Have Movie Audiences Always Been So Fickle?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea man, check it out. People are still complaining about David Hayter being replaced, and some even tried to boycott Ground Zeroes. Funny thing, those members ended up buying the game and gave some of the craziest reasons. I try going White Knight in there sometimes so they don't push the optimistic people who actually want to discuss the games out of there. It's just a small group of radical fans who hate change, they basically gang up on you if you don't agree with them on everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I seriously think it has the potential to be the greatest game of all time. It’s funny, if I repeated that in the MGSV thread, an argument would certainly breakout. How sick is that?

These things are made to entertain us, I feel like people forget that sometimes. Why be a fan of something that consistently stresses you out?

Makes no sense to me. I guess its like Occulum said, some people are just upset in their “real” lives and vent on SSF.

I disagree the movie section is the worst you haven't been here long enough.

I disagree the movie section is the worst you haven't been here long enough.

That could be it, but so far everyone seems cool, and most people here don't seem to take things too personally.

Some members in there have tries to get me banned, calling me a troll because I'm actually excited for the game. Hell, one member tried going back to like page 300 to try and prove I'm not a fan of the series.

On here it's an argument and then everyone moves on, look at me and Niltusk, we argue like once a week, then that very same day we are back to speaking casually like nothing happened.

Last edited:
It was a lot worse when CP was around. I actually stopped coming here for a bit because of him.

Yea I didn't wanna name names but yea i agree it was awful back then.

after his exorcism was done the movie section never really had any big nasty arguments. it is weird how one member could create so much drama, no one else comes close now lol

It's apparently the in thing to whine daily about someone not liking a movie you like. Now it's got its own thread. :lol

they only whine because they don't understand why the people come back to complain day after day after day.
But I do understand a little. I don't really like McDonald's food. So I make sure to stop by my local McD's daily just to let them know I don't like their food.

This forum has taught me that everything that a huge amount of people loved and maybe saw more than once in the cinema is actually pretty crap.

after his exorcism was done the movie section never really had any big nasty arguments. it is weird how one member could create so much drama, no one else comes close now lol

Exactly always some nonsense going now glad it's done now.

Eh, CP never really bothered me. Even with the Walking Dead rants.

I think that older movies get praise because of nostalgia and because they did amazing stuff with what they had to work with. now with CGI anything is possible so there is no passion or hard work in bringing things to life.

Back then they really had to work on them, creating monsters, creatures, heroes, Now some guy in a laptop makes everything with all these programs and he never has to stand up from his chair.

But it makes me wonder if some of the classics we love would be well appreciated now as new movies. Is like when they asked teens to see HALLOWEEN and ask them what they think of the movie and most of them were laughing and saying how slow and boring it was. or they were texting on their phones

I know that is a horrible example but it makes me wonder if we were never shown old classics and they were just presented to us as new movies made today, would we still love them?

That could be it, but so far everyone seems cool, and most people here don't seem to take things too personally.

Some members in there have tries to get me banned, calling me a troll because I'm actually excited for the game. Hell, one member tried going back to like page 300 to try and prove I'm not a fan of the series.

On here it's an argument and then everyone moves on, look at me and Niltusk, we argue like once a week, then that very same day we are back to speaking casually like nothing happened.

It's one thing to get pissed in the heat of an argument, but it takes a little man to hold grudges about a disagreement over movies. :lol

I've only seen it happen a couple times in my years here, and luckily those type of people usually end up getting themselves removed. There's people here that I absolutely despise their taste in movies, but they're wonderful in every toy thread I've ever seen them in. Sometimes we need to remember that people are more than the sum of their movie tastes.

I think that older movies get praise because of nostalgia and because they did amazing stuff with what they had to work with. now with CGI anything is possible so there is no passion or hard work in bringing things to life.

Back then they really had to work on them, creating monsters, creatures, heroes, Now some guy in a laptop makes everything with all these programs and he never has to stand up from his chair.

But it makes me wonder if some of the classics we love would be well appreciated now as new movies. Is like when they asked teens to see HALLOWEEN and ask them what they think of the movie and most of them were laughing and saying how slow and boring it was. or they were texting on their phones

I know that is a horrible example but it makes me wonder if we were never shown old classics and they were just presented to us as new movies made today, would we still love them?

:goodpost:

I don't like how they use CGI even for the simplest of things.

:goodpost:

I don't like how they use CGI even for the simplest of things.

I think that's one of the things that makes Prometheus such a visual treat, they had to use a lot of practical effects to keep the budget down. Wish there was more of that.

People do the same about remakes. They ***** and complain and swear they'll never be as good as the originals. Lets just all watch the movies and have fun.

No passion or hard work? I can assure you CG artists work their arses off.

All the anti-CG sentiment that gets thrown around is usually in response to indulgent or inappropriate application of CG. Much of the time you'd be watching a CG effect and it'd be invisible, or not prominent. Think Gravity rather than Transformers, for example.

Back