Hasbro 6" Black Series Star Wars line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i'm still wondering if the orders that came in through Zavvi (for Europe and perhaps some other parts of the world) are already counted in that number. If not, it still has a chance to succeed

Who the hell wants a Rancor without his keeper that’s like owning a Snow Speeder without Luke or a Kathleen Kennedy without a cup of coffee…pleaseeeeee.

B6E1A510-7780-480C-BB61-CD45DF9E62D6.jpeg

True but what are the chances they DONT do a Rancor Keeper in mainline now? I’d say they are pretty low. One thing Hasbro is not shy of it taking SW fans money. There’s not ONE exclusive item in the BS that’s NEVER been rereleased. They have no issues in selling us SW stuff. Just saying. They should be dragged all over the inter webs about this, but having the campaign fail seems like it cuts both ways.

True but what are the chances they DONT do a Rancor Keeper in mainline now? I’d say they are pretty low.

True. But if they announce him now, they'll get criticized for not including him with the Rancor. If they wait too long, the Haslab Rancor won't be funded and on top of that, they will be criticized for waiting too long to announce him.

The only chance I see the Rancor getting funded are if they now announce that it will come with the Rancor Keeper, no matter which tier it hits. But then they will sortof acknowledge they ****** up, and I don't see them admitting that either.

Tiers are 😢 and they are ******. So let’s get that outta the way. That said, what’s to stop Hasbro from saying OT is out and it’s all new IP (Mandoverse) from here on out? Surely all you guys would be crowing about that too while you drag and dump on Rancor. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and you collect what you like, just seems a bit spiteful to me but to each his own🤷🏾‍♂️
I can’t see why they would have done a TVC Rancor when they’ve done it in so many different ways before. That would be just like this Luke tier. “ We’re building a new Rancor from the ground up, one you MUST have in your collections already!” Fans would have been all over that.

When companies like Lucasfilm and Hasbro poorly handle a franchise like Star Wars I think it is important for fans to send the "go f*** yourself" message. And I think it's great that Star Wars fans more than any other fans stand up against the bull****.

I do agree with some of your sentiments though. I don't care much for Black Series, but some people do and this will be the last Black Series Haslab project ever and possibly the last Hasbro Rancor of any scale. Instead of doing the right thing and admitting fault with screwing up this project the Hasbro Star Wars team might dig in their heels. If this Rancor fails as badly as it appears it's quite an embarrassment. Hopefully the next Star Wars project is a massive TVC Sandcrawler but Hasbro will probably make it something from the Sequel Trilogy.

At this stage they should lower the price $50, remove the tiers and throw in all the existing tier incentive pieces plus Oola and Malakili. The promise of an improved paint job would also be wise.

At this stage they should lower the price $50, remove the tiers and throw in all the existing tier incentive pieces plus Oola and Malakili. The promise of an improved paint job would also be wise.
It really does look like the Rancor needs a better paint job despite Hasbro claiming it has 900 different paint deco. Lol it is like making Cobb Vanth Deluxe for his extra deco but then has no boot weathering or a simple wash. Cmon Hasbro team either charge extra and deliver or reduce the price to match the quality.

It's too late to save this unless they stop the clock entirely and bring it back next year with all the obvious unlocks that everyone wants. This would actually show that the Hasbro Star Wars team is listening to what fans want and I think it would be well received and supported. I haven't canceled mine yet, but I plan to do so and put the money toward a second Ghostbusters proton pack. That project has been very successful for obvious reasons while the Rancor continues to go backwards.

It's too late to save this unless they stop the clock entirely and bring it back next year with all the obvious unlocks that everyone wants. This would actually show that the Hasbro Star Wars team is listening to what fans want and I think it would be well received and supported. I haven't canceled mine yet, but I plan to do so and put the money toward a second Ghostbusters proton pack. That project has been very successful for obvious reasons while the Rancor continues to go backwards.

Great idea.

It's slipping further and further into the mire . . . here's the early morning start point since the day they did that livestream.

image.png

Good move, the passion the GB team put into the proton pack makes the rancor project look even more like the disaster it is.

As of right now for me: Just call it dead Hasbro. No point in dragging it anymore.
Screenshot 2021-11-27 121324.png

It's still not a "Trending Collectable" as of right now. Heck, even the Skystriker is somewhat reasonable for those that are still into the Retro 3.75 inch scale line.

Any chance of the cantina set showing back up on pulse? Missed out and don't want to deal with aftermarket

Ok my question is this: if that thing has 900 paint apps or whatever, why does it look like any old action figure you just popped out of the cellophane card bubble? and maybe not even that good. I have regular BSeries figs that look way better than that. And they were not $350

GTFOOH Hasbro
Yeah, the paint doesn't look particularly complex or lifelike. I prefer the paintjob on the 1/18 Rancor. :dunno

And I can't get over that joint for the face/head, I think it looks terrible.

Yeah, the paint doesn't look particularly complex or lifelike. I prefer the paintjob on the 1/18 Rancor. :dunno

That head joint does look absolutely terrible. I thought all those joints might look better with the proto all painted up. Nope.

Yeah the head joint gives it a Garthim from The Dark Crystal vibe. Not a fan.

Back