Have Movie Audiences Always Been So Fickle?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw on the telly that Chris Hemsworth is in talks about a Lethal Weapon reboot. Presumably with him being the new Riggs.

Also not necessary IMO. The old ones still hold up, even with Gibson's mullet. It at least wasn't the worst kind of mullet.

Chris Hemsworth as Riggs.

Denzel Washington as Murtough.

Ten instances of impulsive, wild-eyed whackiness.

Five instances of "I'm too old for this s **t".

Numerous wisecrack buddy exchanges.

A Joe Pesci cameo.

Some over-the-top set-pieces.

End credits.

I can't see Denzel being in it. I have a feeling he's above reboots, doing someone else's character.

*and then someone reminds me of a reboot role he did which otherwise was escaping me at this time

Chris Hemsworth as Riggs.

Denzel Washington as Murtough.

Ten instances of impulsive, wild-eyed whackiness.

Five instances of "I'm too old for this s **t".

Numerous wisecrack buddy exchanges.

A Joe Pesci cameo.

Some over-the-top set-pieces.

End credits.

the movie will be PG 13 so he will say instead "im too old for this crap"

the movie will be PG 13 so he will say instead "im too old for this crap"

:lol

I remember when Australian free-to-air TV used to dub over 'f' words, irrespective of the timeslot. There were a lot of "Forget You!"s and "I don't give a fig"s.

I remember when Australian free-to-air TV used to dub over 'f' words, irrespective of the timeslot. There were a lot of "Forget You!"s and "I don't give a fig"s.

They did that in the States too.

Lethal Weapon: "I'm a real cop, that's a real badge, and this is a real firing gun!"

Die Hard 2: "Yippee Ki Yay Mr. Falcon."

One that I remember was a line in Robocop changed to ''you are gonna be one bad mother crusher!''

:lol no, please sir, don' crush my mutha!

They did that in the States too.

Lethal Weapon: "I'm a real cop, that's a real badge, and this is a real firing gun!"

Die Hard 2: "Yippee Ki Yay Mr. Falcon."

I remember the 'real firing gun' :lol

I can't wait until next week when the 1954 GOJIRA becomes a campy, dated piece of **** and the new GODZILLA is hailed as a bar-raising masterpiece.

I can't wait until next week when the 1954 GOJIRA becomes a campy, dated piece of **** and the new GODZILLA is hailed as a bar-raising masterpiece.

and what if it is? uh?

What if This Godzilla ends up being The Best Godzilla movie made so far? will you hate people for loving it? would you have a problem if people prefer this over the original?
not trying to argue or anything but it is a legit question, what if this ends up being so good it blows all the other movies out of the water?

Should people praise the original for being the first one? even though some of us never saw it when it came out and we have to nostalgia attached to it?

and what if it is? uh?

What if This Godzilla ends up being The Best Godzilla movie made so far? will you hate people for loving it? would you have a problem if people prefer this over the original?
Only if it's as poorly written and boring as TASM2 and MOS. Then I'll be completely baffled when it gets as much love as those two films on this board.

I dont understand why some people have to **** on other people's opinions. Cant we like the movies we want? Doesnt mean its a fact that its better. Just means someof us might like one more than the other.

exactly. and why can't others hate on the movies they hated? is this the positive opinions forum? I don't think so. I already said it but I will say it again.

The problem is taking other people's opinions personally, like a personal attack, like if I Was insulting someone you cared about. why does it matter if someone hates the movie you love? why does it hurt people so deeply?

I dont understand why some people have to **** on other people's opinions. Cant we like the movies we want? Doesnt mean its a fact that its better. Just means someof us might like one more than the other.

Yea well some people just like to argue and rain on parades for the hell of it. Some peoples delivery of their opinions aren't very good and they come off as tools.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

and some people are too sensitive and can't handle forums because their feelings get hurt when someone disagrees. so there you have it.....

Back