Hasbro 6" Black Series Star Wars line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The damn Kmart EX Kylo is killing me... I want it so bad, but the employees at the k-marts near me are beyond useless. I know shopping season is coming up so I gotta stay on this if I want it for retail.

Was at Walmart today and picked up a FO Stormtrooper. Also saw the new 3.75" Black figures that until today didn't even know they existed. Might start collecting those as well.

Sorry I haven't watched RotJ yet, of course all he did was sit in the movie.

It's unwise in hasbro's part to think of making the thing to have plastic robes, if they're going to make a figure with a mix of cloth they should make it right. The figures I'm talking about are the ones who can do something other than just sitting around - Lard Vader and Kylo Ren.

The way they put the cloth with Vader was horrible in my opinion it looked liked he's wearing diapers and loose parts on his chest cloth. Kylo's okay the robe's a little long and the texture of the cloth is bothersome, unless it's in the movie that that's how his cloth looks like then I'm great with it.

I thought the cloth on Kylo was pretty accurate although scaling is always an issue.

Vader was an unmitigated mess. They really need to do an SDCC exclusive and make an ultimate Vader and kill it on the articulation, the cut and sew and the friggin helmet.

I liked Kylo, though the texture is, I agree, a bit of a bother thanks to scaling. As for Vader, the sashes on his chest are actually accurate to the costume, but the lower half of the robe is just sad. But the real killer of the figure, if we're being honest, is the helmet. I love the removeable function, but it falls apart too easy and it looks smushed. If the helmet was right, I'd consider it a good enough figure.

And as for Revan, he's got a full skirt, no slits or anything so cloth would be more true to the figure, plus, if they do quilt it, it'll hide most of the flaws quite well.

I folded down each side to my liking, and then used a toothpick and a dab of super glue on each side of the rubber cloak piece. It sits much more flush, and looks way more accurate now. He still has all the range of motion with it glued down

Explain please 💩

Explain please ��

Take the excess "slack" in the hood, and use it to create folds on each. Use a small amount of super glue - dab the end of a toothpick, apply some on the inside of the folds, then underneath the folds so it stays glued to the rubber cloak piece on the upper chest/collar bone area. Press down for a few seconds to make sure it stays. Here is a picture with some arrows showing how the folds should look, and where the glue should be applied. The inner two arrows indicate where glue should be applied to maintain a fold in the hood on each side. The outer arrows indicate where the glue should be applied to the underside to it stays glued down to the upper front shoulder areas on the rubber cloak piece. Hope this helps

I guess the BAMF tie fighter with exclusive pilot is starting to hit...........saw at target for $169 and at kmart but didnt see a price........I assume close to targets price. Passed but will see if they do a 50% deal later like they did the at-at.

Take the excess "slack" in the hood, and use it to create folds on each. Use a small amount of super glue - dab the end of a toothpick, apply some on the inside of the folds, then underneath the folds so it stays glued to the rubber cloak piece on the upper chest/collar bone area. Press down for a few seconds to make sure it stays. Here is a picture with some arrows showing how the folds should look, and where the glue should be applied. The inner two arrows indicate where glue should be applied to maintain a fold in the hood on each side. The outer arrows indicate where the glue should be applied to the underside to it stays glued down to the upper front shoulder areas on the rubber cloak piece. Hope this helps

Thanks for the post.

Rather than glue, I like to use double sided tape when customizing clothing.

I managed to order one of those yesterday but they have yet to charge me. Should I be worried that I might not get one since they sold out pretty fast?

When I ordered it said they would not ship until the 12th, and my order is showing an expected delivery of the 17th, so I wouldn't worry just yet.

Saw my first two Kylo Rens in person at Walgreens so I picked one up. I'm kinda going all out with 6 inch scale SW figures:panic:

Thanks for the post.

Rather than glue, I like to use double sided tape when customizing clothing.

No problem. Double sided tape would probably work, and is less permanent lol. But it will definitely improve the look of the hood. I also trimmed the bottom of the cloak so it sits at his toes.

Thanks for sharing!

Back