Hasbro appreciation thread.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have not picked up any of the 3-3/4" figures for quite some time. But these really look good.

I am starting to hear word from buddies I collected the 3 3/4" stuff with that Hasbro's Star Wars line is crashing. Is this true? If so...that just sucks because even though I do not collect them any more...it just seems to me that no toy aisle is complete without a big Star Wars section.

I collect them, but now I hold off more and more. It's not the room, its the cost. Last year they where $5.99 give or take. This year they are $8.99 to $9.99. Same ones, ok a black dice still the same ones. There is little they can make to make me want to spend that much. I see the same ones over and over again. They did bring back the ships in 3 packs. Target $20, Walmart $30 pickup some extras and wait to see if they make new ones.

The big issues is the same one over and over again. If not for the CW there really would not be anything new (even for SS).

Wouldn't surprise me if that's the case. Every comic/hobby store I go to, all the figures are just peg-warming. I think Hasbro went a little overboard in the amount of different figures/waves being produced, really. It's just too many and would I imagine scare a lot of people off that don't want to end up with hundreds of figures. Used to pick-up a few here and there, but glad I stopped.

I know Target & Walmart can order 20 case of them (and do) per store. A Hasbro person goes in and does a count, for all Hasbro items not just SW. After a time. They will pull them, put a lower price on them. Then move in new stock. Hasbro eats the cost of this. A Comic/Hobby Store is not worth their time. Most (Most not all) just go to the store's buy the hot ones and take them to their stores and sell them. Now if they buy from Hasbro after a time they can sell them back, as long as they buy again. But I have yet to see any shop do this.

I know this being I used to have a Wholesale Business that stock shops. I did place order and I was able to send back. Unopen boxes, comics, etc. I never had anything that would warm my place.

Has anyone in the Northern California area been able to find any of the figures from the Vintage Collection? I am specifically looking for Darth Malgus and Hoth Luke. I refuse to pay $55 on ebay or sites like Toy Wiz for a figure that retails for $9. Any help would be appreciated.

I'm still looking for this wave as well. I only need Luke Hoth.

I did mod my Senator Palpatine from episode one with the new Sidious head. Looks pretty cool I think. I wish they would do a hologram of the good senator as he appeared in the queens court on naboo.

IMG_9661.jpg

Here is my spirit of obi wan mod. I swapped the saga head onto the legacy Anakin body. Now he can sit next to Luke on the log on dagoba and put the hood up or down.
IMG_9629.jpg

Has anyone in the Northern California area been able to find any of the figures from the Vintage Collection? I am specifically looking for Darth Malgus and Hoth Luke. I refuse to pay $55 on ebay or sites like Toy Wiz for a figure that retails for $9. Any help would be appreciated.

I've yet to see that wave around here. The deleted scene wave is only just hitting shelves.

Net yet (Apple Valley, Ca) but they are putting out the new ones. Target & Wal-mart. I do not shop at K-mart.

I am starting to hear word from buddies I collected the 3 3/4" stuff with that Hasbro's Star Wars line is crashing. Is this true? If so...that just sucks because even though I do not collect them any more...it just seems to me that no toy aisle is complete without a big Star Wars section.

If this is true what do people hope to see in an ideal world before the whole thing ends?

Personally I'm all about the obscure stuff at this point, I have enough of the main characters.

- I'd like them to finish out all the aliens in the cantina and Jabbas palace - including a few resculpts of badly outdated figures like Yak Face and Labria
- obscure human guards like Fozec and Nizuk Bek from the palace, 1 or 3 obscure human patrons in the cantina (they can't all be aliens)
- finish the entire skiff and sailbarge lot of characters
- make the sailbarge itself and a new larger desert skiff that can fit the appropriate amount of figures with room to swing a lightsaber without decapitating Han and Chewie
- make sure all 80s vintage figures have been redone, I know Sim Aloo the dignitary still hasn't been done and make the rest of those guys too - for consistency no softgoods since the previous 2 were all sculpted
- a few more ewoks
- a new all-sculpted Emperor and royal guard (enough with ****ing softgoods!)
- Willard and a few other Yavin base rebels
- A few more Calamari officers, Mothma aides and rebel fleet officers (madine outfit) from the ROTJ rebel briefing
- admiral piett
- echo base troop carrier vehicle
- a bigger sandcrawler would be nice, the current one is like a chipper van

I don't ask for much.

I've heard buzz that the clone wars figures arent selling. I think the problem is not being able to find new figures. There's still alot of episode 1 figures in my area.

picked up Hoth Luke,Darth Vader and Imperial Navy Commander today.
Looks like TCW version of Anakin and Darth Malgus will be the tests in this wave.
I WANT my nom anor damnit!!!

If anyone sees the new Aayla Secura would you mind picking her up for me? I saw some pics of her and would love to have her.. don't have any others but she looks to be made very well. :D

Maybe Hasbro should concentrate on putting out better more even numbers of figures. People are probably tired of collecting figures when they can only find "x" amount then have to goto Ebay and buy the rest off scalpers. You see it every wave, theres going to be some ridiculous amount of one figure and then sellable amounts of most, then those few figures that no ones going to be able to find.

Not into Hasbro anymore or PT stuff, but have to admit I thought that battle droid troop transport is very cool. They did a really nice job on that.

I bought a case from Entertainment Earth, since I have only seen TPM wave around my area. I kept a little over half, and am selling the rest.

VC75 - Qui-Gon Jinn
VC86 - Darth Maul
VC60 - Clone Trooper (501st Legion)
VC92 - Anakin Skywalker (The Clone Wars)

They're mint and unpunched. PM me if interested. $16 each, shipped.

I kept Aayla, Dr. Evazan, Luke Skywalker (Hoth), Kithaba, etc. They're fantastic figures, Aayla being the shining star.

I bought a case from Entertainment Earth, since I have only seen TPM wave around my area. I kept a little over half, and am selling the rest.

VC75 - Qui-Gon Jinn
VC86 - Darth Maul
VC60 - Clone Trooper (501st Legion)
VC92 - Anakin Skywalker (The Clone Wars)

They're mint and unpunched. PM me if interested. $16 each, shipped.

I kept Aayla, Dr. Evazan, Luke Skywalker (Hoth), Kithaba, etc. They're fantastic figures, Aayla being the shining star.

What's the price on all of them shipped? I don't need them but if I were doing you a favor, what kind of deal would you give?

And I completed my blu-ray deleted scenes wave this weekend. I'm especially impressed with the Sandstorm outfit Lando because it's the sculpt we've ALWAYS wanted. And it doubles as a great Lando Skiff Guard replacement for those who want to do that.

What's the price on all of them shipped? I don't need them but if I were doing you a favor, what kind of deal would you give?

And I completed my blu-ray deleted scenes wave this weekend. I'm especially impressed with the Sandstorm outfit Lando because it's the sculpt we've ALWAYS wanted. And it doubles as a great Lando Skiff Guard replacement for those who want to do that.

Will PM you.

And you like the new Lando figure? He's way under-scaled. :(

Back