Hasbro appreciation thread.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MY point exactly!! If you don't have the build for it, don't wear the costume! I can't stand Fat Boba fetts or Fat slave leias. I am overweight and would LOVE to wear Boba but it just ain't happening.

How about Boba Chicken?

bobachicken.jpg

so you're saying they got the rights for the ice cream maker's face to make him? Sounds good, but I've never heard the story about the rights before. The last update I heard on them was last years' forcecast where the guy from Hasbro basically said it was just NO no explanation why. I find it hard to beleive that an Extra has the right to hold out for more money. Yeah it's their likeness and all, but just use a different face or photoshop one over the picture on the package.

The issue was more that when Lucas did Star Wars, he had no idea about merchandising rights and likeness rights. It was only afterward, when making ESB and seeing how much he could rake in on licensed goods, did he add in to every contract a bit about owning the likeness of the character someone portrayed on film. So essentially, characters from Star Wars that are "human" are a pain to do while any one else from the other 5 movies is completely fine as Lucas owns those lock, stock and barrel.

1st score on the new vintage collection.. found them at my local TRU... :chew
4-LOM, AT-AT Commander, C-3PO, Cloud Car Pilot, Darth Vader, Dengar, Han, Leia, Luke.. gives look awesome in the vintage package...

Just need to find Boba Fett and Dack now...

That young lady rocks in the above pics! I agree, if you're going to go as far and start costuming, a person should consider their body type. I have always wanted to build a sandtrooper uniform but I am just too big, (6ft5in, 240 lbs.) I could also portray a sweet Porkins.

I am considering getting the new Vintage Collection Vader since it supposedly has a new helmet. Keeping mind tha I am not interested in the reveal portrait, how is the helmet compared to previous releases?

Gave up on Hasbro a long time ago - just WAY too much product out there. Repaints, reissues, etc.

However, for a "limited" type of set like these new vintage carded figs, that's a different story.

Seeing these new ESB figs actually made me pick up a set of the previous 24. I can handle a line of 50 or so figures - especially with the great packaging.

They look cool.

Well, I spoke with a friend of mine who works at Toys R Us today, and she told me that they got the Vintage Figures in, but the store manager has locked up the inventory, and won't allow any of the new Star Wars stuff to be put out until the overstock of Legacy and Clone Wars figures sell down. His excuse to the few employees that care about collecting Star Wars was that his store isn't going to be one of those stuck with boat loads of old inventory that won't move because of the new stuff. What a jacka**...

Well, I spoke with a friend of mine who works at Toys R Us today, and she told me that they got the Vintage Figures in, but the store manager has locked up the inventory, and won't allow any of the new Star Wars stuff to be put out until the overstock of Legacy and Clone Wars figures sell down. His excuse to the few employees that care about collecting Star Wars was that his store isn't going to be one of those stuck with boat loads of old inventory that won't move because of the new stuff. What a jacka**...

Can they do that? :horror

Dumb A$$...people will buy from other TRU and Target and Walmart and his store will sit on the new stuffs once the "smart" manager decides to sell them. Stupid people that shouldnt be manager at all. Sell them when they're hot.:slap

Toys R Us. Should just close its doors for good. They have the same crap that's been warming the pegs for months and never stock any new inventory. It's like a ghost town compared to what it was in the 90's. There's only like 2 employees staffed at any given time and nary a person to be found shopping the empty aisles save for an occassional soccer mom. It's only a matter of time before they go the way of K.B. Toys and FAO Schwarz.

I do all my shopping online now because TRU, Target and Wal-Mart never stock s____.

I do all my shopping online now because TRU, Target and Wal-Mart never stock s____.

Well I'd hope they dont stock that because they should be stocking toys and the like!

No really, just because your stores suck don't mean they all do. I have 2 TRUs, a handfull of Wal Marts and 2 Targets I can drive to in under an hr - never really missed anything of major importance.

It's worth it to me for my time and gas and many times I can get free shipping.

Back