Hasbro SW30 basic figures...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jedibear said:
There are only these "official" announcements thus far as to what's coming in this series...

• Stormtrooper (out now...wave 1)
  • Boba Fett (wave 2)
  • Chewbacca (wave 3)
  • Darth Vader (TBA)
  • Luke Skywalker (TBA)
  • Threepio (rumored)

Han, Snowtrooper and Rebel solider Mcquarries are also coming. Threepio and Artoo are coming in a 2 pack together. A European dealer has them listed.

I have been collecting the Hasbro 3 3/4" line since 1995 as well, though I stopped being a completist a long time ago. I collect mostly the Original Trilogy stuff, with some of the new Trilogy - mostly the clones.

I still consider the Hasbro stuff to be the 'center' of my Star Wars collection, though the Sideshow stuff has taken a more important role. Until they start making main (non human) characters, the Hasbro stuff still gets me pumped - I guess its a childhood thing. I loved the 3 3/4 line!

I think that Hasbro has done some very good figs for the year, the standouts being the Mcquarrie line and the 'Vintage' line - the new Bossk, IG-88 and Snowtrooper look awesome and we are getting Academy Biggs, which is a fig I assumed we would never get - so there is some real good stuff.

I go through my collection every Christmas and pull out pieces I no longer want or care for - I donate them to the kiddie drives, which is a win/win. Nice way to cut down on collection space while helping out.

Booyah! said:
For the most part, Im pretty done with these. I do want that coin album for the sweet mural on the back, though.

It's starting to hit Target. #087-06-0886
I saw that Tigersith had found them, was it S Blvd Rea Rd or where.

jedibear said:
  • Stormtrooper (out now...wave 1)
  • Boba Fett (wave 2)
  • Chewbacca (wave 3)
  • Darth Vader (TBA)
  • Luke Skywalker (TBA)
  • Threepio (rumored)

Now here's the bad part...each of these will be ONE per CASE. Here we go again....Hasbro comes up with a great idea that appeals to collectors and bam! They make it next to impossible to get. I think this line will become the "sleeper" hit of this 30AN collection...it's fresh, interesting, not a rehash and has great sentimental value for older collectors who have always admired McQuarrie's work (and it's long overdue in my book)...
Not true. Only the stormtrooper was one per case. Boba Fett wave 2 will be 2 per case, wave 3 and 4 are unknown, wave 6 is a small wave so will be 2 per case. Besides there are revision boxes being released with and the Stormtrooper is featured in most of them so far.

jedibear said:
well, that would be good news...

where are you stopping this info by chance?
Trade lists. Although very early and obviosuly subject to change, wave 6&7 will have just 5 figures and wave 8 will have 6 figures. Wave 5 looks like having 11 figures. Now these will probably change, but anywhere where there is different 6 figures or less in a case, the case breakdown will be 2 pieces each.

There is a new wave 1/2 assortment which includes both McQuarrie figures, so they shouldn't be to hard to find.

Here's the lowdown on what's in store for basic figures so far this year...
List compiled by the folks at Rebelscum...sources unknown:

red = McQuarrie figures orange = new figures/NOT kitbash-repaints

Also: the "Force Unleashed" assortment may be delayed...the video game it's based on has been until 2008, so that assortment may be skipped to next year to closer coincide with the game's release....

Wave 1: REVENGE OF THE SITH
30-01: Darth Vader
30-02: Galactic Marine
30-03: Mustafar Lava Miner
30-04: R2-D2
30-05: Obi-Wan Kenobi
30-06: Mace Windu
30-07: Airborne Trooper
30-08: Super Battle Droid
30-09: McQuarrie Signature Series: Concept Stormtrooper
Wave 2: BATTLE OF YAVIN (Delayed from 2006)
30-10: Rebel Sentry Honor Guard
30-11: Han Solo (Millennium Falcon Gunner)
30-12: Luke Skywalker (Ceremony)
30-13: Biggs Darklighter (X-Wing Pilot)
30-14: Death Star Trooper
30-15: McQuarrie Concept Boba Fett
Wave 3: A NEW HOPE
30-16: Darth Vader
30-17: Biggs Darklighter (Academy Outfit)
30-18: Luke Skywalker
30-19: Jawa & LIN Droid
30-20: Stormtrooper (with Removable Helmet)
30-21: McQuarrie Concept Chewbacca
30-22: M'iiyoom Onith (Cantina Alien)
30-23: Elis Helrot (Cantina Alien)

Wave 4: RETURN OF THE JEDI
30-24: Boba Fett (Animated Debut)
30-25: Luke Skywalker (Jedi Knight)
30-26: CZ-3
30-27: Umpass-Stay

