Have Art Box but no Styrofoam

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kentox

Super Freak
Reaction score
Just wanting to get a overall view on packing statues if you don't have the original styrofoam and brown shipper.
Also want your thoughts if you were buying a statue and is not in it's original packaging how would you want it packed eg: bubble wrap the statue and put into a sturdy box with styro bubbles perhaps.

Would you even want the art box if there was no styrofoam? Think Bowen Hulks as the art box is huge compared to the size of statue plus the base which could be put into a smaller box and packed well saving on shipping costs as well.

Generally you would only buy if it has all of the original packaging but free you mind for a second and think about what you would expect when the statue arrives besides it not being broken of course.

I know in hindsight that it is stupid to throw away the packaging but I don't have the space to keep statues and boxes as my GF will kill me.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

Personally, I would never ship any statue without the original styrofoam.

:lecture

No foam, no ship, if you do...
Let the buyer know that you will have to do an insurance claim if it comes broke. Because it will, I would give it a 50/50 chance. Be prepared to get a paypal claim filed against you. It really isn't worth it, unless you stand to make some decent money on the item. IMO, if it is a few hundred bucks, best to keep it in your collection or sell to a friend or someone that can pick it up. I have seen some shippers with mad skills, but it is not worth the risk IMO.:dunno

Once you ship this out and it arrives to the buyer broken and they ask for their money back....you then have to deal with the shipping company who will try their hardest to find a reason not to give you your insurance claim payment.... then you will learn the importance of keeping original packaging. :)

But wouldn't someone who perhaps being a bit shady would claim that it was broken regardless if it was in styrofoam or not?

Personally, I would never ship any statue without the original styrofoam.

yup,l wouldnt even buy the statue from you if you didnt have the foam.me l always keep everything,the the art box,foam, foam sheets and brown shipping box.and packing peanuts and bubble wrap will not save a statue on shipping in my opinion.

why do people throw away the packaging :dunno

Space problems...

then why buy it? :huh
I think Shropt is referring to is the amount of room the packaging, Shipper, full coloured box and the Styro take up.
It's one thing to have a place to display your collectable, but when said collectable is something like a 1:1 Bust or a Thing PF and 2 empty boxes (empty as the item is on display) can fill 1 wardrobe it becomes a little mad.

I live in a 1 bed flat and have thrown a few boxes out cos of it as my space is limited, but only things that I know I will NEVER sell and are not incredibly valuable anyway.
x :peace

I think Shropt is referring to is the amount of room the packaging, Shipper, full coloured box and the Styro take up.
It's one thing to have a place to display your collectable, but when said collectable is something like a 1:1 Bust or a Thing PF and 2 empty boxes (empty as the item is on display) can fill 1 wardrobe it becomes a little mad.

I live in a 1 bed flat and have thrown a few boxes out cos of it as my space is limited, but only things that I know I will NEVER sell and are not incredibly valuable anyway.
x :peace

I once had to throw Shell out because I got another HULK PF and one of the two had to go... I just never had enough space for Shell and HULK in the same room. She was always hogging the TV and wanting to watch LOTR crap and we all know that MARVEL >>> than anything on this planet.... so....... I had to make decisions and it was tough but HULK stands there and watches anything I watch and he was .5 inches smaller so it's all good mate.

The end.

Hey, when your girl and I left you we took the TV :nana:

LOTR rules all, especially when this LOTR collector has one of these:

000_0005_00.jpg

....and SkiSpam the so-called Marvel Collector doesn't.

...weak sauce...

WRITE THAT DOWN!!!!

The end.
x :monkey3 :lol

Hey, when your girl and I left you we took the TV :nana:

LOTR rules all, especially when this LOTR collector has one of these:

....and SkiSpam the so-called Marvel Collector doesn't.

...weak sauce...

WRITE THAT DOWN!!!!

The end.

x :monkey3 :lol

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl awesome, I've been PWNED, there are only a few that possess this power...

Unless I'm getting the piece for free and the guy lives next door, I strongly doubt I'd ever buy anything that didn't come with the original box. It would have to be a very special circumstance and the price would have to be amazing.

If the seller is enough of a momo to throw out all of the packing materials, I'd be concerned about the sellers' collector sensibilities, if he even has any. I'd wonder if the piece was at all well maintained. I'd also wonder if I can trust the seller with having the slightest inkling as to how to package the item.

Other than that, I'm sure he's a really nice guy.

:D

Last edited:
Well when I first started collecting I kept all of the boxes etc but SS PF boxes are not 1/6 size at all so if you have 4-5 PF plus boxes it starts adding up.

I didn't have a place to put them in a 1br apartment at the time so I figured I was never going to part with them in any case and that is true in terms of PF's.

Have now found a place to keep the boxes out of the apartment so that is a relief. As for care of my collectibles they get dusted once a week and the only breakages that might occur come from me either moving them while dusting.

As for packaging a product to be shipped I do that at work all day and have never had a problem with people returning items due to damage.

Back