Have CUSTOMS opened your packages?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thomasbierzynski0524

Super Freak
Reaction score
Customs sometimes open my Sideshow packages and damage the packagings.(Cutter marks, torn bags etc.) I tried to contact Sideshow and they told me to file complaints to customs.

What are your takes on customs? Have you had any bad experiences?

Yea I don't think Sideshow or any company can stop customs of another country from opening packages.

Australian customs randomly scans stuff, but they don't open anything. I've never had a package from SST or 1/6 figure/parts from HK opened before.

Australian customs open packages all the time. I've had numerous packages opened and customs just ruin the packaging. They don't even care how they repack the box. I've had statues broken and damaged due to customs.
Whenever I see a package with the customs tape on it, its usually bad news for the items inside.

They don't seem to bother with the EMS and FEDEX stuff. I guess it depends on what you're trying to import, though. They don't tend to bother with toys and statues from my experience.

Stuff from SS only comes by Fedex and they have been opened up the most. Packages have mostly been figures and statues. Guess I'm just unlucky. Lucky Sideshow has/had a great replacement program.

My packages are in and out of customs within minutes when i check the FEDEX tracking info. Things may stay in longer if the value is over 1k.

Stupid FedEx opened my 1:6 Vader figure package at their own customs office in Bucharest and damaged the figure. I had to ask for replacement from SS and destroy the damaged figure. The full story can be found on the SSC 1:6 Vader figure thread. I "love" FedEx...

Regular packages like USPS are opened locally in front of the customer. So in fact I open the package and the customs officer looks inside.

Never had a problem here with customs, goodluck trying to stop that, guaranteed you get onto customs about it and they'll open all your gear in the future

List of broken items due to customs:
Green Lantern PF
Hobgoblin Comiquette
M. Bison Statue
Orc Scout Statue

All broken items replaced by Sideshow luckily. So whenever I see a package inspected by customs I check that one right away.

Australian customs open packages all the time...
Whenever I see a package with the customs tape on it, its usually bad news for the items inside.

:lecture

They don't seem to bother with the EMS and FEDEX stuff. I guess it depends on what you're trying to import, though. They don't tend to bother with toys and statues from my experience.

They opened my Fedexed DX Bruce Lee. They were obviously trying to be careful, but still managed to tear the box.

Regular packages like USPS are opened locally in front of the customer. So in fact I open the package and the customs officer looks inside.

the same here in germany. normally i get a message from the customs office and then i have to open it personally there and the customs officer checks the content of the package.

:mad:....very annoying procedure, but you can be sure that no customs officer damages your statues.:)

the same here in germany. normally i get a message from the customs office and then i have to open it personally there and the customs officer checks the content of the package.

:mad:....very annoying procedure, but you can be sure that no customs officer damages your statues.:)

Exactly. Much better than not being opened in front of you like with FedEx and other couriers

First: excatly how can you tell that it was customs that broke the statue? It could have happened anywhere.

Second: my experience here in Denmark. When FedEx delivers something they handle all the importstuff and the box is never opened. Stuff handled by danish customs in always opened but only the outer box, I have never had a box opened all the way to the statue itself.

In India , its somwat funny, u declare full value and purchase insurance ,all high valued stuff will be opened by customs, boxes damaged, badly packed back, lucky if not damaged or something not missing, in addition to a26%-36% duty
now the funny thing if u declare something low even if the box is as big as a Hulk comiq,no checking , customs clearing is fast and no more tension or duty.
the more we pay the more trouble we go through or end up in , mad aint it?

I agree to what dino said. It's almost as if they operate by reverse pschology. Dimwitted twits!

I have to point out that my Predator LSB was checked with utmost care, or so I think. They'd just made a hole in the styrofoam to see what's inside instead of taking it apart. At first, I was relieved but then I was nervous if they'd actually damaged the bust while doing so. Luckily, it was intact but I've been wary of them since then.

Neo.

Back