30-28: McQuarrie Concept Darth Vader
30-29: Hermi Odle
30-30: C-3PO
Wave 5: EXPANDED UNIVERSE
###: Anakin Skywalker with tattoos (Clone Wars)
###: Darth Malak (KOTOR)
###: Darth Revan - Fan's Choice Poll Winner (KOTOR)
###: Roron Corobb ("Momaw Nadon Jedi")
###: Qymaen jai Sheelal (pre-cyborg General Grievous)
###: Yoda & Kybuck (Clone Wars)

###: McQuarrie Concept Luke Skywalker
Wave 6: THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK
###: 4-LOM
###: Han Solo (Bespin Torture?)
###: Lando Calrissian (Smuggler?)
###: Rebel Trooper (?)
###: McQuarrie Concept Snowtrooper
Wave 7: RETURN OF THE JEDI
###: A-Wing Pilot (Tycho Celchu?)
###: Ewoks 2-pack
###: Spirit of Anakin Skywalker
###: R2-D2 (w/ Cargo net?)
###: McQuarrie Concept Han Solo
Wave 8: ATTACK OF THE CLONES
###: Clone Trooper
###: Destroyer Droid (w/ Shield?)
###: Padmé Amidala (Fireside Gown?)
###: Jango Fett (Poncho?)
###: Voolvif Monn (Wolfman Jedi)
Wave 9: FORCE UNLEASHED
###: Darth Vader
###: Maris Brood
RUMOR: Juno Eclipse
###: Samurai Brood
###: Shadow Guard
###: Stormtrooper #1
###: Stormtrooper #2
###: Heavy Stormtrooper

Confirmed/Rumored List
###: Bothan Spy
###: Qui-Gon Jinn
RUMOR: Tonnika Sister
RUMOR: Oola

The ones I'm personally looking forward to the most (aside from the McQuarrie line) are Herme Odle, M'iiyoom Onith , Elis Helrot, Jawa & LIN Droid (new sculpt-the "lead" jawa with the bandoliers & orange vest & cool dome-droid), Qymaen jai Sheelal (pre-cyborg General Grievous) and Padme' Amidala (if it is the rumored fireside outfit). Some of the re-hashs contains some cool accessories...Luke comes with a Vaporator (!), the two cantina aliens come with the rounded ends of the bar, Vader comes with stand styled after the crumpled robes of Obi-Wan post duel. And Fett fans...prepare for an ultimate high (the McQuarrie figure...two helmets, unique sculpt) and an ultimate low (the "animated debut" is a garish candy-colored repaint of an existing Fett, NOT an animated-style sculpt-based on what was shown at ToyFair)

Not a bad way to bid adieu to this collection....

jason2885 said:
I saw that Tigersith had found them, was it S Blvd Rea Rd or where.

Yeah, he grabbed them from his Target in Rock Hill. They're not due on shelves until the reset on the 25th, so you have to use the dcpi# and convince someone to grab you one from the back. Im on my way down there in a few minutes to get one he snagged for me. What a great friend he is!! Woooooooooohooooooooooo!!!!!

jedibear said:
Here's the lowdown on what's in store for basic figures so far this year...
List compiled by the folks at Rebelscum...sources unknown:

red = McQuarrie figures orange = new figures/NOT kitbash-repaints

Also: the "Force Unleashed" assortment may be delayed...the video game it's based on has been until 2008, so that assortment may be skipped to next year to closer coincide with the game's release....

Wave 1: REVENGE OF THE SITH
30-01: Darth Vader
30-02: Galactic Marine
30-03: Mustafar Lava Miner
30-04: R2-D2
30-05: Obi-Wan Kenobi
30-06: Mace Windu
30-07: Airborne Trooper
30-08: Super Battle Droid
30-09: McQuarrie Signature Series: Concept Stormtrooper
Wave 2: BATTLE OF YAVIN (Delayed from 2006)
30-10: Rebel Sentry Honor Guard
30-11: Han Solo (Millennium Falcon Gunner)
30-12: Luke Skywalker (Ceremony)
30-13: Biggs Darklighter (X-Wing Pilot)
30-14: Death Star Trooper
30-15: McQuarrie Concept Boba Fett
Wave 3: A NEW HOPE
30-16: Darth Vader
30-17: Biggs Darklighter (Academy Outfit)
30-18: Luke Skywalker
30-19: Jawa & LIN Droid
30-20: Stormtrooper (with Removable Helmet)
30-21: McQuarrie Concept Chewbacca
30-22: M'iiyoom Onith (Cantina Alien)
30-23: Elis Helrot (Cantina Alien)

Wave 4: RETURN OF THE JEDI
30-24: Boba Fett (Animated Debut)
30-25: Luke Skywalker (Jedi Knight)
30-26: CZ-3
30-27: Umpass-Stay

