Hasbro is doing their best to kill the G.I. JOE brand

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And, look, I'm not bashing TRANSFORMERS. It's fun (if dumb) and I actually like it for the most part. But it's apparently been elevated to some kind of mythic masterpiece status by some people. I don't get it. There is a lot that is not great about it.

I actually agree a great deal here. While it's a fun movie, it's a popcorn movie. There's no depth, and when it REALLY comes down to it, it's about the humans moreso than the robots. Still, I'll probably take my Dad to ROTF as he really liked the first one.

Joe should've been a very charcter driven movie, instead it's just a giant commercial for Hasbro's movie crap, and not a good one. It'll suck, people won't even recognize the characters outside of Snake Eyes. No one I've spoken to is like "Oh ^^^^ yeah! GI Joe!" It's more "WTF was that?".

Transformers is at least on par with Return of the Jedi.

Both from beloved franchises but if you remove one very important voice from each film (Peter Cullen/James Earl Jones), some eye candy (Slave Leia/Megan Fox) and all of ILM's work then both movies kind of suck. :D

All that said... ROTJ's script, for all its faults, is nowhere near as dumb.

The biggest problem with Jedi is, like any other trilogy ending, it's a lot of loose ends being tied up. Also I think had the original Wookie ending prevailed it would've been more interesting at least. My 2 pennies.

Oh, certainly. Wookiees instead of Ewoks would have made a world of difference. You then replace 3P0 with Chewie as the one who gets the tribe to help the heroes. Also, Lando and the Falcon should have been martyred as originally planned.

Yeah, everyone landing on their feet was a bit over the top. Even with the original you're left with a ho-hum because Ben dies.

Transformers is at least on par with Return of the Jedi.
Not trying to fight but this statement is ridiculous(jedi is timeless, if slightly kid geared)...TF was ok but r u serious?
Actually , i thought most people didnt like TF...

I still think the Transformers movie would have been better had the military in the film been a GI Joe squad. I'm not saying to change the film, just have the military with Joe insignias and towards the end reveal them as a squad of Joes.

I still think the Transformers movie would have been better had the military in the film been a GI Joe squad. I'm not saying to change the film, just have the military with Joe insignias and towards the end reveal them as a squad of Joes.

Yeah, I've heard that before and it actually makes a lot of sense. I'm shocked that no one at Hasbro/Paramount thought to do that.

Then again, we know now that their JOEs aren't exactly badass mililtary.

Transformers isn't the best film ever but its not the worst either. I enjoy watching it on BR or on Satellite. It makes for a decent escape and is pretty much what I expected of a film about robots that transform.

Transformers isn't the best film ever but its not the worst either. I enjoy watching it on BR or on Satellite. It makes for a decent escape and is pretty much what I expected of a film about robots that transform.

Oh, trust me... I think TRANSFORMERS is a fun movie and could have been much, much worse. I don't hate it at all and enjoy watching it. But it is immensely flawed and it's just funny to see it elevated by some of the same people who think movies like KOTCS and others are the worst offenses to mankind. :lol

I understand. Its not an oscar worthy movie thats for sure. Its fun to watch and that for me makes it good enough. I guess I'm just simple that way. :lol

I enjoy the Transformers movie. I'm not as versed in TF as I am in GIJoe so that may be why. It had fantastic fx and a great score. Oh and a new Camaro (well movie version was a reskinned GTO).

I've never been a fan of GI Joe or Transformers. However when I saw the trailer for Transformers I thought it looked like a fun way to waste a couple hours so I went to see it when I was bored. GI Joe did nothing for me. No interest whatsoever in seeing it.

Back