Hasbro appreciation thread.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the Evo Boba Fett (the one that does have the correct insignias on the chest plate) and I've been wondering if TVC version is any different or worth the upgrade?

This one is the same as the EVO just a better/more accurate paint application though, the next foil Boba on vintage card has even better paint apps. I actually cut the face off the headsculpt of my Boba figure and turned the head sideways and put the helmet back on, it makes the helmet look a bit wider and better.

Helmet on the foil version has no black over the arrow indentations on the center of the helmet, different paint application to the boots,tip of the blaster barrel is no longer silver.
DSCF2691.jpg

I noticed in the pics i posted of TVC Vader, his helmet is twisted a bit..it actually fits straight just i must of banged it while posing.

Best Fett figure would be if they took that body and used the head from the 300th figure Fett, that helmet looks perfect for Hasbro, all the ones since have been a bit less wide looking than they should be. The articulation rocks on the new ones, but in terms of depicting Fett, I still feel like the overall look of the 300th was Hasbro's best work. I also feel like the Sneak Preview Jango was their most accurrate depiction of him, again, future figures having issues with the helm shape.

I agree, the 300th Fett helmet is nice though i kind of like the paint job a little more on TVC version.

Here is a couple ROTJ Fetts i have with Dengar. I have a full carded set of all the VOTC figures and Saga vintage collection ones as well.

2442nls.jpg

About a week/two weeks ago I went to my local Wal-Mart and Target for other things, but ran past the toys to see the new figures. All I can say is wow, how I wish I had some of these as a kid. I was really tempted by Dak or the Snowtrooper, but I passed on both due to funds at the time. Though both stores had the Vintage line for $7.99 each, Wal-Mart wanted the same for the other line. However, Target only wanted $6.99 and had a random ROTS figure on the peg that I had to laugh at. How old is that line now? 5 years almost, must have been something that was found in the WAY back of the stock room.

The oddest thing was the fact neither store had the one item I was looking forward to the most, the snowspeeder. Are these things short packed or something? Also saw no Jabba sets nor the tag on the shelf for it. I'm sure the closer we get to Christmas the more items like that set they will get in, just hoping they might have a few after on clearence.

I agree, the 300th Fett helmet is nice though i kind of like the paint job a little more on TVC version.

Paint jobs have been nice since the 300th, but the shape's been off since, and to me that's a key thing with Fett and so many products don't get it right, Hasbro, Sideshow, GG, Medicom's Fett helmet is one of the best depictions of it I've ever seen and Hasbro's 300th figure was just as good for a 4" toy.

Like I said before, the Bespin Luke is one of the best Hasbro releases...

Here are some quick pics.

If you're not going to buy too many of these, and like me ESB is your favourite (as well as this being your favourite version of Luke), I highly recommend that you pick this one up.

It does look great, but personally, my favorite version of Luke is from Jedi, so this is the one I am most excited for...

luke_card.jpg

I am excited for the ROTJ wave with Jedi Luke but, you look at this new ESB Luke and then look at your old Saga Vintage carded version and cringe. I think this new ESB Luke borrows the face sculpt from Hoth Luke(which i need to find still),best Hamill sculpt yet from Hasbro.

Last edited:
This one is the same as the EVO just a better/more accurate paint application though, the next foil Boba on vintage card has even better paint apps. I actually cut the face off the headsculpt of my Boba figure and turned the head sideways and put the helmet back on, it makes the helmet look a bit wider and better.

Helmet on the foil version has no black over the arrow indentations on the center of the helmet, different paint application to the boots,tip of the blaster barrel is no longer silver.
DSCF2691.jpg

Thanks, Val - but which of the TVC figures are accurate? The regular cardback or foil?

This latest wave really made me start getting a few! I saw them at Target last weekend and I pointed out the 2 new Hans to my wife in case she wanted to do some early stocking stuffer shopping!

You guys are right, that Luke is the best 3.75" version yet. And the Boba is great too.

Really tempting!

I agree, that is easily the best Luke figure we have had yet. The likeness and articulation are amazing. I just wish the hips weren't so wide.

Could not agree more.. the Bespin Luke is awesome looking, great articulation, nice sculpture and accessories. Im also looking forward to the ROTJ wave.. check out this pic of Jedi Luke..

They had several figures of this line at the local Toys R Us. They were in a basket infront of the isle on the floor, all the cards were bending and warping. I felt like attempting to put these on the rack myself, I felt it was such an injustice to my memories lol.

I noticed one flaw with the VC cards, in order to get a figure from the back of a rack, you have to take all the ones in front of it off first. I was just a little kid back when the original line was fading out so I never really dealt with it back then, but what a pain :lol

Back