Hasbro 6" Black Series Star Wars line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

That Chewy looks sweet (though he doesn't seem to have many cartridges in his bandolier.) I wonder if he's got grey bits of fur in TFA?:lol

I just got another delivery from Amazon - again, packaged incredibly well. They sent the stormie in his own little box separate from the books.

I've had a look at these 6" figs in the store a lot but this is the first pose-a-thon I've had with one and whoa... I think I may be hooked. It's almost like a 12" figure in terms of the poses you can do. Can't wait to break open the biker/bike and Jabba when they arrive, and can't wait for white Fett now. Already on the hunt for a sandie and here I thought I wasn't into this line.:slap

Found the Imperial Shadow Squadron on clearance for $35 yesterday at Target. Be on the lookout. Target usually clears out tons of toys from now until the first couple of weeks in January. Who knows, you may find it for 50% off! Good Hunting.

Are folks still looking for sand troopers? Saw a ton right before Xmas. Willing to go have a look if someone needs it. Cost+S
PM me

take a look at how this turned out (bandai 1/12 snap kit - not figuarts)

stormtrooper_223-480x863.jpg

from ???? 1/12??????????????????????????? | ?????????????????? ???????? and ???? 1/12??????????????????????????? | ?????????????????? ????????

Looks damn good if you don't mind having to assemble and decal. Mine is in the post and I'm thinking of painting it properly before assembly just to give it that bit extra (bit of off white where appropriate and some tiny black scuffs like the r/l props - complete re-do of white because that plastic will likely yellow in time!)

edit: :clap
stormtrooper_219-480x552.jpg

[...]

RE: 1/12 Bandai stormtrooper kit:

Mine is in the post and I'm thinking of painting it properly before assembly just to give it that bit extra (bit of off white where appropriate and some tiny black scuffs like the r/l props - complete re-do of white because that plastic will likely yellow in time!)

I have two on the way as well...I think it looks pretty good...have also considered the yellowing plastic issue. Masking the eyes in particular is gonna suck, but I think a full paint-job now may well be worth it in the future. :gah:

It looks like we might be able to do the painting before assembly

stormtrooper_102-480x384.jpg

Even looking at the disembodied faceplate there, I love the accuracy of these kits. Just compare it to hasbro or some of the other things on offer, they look like lumps of clay compared.

If I like the one I get, I'm def gonna grab a couple more (they're £10 a pop!) before they become hard to find. Although not being marketed toward adult collectors (I gather asian kids are the main demographic for these) there should be plenty for a while, I hope.

Also think they're aiming for cheap army builders and I hope they make this near ongoing like other star wars models are. Lets see this next to other 1/12 stormies (or not) pls.

Couldn't pass up the Scout on the bike for $20 on Amazon. My first foray really into this line and I'm afraid I'm a bit hooked. I'm going to try to hold out for TFA stuff but I really might have to nab the TIE Fighter pilot. Always loved that design.

Finally got a white Boba. These figs are incredible - stormie, white Fett and Biker are just amazing side-by-side. My Jabba and other bike should be here very soon. Can't wait.

I really didn't have much interest in this line at all - now I'm on the hunt for the Taun, Wampa and Bossk. Damn, damn, damn. Another line to collect.:gah:

Re: Hasbro legends 6" sw figures

I finally bailed on this line. I was cherry-picking it originally, because there have been some great releases in spite of the lacklustre stuff, but I saw no point in multiple scales, plus spending money and space on 1:12 when 1:6 is so expensive.

Still gonna be a spectator, but I'm out of BS6". I have some of the Bandai and Revoltech Threepio on order from prior to this decision; may keep the stormie kits but will otherwise bail on that stuff too.

So everyone post lots of pics so I can live vicariously! :)

Haven't visited this thread in a bit, but I seem to recall some hate for Yoda. I only picked him up because he came with the case, but after experimenting with the figure, I'm quite taken with it.

Only time for one quick shot, then it's back to work...

15533705853_65627f5406.jpg

Last edited:
Haven't visited this thread in a bit, but I seem to recall some hate for Yoda. I only picked him up because he came with the case, but after experimenting with the figure, I'm quite taken with it.

Only time for one quick shot, then it's back to work...

15533705853_65627f5406.jpg

That's an awesome pic. He looks pretty great there.:clap

Hit that head with some matte clear and dirty up the robe and he'd look even better.

Also, Yoda was often seen sitting, giving the impression he was shorter than he actually is (it's rare to see pics of him standing up straight) so you could hunch his legs a bit to make the height better.

Hit that head with some matte clear and dirty up the robe and he'd look even better.

Also, Yoda was often seen sitting, giving the impression he was shorter than he actually is (it's rare to see pics of him standing up straight) so you could hunch his legs a bit to make the height better.

Definitely gonna dirty the robe up. As to the high sheen on his head, it's not nearly so bad to the naked eye, and under normal light. (I was using some pretty hot strobes yesterday, shooting a subject which is quite a bit darker.) I'll give it a closer look this morning when I get to work.

You're right about the hunching (which is the only way that I could get the hands to come together). It helps quite a bit. But the figure is still out of scale, although no more so than the original Kenner release. And even bending him forward at the waist wasn't quite enough to get them together completely. (The legs themselves don't bend at the knees.) In the end, though, I was able to get them close enough to feed the cane through both hands, which nailed the classic pose it nicely.

Very, very glad that I held onto this one.

Attention - in case any of you are interested, the Prototype Boba Fetts exclusive to Walgreens are available to order again on the Walgreens website. Get Em while they're hot!

Looking to snag a couple troopers from this line. Preferably the series 1 Sandtrooper loose. Thought I'd try my luck here before paying his eBay going price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking to snag a couple troopers from this line. Preferably the series 1 Sandtrooper loose. Thought I'd try my luck here before paying his eBay going price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've seen many in-hand samples; do yourself a favour and get the second release (black pauldron) sandtroopers. The paint apps - both weathering and helmet details - are far superior.

I've seen many in-hand samples; do yourself a favour and get the second release (black pauldron) sandtroopers. The paint apps - both weathering and helmet details - are far superior.

This is what I was thinking. Just repaint pauldron orange.

Back