Hasbro is doing their best to kill the G.I. JOE brand

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All this talk has inspired me to throw on the real G.I.Joe movie! I remember watching that as a kid and being mesmerized!! Still love it to this day. All I wanna know is why ruin G.I.Joe? Whatever happened to "If it aint broke, don't try and fix it." Shame that some kids will grow up thinking that that garbage is G.I.Joe.

The animated G.I. JOE movie is okay, except for Cobra-La and whoever that annoying new basketball player Joe is. Pure crap.

All this talk has inspired me to throw on the real G.I.Joe movie! I remember watching that as a kid and being mesmerized!! Still love it to this day. All I wanna know is why ruin G.I.Joe? Whatever happened to "If it aint broke, don't try and fix it." Shame that some kids will grow up thinking that that garbage is G.I.Joe.
same dopes decided to KILL all of the original transformers in the first 5 min so they could sell toys of the new characters...gosh i hope that dope got fired...

The animated G.I. JOE movie is okay, except for Cobra-La and whoever that annoying new basketball player Joe is. Pure crap.
that cobra lalalalalalala stuff with the genetic freaks was unwatchable, the day joe died for me...

I'm not in the Joe section, I'm in the new posts list. As for why I came in this thread specifically I was curious what Hasbro was doing to GI Joe. Like I said, I've never had an interest in it, but GI Joe has a great history as a toy and I'd hate for it to disappear. Didn't know you had to be a fan to visit the thread, I get the feeling I narrowly missed being stoned. :lol

748angrysmileyshooting.gif

736shootingrampage.gif

730machinegunshootingsm.gif

780machinegunshooting.gif

Yeah, I've heard that before and it actually makes a lot of sense. I'm shocked that no one at Hasbro/Paramount thought to do that.

Then again, we know now that their JOEs aren't exactly badass mililtary.

They actually did and it was even in the scripts for quite some time, I think. But then they figured that it would be a better idea (and give less of a headache) by just giving them their own movie.

Back