe it or not, I am now having second thoughts on the statue. Although the detail on the statue is great, I kinda don't like the fact Ultron isn't Metallic. Looking at the statue in person, it isn't Metallic like the one on the Sideshow gallery(Most likely Photoshopped). In person, the metal paint on Ultron seems to be a bit dull. I have posted a couple of pictures, Ultron statue and him sitting on top of my shelf with my other statues.

This would've been a great statue if Ultron was Metallic. I could return it but I am sure Sideshow will charge me a restocking fee. I am actually now leaning towards a badass Predator statue. I've always wanted me a Predator statue.

Anyone located in Los Angeles, California(Hollywood area) wanna buy this Ultron on the Throne statue from me? I hope I am NOT breaking any forum rules here. This statue is in MINT condition, I do have the box/styro, and even the shipping box with the Sideshow logo on it. I don't know about this statue anymore you guys...hmmm. Also, this is my VERY FIRST Sideshow Collectibles statue.

You posted about the damage on the base the other day right? Is crazy because in your pictures he even looks metallic...

Sorry about that, I honestly think its a great looking piece.

It might help to know I had a little bit of this myself. When I purchased my first sideshow piece. I got it loved it, then thought "was it really worth the money?". Now that its been a couple of weeks, I love it. It is so awesome to look at on the daily basis.

I always dust it, and just looking at the other statues on the forum gets me pumped up for what my collection might look like one day.

Send it back for a refund. You won't get what you paid for it if you sell it privately.

It's SS policy, why not use it?

Chris

Hi savageHULK,

Hope all is well my friend. Your right, it's crazy because I only received it only a couple of days ago, posted on this forum about the base section being defective, and now I am having second thoughts on it haha.

The throne part looks great. The throne section is detailed and the weathered out look gives the throne a badass look. But Ultron looks a bit dry to me my friend. I am typing this and staring at the statue but...I just don't know, something is a bit off. I saw the Bowen Designs Ultron statue and it looks more Metallic than the Sideshow one I currently have.

Hey savageHULK, by the way, here is the predator statue I am thinking of getting: https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=200248

Plenty of people are raving about this Predator statue and it even got a pretty good video review. The detail and everything about this statue is amazing people are saying. There is actually a store not too far from my place that is selling this same statue. This same store sells plenty of Sideshow and Hot Toys collectibles. SavageHULK I am assuming at this point, you're a big HULK fan. If so, GLADIATOR HULK is badass and you definitely got to order that. Here is a video from ALKUSYL who has the BEST BEST BEST HULK diorama: [ame]https://youtu.be/HsI_7lkih5M[/ame]
This Hulk vs. Wolverine Diorama is way better than the Hulk vs. Spiderman Diorama from Sideshow.

Back to my Ultron statue...yeah I prefer it to be Metallic. Ultron is Metallic in the comic series(Correct me if i'm wrong).

A lot of people go through the option of hiring a custom painter. Someone will paint it the way you like, and there seems to be a lot of professionals out there.

I looked up the bowen designs statue, it looks metallic, but I think the sideshow looks so much better with the throne and head in hand. Also just the overall look of his face and body look much better on the SSC version. So maybe you could find a local custom re-painter in your are that can give you a hand. A lot of people on the forum go this route.

If I may sirs, try looking up creations n' chrome. I saw many Sideshow pieces being chromed when I went there including the Silver surfer comiquette, and the Stealth Iron Man comiquette. Just trying to give you more options. :wink1:

Can you take apart the statue and send just the ultron?

Looked up a video of that chrome business, idk if it would do the shading of his armor and eyes/mouth justice.

Also ultron fans, is Age of Ultron Omnibus that releases this september a good place to learn about this guy?

And is the arc good. What other modern comics opwould I need to read to u dre stand the arc. Etc.

Back