Hasbro 6" Black Series Star Wars line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I never got the SDCC versin, which was a bummer. Love them to do a re-release. Just don't use the shiny card back.

The 40th Anniversary re-releases have prompted a mini-battle within me. On the one hand, I want a vintage carded tie pilot and at-at driver, as the cards are so iconic. But, neither figure is good. The At-at Driver is ok, but has 'sad face' and the tie pilot figure looks highly inaccurate in almost every way. So, damn.

Yeah, I repainted the ATAT driver helmet a bit but the sculpt isn't great.

Ll3b1yv.jpg

And I tried to get that SDCC Fett but it's crazy to pay $100 for a single 6" fig. Hopefullu yeah they reissue it on a regular non-metal card. I would love to have that fig - imo one of the best 6" figs they have ever done. Brilliant idea for a fig too.

I thought I saw Fett being rumored for the third ESB 40th wave, along with Darth Vader and others according to Yakface.

Indeed! Yakface is pretty reliable with his leaks so I'm pretty sure we'll get that third ESB 40th wave with Vader, Fett, Snowtrooper, and Dagobah Training Luke. I'm tempted to sell or trade off my Archive Fett w/Retro Protection case as I won't need it with an ESB carded Fett on the horizon. But always cautious I am, so I'm still holding onto it. :p I did however sell my Archive Yoda as the ESB Yoda will be a nice replacement.

what did you do with the at-at driver helmet? Definitely less sad face on yours. Just the 'mouth' part or the whole helmet? Looks better for sure..

I just repainted the mouth and eye lenses, plus touched up a few areas where the machine paint didn't quite land right.

Does the Fett that came with Han in Carbonite have any worth in the collecting community these days?

Looking at eBay sold prices, the cheapest one went for about $170 and a lot for $230+. So yeah, it's pretty desired. They never released Han in carbonite separately.

Looking at eBay sold prices, the cheapest one went for about $170 and a lot for $230+. So yeah, it's pretty desired. They never released Han in carbonite separately.

Are those prices for the set? Or just for Fett?
i bought it when released but only got it for Han.
It’s the best carbonite block so far. But Fett is still sitting in the box, lol.

Re: Hasbro legends 6" sw figures

They said they'd release the carbonite block alone at some point... but that never seemed to come to fruition. I'd assume that the ESB anniversary would be the best window to do that.

They said they'd release the carbonite block alone at some point... but that never seemed to come to fruition. I'd assume that the ESB anniversary would be the best window to do that.

All I meant was that I only bought the set for the Block.
So I wouldn’t mind selling off Fett.
If they re-release the block, I’d likely get a spare, lol.

All I meant was that I only bought the set for the Block.
So I wouldn?t mind selling off Fett.
If they re-release the block, I?d likely get a spare, lol.
Ah I was just throwing my two cents in the ring on the subject. No direction haha. But if I had the means at the time I would have considered doing the same.

Honestly I'm genuinely surprised no one took to casting the block and selling unpainted resin ones. I feel like that'd be one hell of a market. Or even KO's out of China. Just never happened.

Ah I was just throwing my two cents in the ring on the subject. No direction haha. But if I had the means at the time I would have considered doing the same.

Honestly I'm genuinely surprised no one took to casting the block and selling unpainted resin ones. I feel like that'd be one hell of a market. Or even KO's out of China. Just never happened.

It's a bit fiddly.
It would take pressure casting equipment to make sure the fingers were properly cast.
But i see what you mean.
It's also the square block, not the angled ESB one. So there are inaccuracies.

They do, they are on ebay as I type. That's how I got mine.

That would honestly be one of the easiest items to cast. The hands should cast fine, it's the small details on the side of the block that would have the most chance for bubbles, but I have a pressure chamber so that wouldn't be a concern.

Would people be interested in a carbonite block like it looked after Han fell out of it? After I carve out a spot where Han was, I could cast it in transparent red plastic, then paint it with silver. So if you lit it from behind it would glow reddish like the movie.

Ive been thinking about doing that in 1/6, lol.
I’m making the main block in both the designs.
But it will be way bigger than the sideshow one.

They do, they are on ebay as I type. That's how I got mine.

It's a bit fiddly.
It would take pressure casting equipment to make sure the fingers were properly cast. But i see what you mean.It's also the square block, not the angled ESB one. So there are inaccuracies.
That would honestly be one of the easiest items to cast. The hands should cast fine, it's the small details on the side of the block that would have the most chance for bubbles, but I have a pressure chamber so that wouldn't be a concern.

Would people be interested in a carbonite block like it looked after Han fell out of it? After I carve out a spot where Han was, I could cast it in transparent red plastic, then paint it with silver. So if you lit it from behind it would glow reddish like the movie.

[edit] WTF? Why can't I edit it so Usernames single post appears together?

Are those prices for the set? Or just for Fett?
i bought it when released but only got it for Han.
It’s the best carbonite block so far. But Fett is still sitting in the box, lol.

The whole set. Fett has been released several times already. People want the entire set, box etc.

It’s bad enough I can’t find any new waves in my stores, but thanks to this crisis, who knows how long until I see anything new ..maybe not until next fall or beyond :slap

On the plus side ..Hasbro is shipping my snake eyes tomorrow :yess:

Back