Hasbro 6" Black Series Star Wars line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone ever tried converting the Black Series Tie to take a 1/6 scale figure? Just wondered if it was possible.

Are you asking if someone has ever taken a 1:12 scale figure and "converted" it to a 1:6 scale?

No, I was wondering if the cockpit was large enough - once you strip out seats etc - to hold a 1/6 scale figure and if anyone had tried this or if it's impossible.

3fc54c6eb0856a6a881f881139ff9156.jpg

I finally got this pair for RRP yesterday. Kanan is the more fun of the two, since Ahsoka's articulation is heavily restricted by her lekku and skirt. Very happy with both though, they give me renewed hope for the Black Series. Can't wait until Hasbro release the rest of the Ghost crew and Revan!

So Hux is...done? That sucks. He's probably the last figure from the line I've been actively trying to get and I've yet to see him. I finally found Old Han and FN2187 a couple of weeks ago at Walmart and snatched them up quick. Haven't seen them again since. Bought Jango two months ago. Seen him maybe once since then. Like many of you said, the distribution for this line has been awful. Unless you're Constable Zuvio, a flametrooper(the latest pegwarmer) or regular Finn, you're pretty much impossible to get. I occasionally see Kylo Ren, Phasma, Rey, and Poe but they're also not as easy to get as they should be. I have all of those but still for those that don't, it sucks. I'm glad I don't care about Ashoka or Kannan or I'd be flipping out and farmboy Luke I would get if he had a better headsculpt. Easily the worst Luke we've had so far.

Made this post about a month ago...and found a HUX YESTERDAY!!! It was really random. My son and I wandered into a gamestop and boom there he was. I was so happy. He was still retail price which kind of sucked(most figures there were on some kind of sale or clearance) but I didn't care and got him anyway. Now I'm good until force Friday probably. This new Obi Wan and Kylo look amazing but I'm not gonna kill myself to get them. I'm hoping they eventually get a retail release. If I see either out in the wild, i'm buying on spot though.

Oh and for those still looking for him, I'm seeing that Asty guy pretty regularly at Vintage Stock if you have one near you.

https://www.ew.com/article/2016/07/01/star-wars-hasbro-kylo-ren-obi-wan-kenobi

Obi Wan's inner robes look nicely sculpted at least...

..but then soft goods.

Likeness seems to be there on Obi Wan but not so much Kylo.
Let's not kid ourselves here. The highly photoshopped pre release pictures of these figures are going to look nothing like the final figures that will appear in the stores. Hasbro roped me into this line initially with their first wave of beautiful shots of Luke x wing pilot, R2D2 etc... The sad truth is, the figures are sub standard at best compared to the likes of the Figuarts and Mafex equivalents. Its a real shame as I had high hopes before this line first came out, especially with the improvement in sculpting technology over the last 5 or so years. Hasbro will get none of my hard earned money anymore. If your happy with paying over the odds for cheap looking renditions of your cherished SW characters then fair play to you, but I expect at least a little effort. I'd rather pay that bit extra and get a figure that does justice to my beloved Star Wars characters.

Last edited:
The sculpts are good...thats been proven by repaints... the paint apps however..... well you get what you pay for.. they cant hand paint them like Hot Toys.

The sculpts are good...thats been proven by repaints... the paint apps however..... well you get what you pay for.. they cant hand paint them like Hot Toys.

Your absolutely right, the sculpts are good and I have seen some unbelievable repaints. But as you say, they are so badly let down by Hasbro's sloppy paint apps. As for not being able to paint them like Hot Toys.... Well Figuarts give it a pretty good stab at this scale. Granted there more expensive than the Black Series figures but so much better in quality.

The majority of the sculpts really are good.

If there was only a bit more effort in the paint apps...

Back