Hasbro 6" Black Series Star Wars line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello Fellow Collectors....

So I was at my local Walmart last week and found some of the Walmart Exclusives from the Black Series. When I came across the Chewbacca I found I said to myself that this does not look right at all. There was a regular one I have seen everywhere attached and 2 pics of the one I found and picked up. Can someone shed some light on this.

Thanks! picture3.jpg

photo1.JPG

photo2.JPG

Yeah, these boxed figures are really susceptible to the ol' swap & return. Looks like someone wanted a TFA Chewie but didn't want to pony up $20+.

I used to work at Toys R Us stocking toys as a teen. You can't imagine how many people do the old switcheroo!

They would also buy sets then keep the exclusive figures and return for refund.
(Example: The Queens Royal Starship that came with the little red R2 unit, or the action Fleet with the tiny figures.) That used to bug me big time but the managers were too dumb to catch it.

Thanks for some of the feedback everyone. I can imagine that people would do something like switching them - crappy thing to do, but I guess it happens. The additional thing that is strange is his weapon is the same as the regular one but the color is different. Its a gray instead of the black. And the box doesn't even look like it was ever open. It is sealed just like it came from the factory like this. Then I guess someone could peel the tape off real slow and then replace it.

Not sure what to do with it....guess I will hold onto it until I find more info.

Thanks for some of the feedback everyone. I can imagine that people would do something like switching them - crappy thing to do, but I guess it happens. The additional thing that is strange is his weapon is the same as the regular one but the color is different. Its a gray instead of the black. And the box doesn't even look like it was ever open. It is sealed just like it came from the factory like this. Then I guess someone could peel the tape off real slow and then replace it.

Not sure what to do with it....guess I will hold onto it until I find more info.

There is nothing valuable about it and not even worth keeping. It is not a factory error and there is no more information to find on it. It is simple. Someone bought it and swapped the SA Chewbacca for a Marvel Comics Two Pack Chewbacca. They then returned the figure to walmart and basically stole the SA Chewbacca. Nothing valuable about this. It happens all the time with Mattel WWE Elites figure.

Found 5 tfa stormtroopers today, walked away with only one as I don't display my black series figures as it is, also found wave two.... All of them but captain phasma :(

Went back to Toys R Us today and the one Stormtrooper they had yesterday was gone. :(

I love how shiny they made the armor on the new stormtrooper compared to the old one however the lack of double jointed elbows is more than a disappointment... It's downright uncalled for and makes standard two handed rifle poses pretty much impossible. Kinda soured my outlook on these figures. Also I picked the best decorated one out of the five that I found only to unpackage him and he had a huge splat of black paint on the back of his helmet that was a 1/8th inch across.

Yeah that's a straight gank bro. Don't fall for it and waste your time. These folks that do this are hard up broke ass collector pros. They can open a clam shell and get it back lined up and on the card back with medical precision. Resealing a taped box is child's play.

Return it. Why would you keep it? You're a victim of a scam perpetrated by someone who stole the figure inside, pure and simple.

More examples of swappers: Swappers - Page 164

Re: Hasbro legends 6" sw figures

Unfortunately not I've been going nuts looking around the city with absolutely no luck

Hello Fellow Collectors....

So I was at my local Walmart last week and found some of the Walmart Exclusives from the Black Series. When I came across the Chewbacca I found I said to myself that this does not look right at all. There was a regular one I have seen everywhere attached and 2 pics of the one I found and picked up. Can someone shed some light on this.

Thanks!View attachment 214568

View attachment 214569

View attachment 214570

Is that a 6 inch figure or 3 3/4"?

Back