Hasbro 6" Black Series Star Wars line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks! The model kit is definitely better, without even owning the model kit lol. Its good but not great. Joints are a little loose which makes some poses hard to keep

Yeah, it looks like an ok figure, but the size is turning me off, and Im leaning towards passing on him.

I have the Bandai kit, just deciding if I want to go all out with a full paint job, or just put him together and weather the bare plastic..

Yeah, it looks like an ok figure, but the size is turning me off, and Im leaning towards passing on him.

I have the Bandai kit, just deciding if I want to go all out with a full paint job, or just put him together and weather the bare plastic..

I’d just weather him and dullcote him, butvthats because I don’t trust myself to not F it up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Roger Roger

Ocs2fCf.jpg

Sweet, thanks Screamingmetal!

I still haven't gotten a Mimban Han (haven't been able to find one at a good price). Sorry to hear you're getting wonky paint apps, is it Han's UV printed face that they keep messing up? I too just ordered Mace from Amazon, fingers crossed he arrives ok.

I got a gundam panel liner pen off Amazon for dirt cheap, just a few bucks, I'd recommend that.

The first one's head was pulled from the mold a little wonky so it's just a bit misshaped even after trying to reheat and shape it myself, the print on that head looks good though. The second one had the print registry of the head slightly off to the left side but the head isn't misshaped.
I saw a Mace at Target weeks ago that had really bad paint, hoping we have a little luck on Mace from Amazon which was supposed to arrive Apr. 16, now it's this Monday. Any money I might've used on a paint pen is now called for until next paycheck, but I'll pick one up then thanks for the recommendation.

Thanks man, much appreciated! I kinda messed my shoretrooper up a bit to be honest. I was experimenting with paint, went a bit too heavy on him and ended up softening some details - doh!

for weathering though, i just use a mix of the cheap craft paint with water. Still figuring out this stuff though, hopefully I’ll get better!

Still looks subtle enough to look good. One thing I notice when looking at pictures of the armor for weathering reference is that for some reason, they like to place solid black scuff marks on the Shoretrooper armor like reg. Stormtroopers regardless of environment. Sandtroopers in ANH for instance had none, but they're on this one.

I’d just weather him and dullcote him, butvthats because I don’t trust myself to not F it up

Buy a cheap Bandai Model kit for practice. I've been practicing on a Force Awakens Stormtrooper I got on the cheap, that guy looks like he literately walked through hell, best I can do to make him look cool.

Buy a cheap Bandai Model kit for practice. I've been practicing on a Force Awakens Stormtrooper I got on the cheap, that guy looks like he literately walked through hell, best I can do to make him look cool.

I weathered up a snowspeeder as my first attempt, I have an at st also that I primed and going to attempt a proper paint job so maybe after that I’ll attempt to properly paint job for the grievous. Not the greatest weathering job but I’m ok with it.
d71ea05b33d4d48bcb54b25925b36132.jpg

Some great pics in this thread....well done all.

I have a few figures on their way form Dorkside Toys....Padme, Mace, Battle Droid and Holdo....skipped MudTrooper Han and Dryden as I don't collect from the stand alone movies.

Mace arrived today, perfect sculpt & paint.

Nitpicks would be; despite having shoulder joints, he still has a difficult time holding the lightsaber in both hands; he has no upward ankle articulation. But overall a fantastic figure.

Re: Hasbro legends 6" sw figures

As I just posted on the Fwoosh forum, one for the UK collectors - I just discovered Zoom.co.uk has a small selection of 6" BS figures available to order, seems to be just the Mace Windu wave and the Archive wave. £19.99 each with free shipping, also code SIGNUP10 takes a further 10% off, so I ordered Mace and the Battle Droid for just under £36 all-in. Not quite a bargain but relatively cheap for the UK. If and when they'll turn up, I don't know! (I have bought Blu-rays off them before, they're a legit business).

Received Padme, Mace, Holdo and a Battle Droid from DorksideToys today...really happy with all of them. This new face printing tech is really working well.

Back