Hasbro 6" Black Series Star Wars line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I decided I will back the Rancor if Hasbro apologizes for canceling the Cara Dune figures, pledges to print the proper Slave 1 name on the box art of all future releases of the ship, and admits Kathleen Kennedy won't allow them to produce an Oola figure to go with the Rancor.

LMAO - and (once again) agree 100%

Actually - THAT post is worth 101% :lol

Place your bets, will this make it to the 9k finish line? I am thinking it will with a big push in the last couple days, but I'm not exactly confident I'll be correct.

If it had changed my mind, I'd say "YES".

But since it didn't - I'm going with the other option :)

Of course - if they admit the paint job is awful (they can say they were time-constrained if they wish), and that the production version will be a MASSIVE improvement . . . THEN I'd vote "YES".

No, not really. They might put up a random handful that were held back for QA replacements but they won’t do another run of them. Although since it was only half the bar, I would expect a second set with different figures to complete a the other half.
Ah well. At least they're releasing the figures individually. I'm sure ben is coming in the next archive

Even if this backs, I'd be extremely surprised if this hits any tiers. So it's basically $350 for a poorly-painted Rancor and Malakili figure. No diorama, no bones, no Luke.

Even if they threw in an Oola, it doesn't seem like much of a victory. More of a band-aid.

(Don't have a dog in this fight; I just wanted to see a cool-ass giant monster figure with crazy articulation and aesthetics. Guess this won't be it.)

Even if this backs, I'd be extremely surprised if this hits any tiers. So it's basically $350 for a poorly-painted Rancor and Malakili figure. No diorama, no bones, no Luke.

Even if they threw in an Oola, it doesn't seem like much of a victory. More of a band-aid.

(Don't have a dog in this fight; I just wanted to see a cool-ass giant monster figure with crazy articulation and aesthetics. Guess this won't be it.)

I don't think it's going to even get backed (wasn't that a Beatles song?) - it's up almost 200 since the "upgrade", but it'll have to get an average of 735 per day to hit the "funded" target.

Haslab were a team who thought they had a winner
But we knew it couldn't last
Oh, get backed, yeah, get backed
Get backed to where you once belonged
I'd like to say thank you on behalf of the group and ourselves, and we hope we passed the audition

I think this might make the minimum for backing now. I still believe they need to drop the price at least $75 - so it remains a no for me currently. I think that I prefer the paintjob and lack of the ugly neck gap on the old SW Legacy Rancor that came with Luke.
Yeah that gap is crazy and makes him look like he's wearing a hoodie, lol.

Yeah that gap is crazy and makes him look like he's wearing a hoodie, lol.

1f41ea4501c2c6dbcb5b4f577f5a66bb.jpg

"This final additional figure can ONLY be added if we hit our target threshold of 9K backers before the campaign deadline (December 6, 2021)"

well, if they dont reach the target the Rancor doesn't get made either, so this is a bit weird to add. Unless the plan on continueing the campaign a bit longer....

"This final additional figure can ONLY be added if we hit our target threshold of 9K backers before the campaign deadline (December 6, 2021)"

well, if they dont reach the target the Rancor doesn't get made either, so this is a bit weird to add. Unless the plan on continueing the campaign a bit longer....
I noticed that part as well. Maybe that's the incentive to get this thing funded without them having to resort to extending the deadline like Unicron.

Back