Hasbro 6" Black Series Star Wars line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's true. I feel like the issue is being older and more jaded, fans tend to scrutinize the little details. When I watched the original trilogy as a kid I just soaked it all in and accepted everything that it was. No issues or plot holes presented themselves to me. I just loved it.

Yeah, some of us have said as much in some other SW thread.

When you?re a kid you just roll with it, as an adult you see that it all barely holds together.

I still love it, but it?s all goofy as hell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Hasbro 6" Black Series Star Wars line

:exactly: :lecture :exactly:

When getting schooled by DiFabio is so bad you have to attend a prom by the time he is done with you lol

Nothing like getting schooled by a cynical teacher who has been in the system for years despite getting no real enjoyment from it since 1989 :)

If anyone doesn't have the Black series Zuckuss figure yet, it's $5.75 at Gamestop right now. You'll have to check your local store for availability:
https://www.gamestop.com/toys-colle...-action-figure-only-at-gamestop/10177118.html

Picked mine up yesterday, just one figure away from completing the ESB Bounty Hunters.
They have a lot of other figures on sale right now, mostly Overwatch & Pops. Some Dragon Ball, Figma, Marvel statues, and a Storm Collectible Marcus Fenix all dependent on local store availability.

I was trying to get some of the Overwatch Figma figures. Tried store pickup for a couple stores near me and they ended up cancelling my orders, unfortunately.

Giving him an apprentice was an attempt to deal with some of those issues. He'd have to mature in order to teach while also being able to let go once she became a full knight.
Exactly.

Besides, the clone wars presented a way more likeable Anakin than the films conveyed. He showed alot of the good qualities that Ben Kenobi was referencing. If you just go by the films he's constantly being selfish and egotistical.

The Clone wars made the narrative prequels better imo.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Another thing that doesn’t make sense is giving a padawan a military rank of commander when many of them were teenagers or younger.

That stood out to me as well. When Ahsoka started commanding her own platoons and ships, often making rookie mistakes that got clones needlessly killed, it seemed the Jedi didn’t value the lives of the clones.

You must not be that familiar with the PT and Clone Wars. Many padawans were knighted quickly to bolster the army and many knights were given padawans for the same reason. You could say these decisions were hasty or illogical and you would be right. As we know the Jedi Order in the prequels didn?t have the best track record for great decision making. Another thing that doesn?t make sense is giving a padawan a military rank of commander when many of them were teenagers or younger.

But that has nothing to do with Anakin being given one based on how he was treated and spoken about in the PT starting right with the TPM.

Just face it ROTS made zero mention of Ashoka, Maul or the Mandalorians not even the council brought up Maul.

So Maul was alive, the council knew about it YET in ROTS the sith were treated as some big mystery it makes no sense lol

Big battle on the Mandalorian home world with Maul, an ex jedi and clones involved yet no mention of it in ROTS wut!

TCW season 7 tie in with ROTS was so forced because it simply didn?t exist when ROTS was made.

Re: Hasbro legends 6" sw figures

View attachment 486249

Definitely better. Also notice the color. Ahsoka looks more black than orange... Is that a hint as to her appearance in the Mando?? Maybe Rosario won't be wearing body paint after all. Is Ahsoka now black? That would really suck ass and be ********.

Actually glad I have the original. I want my Ahsoka to be orange.. :pfft:

So the original is on the right yeah? When I first saw this comparison I thought the newer on had lighter skin and I nearly ordered because of that (my original is still in the box). If the original is on the right, it?s the better version!!

But that has nothing to do with Anakin being given one based on how he was treated and spoken about in the PT starting right with the TPM.

Just face it ROTS made zero mention of Ashoka, Maul or the Mandalorians not even the council brought up Maul.

So Maul was alive, the council knew about it YET in ROTS the sith were treated as some big mystery it makes no sense lol

Big battle on the Mandalorian home world with Maul, an ex jedi and clones involved yet no mention of it in ROTS wut!

TCW season 7 tie in with ROTS was so forced because it simply didn?t exist when ROTS was made.

Palpatine tie in with TROS was so forced because it simply didn’t exist when TFA and TLJ was made.

