Hasbro 6" Black Series Star Wars line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B0507_SW_EPVI_Emperor.jpg

Palpatine was the figure I was most excited to see, but he doesn't look too good! Unless the finished product is better, I think I'll abandon this line. And I see I'm not the only one who's thinking this way!

yeah, it's a shame really. I think the head sculpt is good enough to be honest. It's just the soft goods & what they do with them to try and make it look right, it just doesn't work.

Stitching the hood down the way they've done here makes it look more like a baby's bonnet than a droopy hood to me. Why bother with soft goods on a figure that has plastic inner robes? he has zero leg & body articulation anyway, so what's the point?

Hasbro seems to have a thing with stitch the soft goods in wierd places. I absolutely hate that they did that with Vaders cape to his chest armor.

Picked up Vader Chewy and two Lukes today. Really happy, 2 quick mods that I think make a decent different are extending Vaders neck a bit by inserting some blu tac into the ball socket. Second mod was carving out semi circles on Lukes chest near the shoulder, this allows him to bring both arms forward and almost cross them for dynamic two handed light sabre poses

Any chance we can see some pictures? Thanks.

A little help guys. I just got my Chewie from Amazon and his right knee will not bend. Should I get a hair dryer, or stick him in the freezer?

My personal eperiences of years would suggest hairdryer on hottest setting for 30 secs, very carefully try to make it cllick loos, controlled use of force down to minimum threshhold effect. If doesn't work try 30 secs of more heat. If that doesn't work let it cool off or cool off in water and try a full minute of heat minimally n hour or mor later.

If you still feel it wont budge without bending of breaking it after full minute of full heat, I'd ask someone whos eperienced with cold measures.

I myself have always succeeded aftet max couple of appliances of blowdryer heat or one long one of a minute+...

but always restrain to controlled minim force, build up because excessive force has no beneficial result. It's a simple threshhold you gotta just get over and the heat can lower that point. GL

My personal eperiences of years would suggest hairdryer on hottest setting for 30 secs, very carefully try to make it cllick loos, controlled use of force down to minimum threshhold effect. If doesn't work try 30 secs of more heat. If that doesn't work let it cool off or cool off in water and try a full minute of heat minimally n hour or mor later.

If you still feel it wont budge without bending of breaking it after full minute of full heat, I'd ask someone whos eperienced with cold measures.

I myself have always succeeded aftet max couple of appliances of blowdryer heat or one long one of a minute+...

but always restrain to controlled minim force, build up because excessive force has no beneficial result. It's a simple threshhold you gotta just get over and the heat can lower that point. GL

Thanks for this tutorial I will try it as soon as I get home.

Back