Hasbro 6" Black Series Star Wars line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The stormtroopers will be awesome to play around with, especially with a bit of pledge on them to gloss them up (I assume they wont come glossed, but who knows lol)

Is they all had fitted clothing like that Boba Fett I would reconsider but there's no way you would be seeing that type of tailoring on a figure for $20.

BB

Nobody expected them to be $20. 3A in that scale typically run $60.

Is the 3A line completely dead? I was looking forward to those.

calm down ladies, you spitefully declared all cloth looked cheap at this scale, you didn't stipulate price, only scale - hence the picture. The point wasn't to compare $20 to $60. The point of comparing was also because 3a's line was killed so this hasbro line could exist. $40 difference matters not to me, just the quality and style. I'd see them as shrunken 1/6 rather than upscaled 3"3/4 (hasbro clearly view things the other way around)

I'd see them as shrunken 1/6 rather than upscaled 3"3/4 (hasbro clearly view things the other way around)

This is a good way to put it. 3A would've done the former and Hasbro is providing the latter. I would've gladly paid 3A prices to get their designs. I don't need Hasbro's since I don't even buy their 3.75 line.

I'd see them as shrunken 1/6 rather than upscaled 3"3/4 (hasbro clearly view things the other way around)

mortifactor stated this perfectly imo. This is really how I've been feeling about this line and I've never really been able to describe it. Thanks morti!

:exactly: Nail on the head there, Mort! I would have expected Hasbro to bring their A game considering the 3A pitch. I dont expect their quality to be had for $20 bucks, but I do think that instead of making a $20 6" figure, Hasbro needed to make this THE 1/12th line in order to "abandon" 30+ years of 3.75" scale along with vehicles and playlets! To me (and I'm soap boxing, so please take it tongue and check) this line should be the ODE TO THE BABY BOOMERS & GEN Xers who have been around since the beginning. Their coup de gras into a brave new world of SW! That's what I saw in the 3A offering. It was a complete departure from the 3.75" scale. An open invitation to the adult collectors who have been SW fans for 40+ years! An actual REASON to begin anew with the ***** to prove it!
I'm still saving my judgment till next week when I see them up close, but I certainly canceled my pre-order because I just cant justify buying these site unseen, so to speak. Curb appeal is way low, imo.
:peace

Customs already appearing. They look great.

002823scc32jsjjcocjf63.jpg

I'm tempted to pick up three of this guy and pass on Luke/R2. I wouldn't mind repainting pauldrons, weathering their weapons, and even building a small Tatooine environment for them to be displayed on.

I'll do the same for Snowtroopers/Hoth and Scout Troopers/Endor. I'd need Stormies as well. Hopefully a Vader and the Boba Fett are well made. I'd get those too. Then I'd call it quits.

Re: Hasbro legends 6" sw figures

Those do look great. I think ill do the same. What do you guys use for that great sand color weathering?

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

The troopers look great. Too bad R2 turned out so bad. I was kinda hoping to get a nice little pairing of R2 and Threepio.

Back