Hasbro 6" Black Series Star Wars line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like the next wave is up for preorder at BBTS. It says a November release date. That's gotta be wrong since wave 5 has just begun to hit stores other than walgreens. I hope its more like a February release, I got too much other stuff to get from now till then.

Seeing these soft goods on the 6" figures, I wonder how long it will be before we get Mego-style SW figures...

I would welcome that, would ditch the 6" Black line for that hearbeat tbh.

Give NECA the license on the retro/mego style and let 'em go to town I say. They're doing some really fun stuff in that style right now

After watching the video review of Vader by thefwoosh, I now have an immense and long overdue hatred for the Black series packaging. Dear Hasbro: LOOSEN THE DAMN FIGURE UP!

I can't believe ROTS Obi Wan is being repacked in the new November wave with Yoda, Clone trooper, and Tie pilot.
What a let down!

I think its something they couldn't avoid sorta. They originally planned to repack Obi Wan in wave 4 or 5 so they had produced a lot of him. However people were annoyed that we kept getting repacks of figures like Han in wave 2 and 3 so hasbro held back on putting Obi Wan in those waves. However Obi Wan was already produced and just sitting around in their warehouses so they were just waiting until they could finally repack him in a wave. They obviously could have avoided all this by not producing any extra obi wan figures at all.

Yea, whats your source on that? I haven't seen ANY of the chewie wave, only Proto Fett. This is getting ridiculous with these figures now. How do they move on to different waves when NOBODY gets the ones before?!

Yoda and tie pilot for me from this wave. Poor selection on characters. Give me cantina creatures, Death Squad Trooper, or Rebel Fleet Trooper over any PT character. OT for me only. This line is surely in the decline. It would have been something if Hasbro followed the release of the original Kenner figures and produced them in the same order. Once the clones went rainbow color they got silly, no thanks.

Hasbro sucks

...So many options for troop building if they just HAD to do a repack of a figure in the new wave.
Come on it was a no brainer!

Stormtrooper, clone trooper, sand trooper with white pouldron. Chewy, Vader...

I had plans to get 'the original 12' from this line if they made them - & to a standard I was happy with.

Seems neither is happening yet. :lol

I figured, pardon the pun, we'd get Tatooine Luke, Ben, Threepio and ANH Leia in a wave together. They'll probably be spread across several waves. I was hoping Threepio would be vac-metalized but after the epic failures of Vader and Palpatine I expect Threepio to look like a crappy gold painted turd.

I don't. I expect him to look exactly like his 3 3/4 counterpart but cost 3x the price.

Ugh. Still no sign what so ever of Chewy, Vader (not that I care) or Jedi Luke here in NY. But let's repack Obi wan.

I figured, pardon the pun, we'd get Tatooine Luke, Ben, Threepio and ANH Leia in a wave together. They'll probably be spread across several waves. I was hoping Threepio would be vac-metalized but after the epic failures of Vader and Palpatine I expect Threepio to look like a crappy gold painted turd.
I'm just not that interested in these anymore really. I love the 7" scale, but I've really got a preference for the smaller scale with SW to be honest - plus the majority of my SW items are the 3.75" Hasbro stuff. I've got lots of Marvel / DC & other movie stuff in the 7" scale, & it's how I like things.

The only way I'd really bother now, was if they firstly improved the quality of the paint apps & sculpts, & secondly, release characters I actually want. I'd then pepper them through my 1/6 SW cabinets as montage backgrounder pieces.

Just an FYI I was in Manhattan today for a job interview and there is this store Image Anime. In one of their cases was the die cast 3PO from Bandai. HOLY CRAP that thing is AWESOME.

Back