Hasbro 6" Black Series Star Wars line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And now they have you.......
Seriously my first reaction is not interested. Then ooh but I looks good, and there's only a few, and I won't buy them all.

Hasbro are being sharp here. Increased price point for collectors allowing the owing 3 3/4 line to reduce and probably continue with the less articulated figures.

Lego continues and sideshow hits the high end - again with the reduced output - and we suckers desperately hook the new line as our habit needs feeding.

They've had me since 1978...no sense in stopping now. I see myself colecting this line much like I do Sideshow's though...mainly stick to the major characters. I'm not gonna be buying 6" Ice Cream Maker Guy or Yarna...or every color of the rainbow Clone Troopers. :wink1:

notbadal.jpg

Looks great, hoping to see more figures being previewed at Toy Fair next month.

"Priced at $19.99 each, eight figures are planned for 2013 — Hasbro will primarily draw characters from the original Star Wars trilogy of films while also bringing in key players from the prequels."

"The Black Series appeals to those newbies who want to start a series from the start as well as those hardcore collectors who gobble up anything having to do with the words "Jedi" or "Empire" and "are looking for something new and their interest isn't as piqued by the 15th cantina alien we have yet to do," DePriest says. "We realize folks want their iconic characters delivered up in a new way."

This is a good approach to lure new collectors.

So Wave 1 in 2013 will include 8 figures.

Confirmed

1. Luke in X-Wing Fighter flight suit
2. R2-D2
3. Imperial Sandtrooper
4. Darth Maul

Speculation

5. Han Solo
6. C-3PO
7. Obi-Wan
8. Darth Vader

I'm interested, as long as Hasbro does quality work.... like the simplicity of the packaging. This may be the line a lot of adult collectors have wanted for a long time

I've very excited. I'll get all but the Sandtrooper from Wave 1 (waiting for a proper Stormtrooper) and then we'll see from there. All about the core A New Hope People and certain looks from the others like the Jedi Luke with cloak.

I'm a big fan of 1/12 scale figures. Will get all of these if their as good as what the previewed Luke looks.

Same here, big fan of 6" figures. And now I can be even more selective than I was when I was collecting 1/6. Will be getting Darth Maul and R2 from the first wave depending on how they come out

Well...I have never been one to care if the figure looks like the actor so I think X-Wing Luke looks great. I may venture back out of the Sideshow 1:6 scale stuff to pick up the first set on a trial basis.

I would certainly like to see the rest of the first set, though.

Patiently awaiting the 6" scale X-Wing to accompany this Luke. That would look pretty cool on display.

I'll kick and scream and complain and drool over these at SDCC and alas, be hooked on the plastic crack once again :(

I'll kick and scream and complain and drool over these at SDCC and alas, be hooked on the plastic crack once again :(

:clap

Giggled. I know I will end up with the droids and vader and. Fett and a stormy.

Blast it ....

I've been dreaming for a reason to start collecting Star Wars figures again. I couldn't be happier to find out about these! I outgrew the 3 3/4 because of the 'kiddie-ness'. IMO X wing Luke looks really good. I would imagine Hasbro won't go the vehicle route as these are intended for the 'adult collector'. I can't wait to see whats in store for this line. Hopefully ToyFair will shed some light.

Last edited:
Back