Have collectors become too spoiled and critical?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Are Collector's these days too spoiled and over-critical?

• Total voters
I love the nitpickers. They draw my attention to all the faults I would otherwise have not been aware of or cared about.

And they also make me hate figures that I would have loved, if I had been oblivious to those faults :lol.

I picked No, but only because I couldn't pick in between. Look I'm not a nitpicker really, but if I am spending this much money on a collectible I guess its more of the quality control than anything. I don't know if you are including that in the nitpicking, but if so thats my biggest fault on these companies. Especially Enterbay. I would love to get some of their figures, but I just can't chance getting a ****ty figure not with the kind of money I would be spending.

At the prices the likes of hot toys are charging these days, people have the right to be picky.

I don't see it that way. The right is in not buying the figures. It is not in buying them and then telling the manufacturer how they should have made them.

How many nits could a nickpicker pick if a nitpicker's nits picked nitpicker nits?

I chose 'no' I hate the 'red pen' of perfectness, and the sub-microscopic super-imposed photo-shopped fixes.

There is no perfection if humans make something. Only the SAOTU creates perfection. And that is often with some inate flaws.

Pics please. Or else I won't believe you.

mods...if these aren't forum acceptable, please delete.

bouncing-boobs-gif-4.gif

putting_a_bounce_in_it_15.gif

turborotfl_com_cycki_celebrytek_026.gif

Brooklyn-Decker-Bouncing-Boobs-Bikini.gif

I have been collecting for years. My initial collection was a vast 1/12... Which then moved to 1/6... Each figure today cost a months car installment (good car mind you). I think if anything we are nitpicky but dont follow through. For instance... I feel, something like samurai predator...the alien color head was a huge mistake from sideshow, however they knew we will cry and cry but still buy a 400 $ figure only cause we are the way we are. There are many such examples. The companies still have the power. Hot toys still suck from time to time but still make $, enterbay CS sucks but they still make dollars, sideshow apart from some great statues still come out with very ordinary darth vaders and we still buy... , bottom line, we all talk a lot but still buy everything as is and the improvements in quality is not proportional to the price hikes. Eg... The robocops are now touching $400 ... So how high is high? and what level of perfection is good enough? ... The only option we got is being extra nitpicky so at least these companies will be on their toes. With half a a luxory car worth of figures, i have to cut corners buying an actual good car and i swear i will be as nitpicky as i can!!! :) ... Its not just about the figures, its about the sacrifices i have to make to get them... ;)

Last edited:
Back