30-28: McQuarrie Concept Darth Vader
30-29: Hermi Odle
30-30: C-3PO
Wave 5: EXPANDED UNIVERSE
###: Anakin Skywalker with tattoos (Clone Wars)
###: Darth Malak (KOTOR)
###: Darth Revan - Fan's Choice Poll Winner (KOTOR)
###: Roron Corobb ("Momaw Nadon Jedi")
###: Qymaen jai Sheelal (pre-cyborg General Grievous)
###: Yoda & Kybuck (Clone Wars)

###: McQuarrie Concept Luke Skywalker
Wave 6: THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK
###: 4-LOM
###: Han Solo (Bespin Torture?)
###: Lando Calrissian (Smuggler?)
###: Rebel Trooper (?)
###: McQuarrie Concept Snowtrooper
Wave 7: RETURN OF THE JEDI
###: A-Wing Pilot (Tycho Celchu?)
###: Ewoks 2-pack
###: Spirit of Anakin Skywalker
###: R2-D2 (w/ Cargo net?)
###: McQuarrie Concept Han Solo
Wave 8: ATTACK OF THE CLONES
###: Clone Trooper
###: Destroyer Droid (w/ Shield?)
###: Padmé Amidala (Fireside Gown?)
###: Jango Fett (Poncho?)
###: Voolvif Monn (Wolfman Jedi)
Wave 9: FORCE UNLEASHED
###: Darth Vader
###: Maris Brood
RUMOR: Juno Eclipse
###: Samurai Brood
###: Shadow Guard
###: Stormtrooper #1
###: Stormtrooper #2
###: Heavy Stormtrooper

Confirmed/Rumored List
###: Bothan Spy
###: Qui-Gon Jinn
RUMOR: Tonnika Sister
RUMOR: Oola

The ones I'm personally looking forward to the most (aside from the McQuarrie line) are Herme Odle, M'iiyoom Onith , Elis Helrot, Jawa & LIN Droid (new sculpt-the "lead" jawa with the bandoliers & orange vest & cool dome-droid), Qymaen jai Sheelal (pre-cyborg General Grievous) and Padme' Amidala (if it is the rumored fireside outfit). Some of the re-hashs contains some cool accessories...Luke comes with a Vaporator (!), the two cantina aliens come with the rounded ends of the bar, Vader comes with stand styled after the crumpled robes of Obi-Wan post duel. And Fett fans...prepare for an ultimate high (the McQuarrie figure...two helmets, unique sculpt) and an ultimate low (the "animated debut" is a garish candy-colored repaint of an existing Fett, NOT an animated-style sculpt-based on what was shown at ToyFair)

Not a bad way to bid adieu to this collection....

sounds good from where I'm standing. :D

Why do some of the Stormtroopers on ebay have Vader and a red stripe and some have the Stormtrooper drawing and a blue stripe like Jeibear showed?

madden821 said:
Why do some of the Stormtroopers on ebay have Vader and a red stripe and some have the Stormtrooper drawing and a blue stripe like Jeibear showed?

The Vader ones are foreign release. The one Jedibear has, as well as myself from pure lack of willpower, is the domestic release.

Booyah! said:
The Vader ones are foreign release. The one Jedibear has, as well as myself from pure lack of willpower, is the domestic release.

Ok, thank you. I havn't collected the 3 3/4 line for a long time but I think I may loose my battle of wills with these McQuarrie ones as well. The domestic ones look much better.

Booyah! said:
Yeah, he grabbed them from his Target in Rock Hill. They're not due on shelves until the reset on the 25th, so you have to use the dcpi# and convince someone to grab you one from the back. Im on my way down there in a few minutes to get one he snagged for me. What a great friend he is!! Woooooooooohooooooooooo!!!!!
Ahh I see, I have tried to stop buying them but I just cant help myself. I will start looking for them in the next few weeks. I just dont have the time right now with school to go running around trying to find them.

I quit on the Hasbro line around the time of Ep 2. I still buy a few figures that catch my fancy, but that's it.

In the past few years I have purchased: General Rieekan, Tarkin (Ep 3), Dooku (Ep 2), and the Corellian Pilot from the Cantina scene (can't remember his name).

All I'll be getting this year are the two versions of Biggs. He's my favorite character. I'm most excited to get the Academy Outfit. I may pick up a couple of the McQuarrie figures too. I doubt I'll ever see 'em at retail, though, so I guess not. I refuse to pay over retail for any Hasblow figure.

Well, other than Biggs, if I must.

JediBear -

you missed some all new figures based on your orange color scheme:

Galactic Marine
Ceremony Luke appears all new
Death Star Trooper is all new

***I wish they gave Xwing Biggs a new right arm - its a great reuse except the arm, since it desgined to look good only holding the helmet!

Cannot believe we get two Biggs this year!

Can someone give me a heads up when the Vinatge ones come out.

Thanks

Sure can do but you know you get stuff like 2 weeks before any east coaster. My Walmart still has 20 pegs of last years vintage figures at 9.96

Back