I truly don’t get you Jye. You bash everything PT, but when those same complaints can be said verbatim for the ST... *crickets*

Yes Asoka and the events of Clone Wars are all retrospective but they do fit in pretty well with ROTS.

We see the tail end of 2 - 3 Jedi Council meetings in ROTS. These details could easily have been discussed along with the other unmentioned battles taking place around the galaxy.

If at all, maybe the Mandalorians and a Sith they had killed once before were considered lower priority to the recent attack on the capital, Palpatine's powers, and ending the war completely.

Wait what did you expect them to do lol

But that’s the point of the whole series, they add in stuff that we were unaware of or didn’t know existed so that we have more content to go and digest. And the whole mystery about the sith was who the real sith master was, and it obviously wasn’t maul.

Retcon has been apart of SW since ROTJ, if not even ESB. Of course we know Ahsoka wasn?t invented during the filming of ROTS. Leia wasn?t planned to be the other skywalker either but stories change and adapt. Ahsoka and the Mandalore battle aren?t high on the Council?s radar because two major events happened/will happen: the Chancellor was kidnapped/Dooku died and Grievous was killed essentially ending the CW. The battle of Mandalore wasn?t even officially sanctioned because it was covertly led by Ahsoka and Rex with only part of the 501st. So why would the Jedi Council talk about a battle they know nothing about and why would they need to mention Ahsoka while they were fixated on the Chancellor and the war? By the time events unfold and Order 66 is underway there is no time to even consider Ahsoka, the order is collapsing and it is urgent to deal with Sidious and Vader as well as prevent returning Jedi from trying to return to the temple. Perhaps Yoda or Obi-wan could have discussed Ahsoka but she wasn?t part of the order and they probably didn?t think she could handle defeating Anakin.

Pretty much agree with the above.

By the time Ahsoka even leaves for Mandalore, Dooku has been killed. Right after Maul's capture, things are already tense with Anakin and abd the clones are about to commit order 66.

We know Filoni and crew didnt have an easy task sandwiching these events and these characters to a pre-existing universe and timeline. The original vision of Star Wars didnt include a majority of what we got but I think they did a flawless job of splicing this into what we already know to have happened and in a way where it makes sense that Ahsoka or Maul wouldn't necessarily be the focal point of the story at the time. They sort of fall through the cracks with everything going on.

It certainly doesn't rube me as strangely as obi wan now not recognizing threepio or r2d2 in a new hope now after everything he's been through with those droids, especially r2. It still bothers me that they had Anakin create threepio and do so many missions with r2 because all I want now from the OT is a second of acknowledgment from Vader to the droids lol.

Anyway, I think clone wars did so much good for the prequels and the overall story. It made Anakin a better backstory for Vader. It gave us one of the best Star wars characters ever in Ahsoka. Having the perspective of the clones is wonderful. It bolstered the world building and mythos of star wars. And other characters got to shine that the movies didnt spend any time on (Plo Koon, Luminara, Bariss, Maul, etc.)

It's very clear that ROTS was made prior to the CW series. No mention of Ahsoka, Maul and Mandalore? That's easy for me to understand IMO, they were already distracted by Greivous and the 'capture' of Chancellor Palpatine. Following right after this, everything started falling into place with Sidious that they didn't need to discuss matters in Mandalore and Maul, it wasn't priority.

It's also worth mentioning in regards to your comment about the Sith still being treated as a mystery, Maul isn't a Sith in CW/ROTS. He's just a darkside user. Hence being called Maul and not Darth Maul.

With Ahsoka being a non Jedi, Maul not being a Sith, and the issue taking place on Mandalore, a place that is not part of the Republic, the Council did not treat the situation as a priority to what they were currently dealing with IMO.

In my opinion they did an excellent job of making the stakes feel real and the story impactful. Of course they couldn't directly tie into existing movies since those were already created without knowing that the show would exist. If you look at a show like Marvel's Agents of SHIELD, the show-runners were more aware of their inability to tie into the major motion pictures so they basically didn't, aside from the occasional reference or impact from an event in the movies. The show completely lived in the shadow of the movies where Clone Wars didn't play it so safely.

Back