Hasbro 6" Black Series Star Wars line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, to Amazon's credit, they shipped my replacement Luke in a box, with a lot of air bubble-thingees - came in MINT condition! That's more like it

I was pretty happy when the replacement was not sent in another envelope!

received Darth Maul and the Sandtrooper today. Great pieces. I will pick up R2 now

R2 is awesome, with proper weathering!

I don't collect Star Wars, but I just had to get the Sandtrooper. And I wasn't disappointed. Pretty much a perfect action figure, with the exception of the soft plastic heavy blaster rifle. Not sure why this one is a softer plastic, when the other two weapons are made of sturdier material. Maybe because of the strap?

Anyway, a few shots I took last night....

9567788370_148c3b2273_b.jpg

9564998743_922a471ea7_b.jpg

9564987583_3074202293_b.jpg

9567783214_505ef5789f_b.jpg

Nice work! Can you share some tips so we can do photos like that too? Did you use photoshop, how did you do the background? Calling for more pics guys, these figures deserve it!

Thanks a lot jphoenix.

I have a light tent (approximately 2' by 2') with lighting on each side of the tent. I have various colored light bulbs (white, red, green, blue and a black light) that I can switch around, depending on what kind of arrangement I need for the picture.

I also have three different cloth backdrops (black, blue and red) that I can use inside the tent to change the color of the "sky". The props are GI Joe buildings, large rocks and aquarium pebbles and decorations.

I do not use photoshop, but I do use an online program called picmonkey (www.picmonkey.com) to add light scratches/filters to the photos, add borders and to adjust the color and contrast if needed.

Hope this info is helpful. If you have any more questions, just let me know.

Ok, to Amazon's credit, they shipped my replacement Luke in a box, with a lot of air bubble-thingees - came in MINT condition! That's more like it

I was pretty happy when the replacement was not sent in another envelope!

I received my Sandie the same way, in a yellow padded envelope which got stuffed in my mailbox. But I'm opening him anyway so didn't matter much about the frayed corners (one corner was slightly dented in).

I received my Sandie the same way, in a yellow padded envelope which got stuffed in my mailbox. But I'm opening him anyway so didn't matter much about the frayed corners (one corner was slightly dented in).

Yeah, I suggested to them they note collectibles items may not come in 'mint condition' or anything close to it.

Re: Hasbro legends 6" sw figures

anyone try modding these yet? like luke head on the sandtrooper? could try a blackhole trooper too?

Yeah, different size neck joints/peg holes. Wont work

well wont work out of the box, but still easy to do, just need a hobby knife and some hot glue

I also just got my Boba from ebay, love it! I think im gunna dive into this line... question for owners of Boba though, do any of you guys think his arms are a little long?

well wont work out of the box, but still easy to do, just need a hobby knife and some hot glue

I also just got my Boba from ebay, love it! I think im gunna dive into this line... question for owners of Boba though, do any of you guys think his arms are a little long?

I was thinking the same thing just by seeing pics...was hoping thats not the case...Oh well it's not too big an issue I guess. Cant wait for wave 2. Just out of curiosity, how much did you pay for the SDCC version?

I was thinking the same thing just by seeing pics...was hoping thats not the case...Oh well it's not too big an issue I guess. Cant wait for wave 2. Just out of curiosity, how much did you pay for the SDCC version?

too much lol, it was around $140 shipped, so about $120 for a plastic slab of han.... :monkey1

Im gunna pop it apart and recast it though using a clear resin and try the defrosting look, with a nice red LED inside

too much lol, it was around $140 shipped, so about $120 for a plastic slab of han.... :monkey1

Im gunna pop it apart and recast it though using a clear resin and try the defrosting look, with a nice red LED inside

Ouch....but gotta admit if i had that much extra cash i would drop it on one as well lmao

How does Hasbro handle the production run? I mean are they going to continue making wave 1 or are these limited to a specific count say 200,000 units. Just wondering about how many boxed MIB sandys around?

How does Hasbro handle the production run? I mean are they going to continue making wave 1 or are these limited to a specific count say 200,000 units. Just wondering about how many boxed MIB sandys around?

no numbers given, they do a run and ship and thats it until they do repacks in later cases

I was ready to buy the set too then I heard Boba is being released alone. Plus the same set is getting re-released for international

Last edited:

This is one of those rare times where it'll probably increase on the secondary market

Back