Hasbro appreciation thread.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the checks cashed for my rocket firing fetts. hopefully will have them in hand soon. can't wait! now to find that new sidious...

Heads up to anyone who might want them, I was at my local Costco today and looked down the toy aisle. I saw clone wars ships and went to pick one up only to find out it was taped to another. The set were priced at $24.99(which I think is just one at most stores). I almost got the duel set of the Republic Fighter Tank and Torrent fighter, but held off do to a Con I might be going to this weekend. From what I remember seeing they had the Republic Fighter Tank, Torrent, Anakin and Obi Wan's Jedi Starfighter, AAT and the MagnaGuard fighters, there might be have been something else in there. And they were really random in the assortment, like I think there a set with a Torrent and AAT, or a Jedi fighter with the MagnaGuard fighter.

Last edited:
got my RF Fett last week....

currently in OZ-at tru,you can pay buy SW stuff to the value of $75 and get a free fett,or pay $17.99 for one.I was lucky and got him as a trade with a buddy.

The Jabba set is awesome! I love it. My only complaint is Oola - great figure, but her softgoods are terrible.

I started repainting Jabba last night. I'm gonna do some mods to his insides, so that I can make his tail bend more in line with how it looked in the film. Someone suggested sticking a coat wire in the tail, so that will be my next step.

The Jabba set is awesome! I love it. My only complaint is Oola - great figure, but her softgoods are terrible.

I started repainting Jabba last night. I'm gonna do some mods to his insides, so that I can make his tail bend more in line with how it looked in the film. Someone suggested sticking a coat wire in the tail, so that will be my next step.

You should take some step by step pictures of what you are doing, I know some of the people on Rebelscum have asked what to do.

An odd thing happened to me at Wal-Mart this morning.

Now, I like the Prequel Trilogy AND the Original Trilogy. But quite Honestly, I have always segregated the two.

This morning...I was in Wal-Mart and saw the PT figures on the retro-style cards...

And it actually deepened the connection between the two trilogies for me...just a little...but noticeably.

It is almost as if there was some Star Wars stamp of approval given to the PT by putting nthem on the retro cards.

And they look sweet on those cards.

Glad I ordered last night, feels good to have one secured. I don't care if this Oola is crappy, I have the mail away one plus the sitting Slave Leia, I just want the big guy. I'm a bit tempted to get 2 and take a stab at painting one and use the throne for ultra Jabba, even though it's a subpar figure, every ROTJ Jabba should have a throne.

Oola is far from crappy.

Attachments

• manta.jpg
    manta.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 3
Oola is far from crappy.

Oola's not crappy, to be sure. Her sculpt is great, but the softgoods just don't do it for me. Had Hasbro utilized the original fabric used for her leggings in the POTF2 version, I think she would've turned out better, although I'm not a fan of softgoods as it is. Also, her eyes are a bit wonky and her eyebrows are too thick. I've seen a lot of photos online, some figures have good eyes and some don't, but all of them have thick eyebrows. I'm not comfortable enough painting such small details, though, so I doubt I'll ever fix them.

I went looking for Jabba this morning. No luck. :(

I saw the ROTS vintage wave. They look pretty good. I still haven't bought the first eleven figures though.

I don't get why the vintage figures are $1 more than the Clone Wars or Saga Legends figures though. :dunno

Are they priced like that at Target too?

I went looking for Jabba this morning. No luck. :(

I saw the ROTS vintage wave. They look pretty good. I still haven't bought the first eleven figures though.

I don't get why the vintage figures are $1 more than the Clone Wars or Saga Legends figures though. :dunno

Are they priced like that at Target too?

At Wal-Mart and Target, the vintage figures should be the same price as the Clone Wars and Saga Legends figures (usually about $7.96), while the only place I know of price gouging for them is TRU...

Did they change Anakin's name to Darth Vader on the ROTS card like they said they would?

NO. The ROTS "vintage" release says Anakin Skywalker.

I was taking some pics of my new SSC Emperor Exc. on his throne and I thought I'd snap a few of the newest Hasbro additions... Some great releases recently...

The CW newest releases have been great capturing the look of the show and phenomenal articulation (compared to the earlier releases)...

And I love the PT characters on the vintage looking cards. So far I've only grabbed three of them (Anakin, Grievous, and Cody) but I'm definitely going to grab a few more before they go.

Back