Hasbro 6" Black Series Star Wars line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got a stash of these delivered the other day...six figures all up and not a dud between them.

Dengar and Skiff Lando would have to be my favorites....Hasbro really did a bang up job on these.:clap:yess:

Rebel Fleet Trooper is also very nice as is Zuckuss and Hoth Leia...the surprise though was Quicksilver baton Captain Phasma. The detail on the battle damage is really nicely done. I was totally expecting to not like the figure as I did not think they could do the exposed eye well...but bugger me if they did not nail it.

Man, the most recent SWB series might be one of my favorites. I love getting characters I didn't think I would. And even though I'm not a huge fan of the prequels, the characters look great overall and Padme, Mace, and the Battle Droid are amazing additions. The level of detail and likeness on a character like Dryden Voss really elevates the figure for me. He looks great! And the Mudtrooper Han... so glad I got two of those. One for Han and one for a generic trooper.

Enlight1107.jpg

Admiral Holdo's dress looked a bit of a mess at first at the top. But I just gently pulled off the collar/cape combo and put it on TOP of the dress and it looks SO much better to me. It's not quite screen accurate to the way the dress looks in the movie. There's some collar showing between the collar and the dress. But there was no way that dress was going to effectively achieve that look as is. I'm very happy with these results. Pew pew!

Enlight1109.jpg

This Padme is great, I'm glad I have this and the Figuarts version. I cannot get mine to hold the E-5 blaster at all. Would have been nice if the hood could go up, or there was a swappable torso with a ripped shirt but those are small gripes. Really solid figure and I hope we get more prequel figures.

5t6Hccc.jpg

This Padme is great, I'm glad I have this and the Figuarts version. I cannot get mine to hold the E-5 blaster at all. Would have been nice if the hood could go up, or there was a swappable torso with a ripped shirt but those are small gripes. Really solid figure and I hope we get more prequel figures.

5t6Hccc.jpg

When did they re-cast Marion Cotillard as Padme?

5t6Hccc.jpg

I dont mean to ask an obvious question lol, but; Did you try the alternate hand she comes with? Its specifically for the droid blaster and fits perfectly

I dont mean to ask an obvious question lol, but; Did you try the alternate hand she comes with? Its specifically for the droid blaster and fits perfectly

Haha yes I did, I think because of how mine was packed into the slot, it was pinched. I just couldn't get the grip apart enough for the handle to fit, her hand ejects the blaster out after holding it for just seconds. No biggie, I won't have her holding it anyways, it's scene specific for her more tattered look in the arena.

Maybe you could try soaking the troublesome hand in warm water for a minute then positioning it the way you want it as it cools?

Received Bespin Escape Leia yesterday....beautiful looking figure. Hopefully now they have the headsculpt they will do a Bespin Gown Leia.

Oof, and the Bandai feels a little bit small already. Doesn't have a terrible soft goods cape either. What went wrong?

I actually like the soft goods cape on Grevious. It's 2019, no one should be making plastic molded capes for figures, they look terrible and have zero functionality. Granted this cape and all soft goods stuff like this should have wires for posing. Since most of the SH Figuarts and Bandai Model kits are essentially the same thing, I imagine the eventual SHF Grevious also will be on the small side, bummer.

I actually like the soft goods cape on Grevious. It's 2019, no one should be making plastic molded capes for figures, they look terrible and have zero functionality. Granted this cape and all soft goods stuff like this should have wires for posing. Since most of the SH Figuarts and Bandai Model kits are essentially the same thing, I imagine the eventual SHF Grevious also will be on the small side, bummer.

Actually, the SHF and model kits are quite different from each other. Compare any of the troopers and the differences are very clear, especially in size/scale. I imagine the SHF Grievous will be more comparable in size to the Hasbro, but the quality should be much better on the SHF if history repeats.

Actually, the SHF and model kits are quite different from each other. Compare any of the troopers and the differences are very clear, especially in size/scale. I imagine the SHF Grievous will be more comparable in size to the Hasbro, but the quality should be much better on the SHF if history repeats.

I have many of the Bandai model kits and SHF figures, droids seem to be identical. Troopers are near identical with some slight differences in materials and design. Especially Stormtroopers, the Bandai kits are incredible yet we've gotten 2 different SHF Stormtroopers and neither are as good as the Bandai kits. I almost always prefer the model kits (they're fun to build/paint) but for hero characters I tend to go with SHF or even Mafex (their Boba Fetts are unmatched). I didn't get the Bandai Grevious because of the plastic cape, and seeing that the Black Series doesn't fit in scale I don't think swapping capes would work so I'll be waiting for the SHF version.

I have many of the Bandai model kits and SHF figures, droids seem to be identical. Troopers are near identical with some slight differences in materials and design. Especially Stormtroopers, the Bandai kits are incredible yet we've gotten 2 different SHF Stormtroopers and neither are as good as the Bandai kits. I almost always prefer the model kits (they're fun to build/paint) but for hero characters I tend to go with SHF or even Mafex (their Boba Fetts are unmatched). I didn't get the Bandai Grevious because of the plastic cape, and seeing that the Black Series doesn't fit in scale I don't think swapping capes would work so I'll be waiting for the SHF version.

Yep, the troopers are very different, in design, materials, and scale.

There haven't really been any non-armored bandai kits that I know of unless you count Grievous and the various droids, so comparisons are limited I suppose. Are the droids the same size and sculpt? I would think that would make threepio a bit out of scale with the rest of the SHF stuff, no?

Yep, the troopers are very different, in design, materials, and scale.

There haven't really been any non-armored bandai kits that I know of unless you count Grievous and the various droids, so comparisons are limited I suppose. Are the droids the same size and sculpt? I would think that would make threepio a bit out of scale with the rest of the SHF stuff, no?

The Threepio SHF and Bandai are close, there are slight differences to the design/build and size. The Bandai kit has a much better (more accurate) gold color. R2 seems to be identical, I don't have any comparison pics on my phone apparently. The han and luke in stormtrooper disguise Bandai kits are the same heads as the SHF figures with different paint apps. The only non armored Bandai kit I can think of is Yoda from the prequels, which I don't have. Wonder how close it is to the upcoming SHF Yoda?

Back