Have they made any good Matrix action figures?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Batfreak

Super Freak
Reaction score
I love those movies, some of the best action films ever IMO, but I don't think they ever made any decent articulated action figures, only those Mcfarlane ones, and while those are gorgeus to look at, they are more or less glorified statues. have they ever made any posable decent collectibles or does HT ever plan on making these awesome characters?

We were getting this until it got **** canned, I assume by WB.

f979a26f7f5dcc5c7321c8ecbaef90fb.jpg

fa5d589cff1879f88c3cca6b722e8ab7.jpg

ed7de44a95bfd3a3d62c9724f6fd3aa6.jpg

91edee5d79f9227951a0adc7c51e4cce.jpg

I'd agree that is the nicest one I've seen... there is also the Iminime Neo, but I don't really care for the head sculpt on that one; and the price is pretty high.

I think there was an action figure company called N2 or something that made 6 inch figures years ago. I know I personally had Morpheus, Agent Smith, and Trinity. Have no idea where they are though. To my knowledge, Mcfarlane didn't do figures till Matrix Reloaded was about to come out.

It's definitely one of the properties I wish Hot toys would tackle. I really want a Reloaded Neo and a Smith and Morpheus from any of the films really.

Medicom issued some official figures back in the day.

I have this Neo. Sure the paint is really dated from todays standards, but still the best officially licensed Matrix 12" figure.

f61551d467cd19d6ff335857162bb488.jpg

I think there was an action figure company called N2 or something that made 6 inch figures years ago. I know I personally had Morpheus, Agent Smith, and Trinity. Have no idea where they are though. To my knowledge, Mcfarlane didn't do figures till Matrix Reloaded was about to come out.

It's definitely one of the properties I wish Hot toys would tackle. I really want a Reloaded Neo and a Smith and Morpheus from any of the films really.

those were not really 1:6 scale figures but 12" figure.
parts are hard to use for kitbash purposes, specially trinity.lolz
n2_trinity_neo_12.jpg

If these films came out just a few years later I bet we would have gotten some really great merch, but alas I don't think marketing was what it is today.

If these films came out just a few years later I bet we would have gotten some really great merch, but alas I don't think marketing was what it is today.

I think your right and what your saying is very true. Reloaded and Revolutions both came out in 2003 which unfortunately is another era in terms of how 1/6th scale figures were marketed and designed back then. I think hot toys was just getting started around that time and they definitely wouldn't have had the financial clout to be able to market officially licensed figures from the matrix. Even if they did market and release figures from the movie back in 2003 they would be horribly outdated by today's standards.

I saw on eBay Kumik is selling a "Neo" clothing set... cost is about $40 and covers the outfit needs pretty well. There are a number of good head sculpts out there, where you would run into trouble if finding a harness and sunglasses.

I would be tempted by that new one that may or may not come out. I have seen some nice kitbashed ones on youtube in peoples collections too. However it would be nice to just be able to slap some cash at a company for a fully realised version

Apparently Iconic Toys are still working on it as of last week. Am wondering if and when a preorder status will be confirmed.
322726214c7d9319934c950b0a21d9ce.jpg
17df06bfcf582df62002af6348a537b3.jpg

Well I hope that they are already producing the figures so once they actually put it up for sale, we get them in a short amount of time. If they have a long pre order window, they're likely to get busted by WB.

As noted in the other threads, the Matrix license doesn't include actors' likeness rights, which is why we've only gotten vehicles from the likes of Hot Toys and threezero (whose APU even had a generic-looking Mifune!)

threezero said they were pursuing likeness rights but I guess they've been unsuccessful thus far.

Hence there's a booming bootleg industry...

Back