Hasbro 6" Black Series Star Wars line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hasbro has gone up a huge notch in my book with their improvements lately. Figuarts, Mafex, and Mezco 1/12 figures are super nice, no doubt about it, but honestly the higher prices defeat the purpose of collecting smaller action figures for me.

If money wasnt an issue, I would have stuck with 1/6 stuff and called it a day lol

Hasbro is still not there IMO..yes the technology has leaped for BS, but I still think they need to go with a better plastic, that gummy material needs to go for the joints :slap

Hasbro is still not there IMO..yes the technology has leaped for BS, but I still think they need to go with a better plastic, that gummy material needs to go for the joints :slap

Yeah, they're definitely not perfect by any means, and probably never will be. But for the cost of the figures, this is the quality I expect and am happy with paying for. The most important thing to me is that they look good on the shelf :)

Yeah, they're definitely not perfect by any means, and probably never will be. But for the cost of the figures, this is the quality I expect and am happy with paying for. The most important thing to me is that they look good on the shelf :)

Jania is exceptional in my book, and I'm hoping IJ Rey follows the trend..from that review, I see it but I'm still hoping Figuarts still releases something similar because the Jedi Rey from figurarts has raised the bar IMO. I think they should have saved the TRU cloth Jedi Rey until after they did the IJ face print and incorporate it in the exclusive at TRU.

Even with the gummy material having that face print at that price point is huge win for collectors.

I’m ok with Hasbro cutting corners somewhere else on the figure when the head looks that great on a $25 figure.

Sure SH and Mafex will up their game now that’s how competition works but at what cost.

It is all kinds of wrong paying $70-$80 for a freaking single 6” action figure even divorce attorneys would cringe if they saw you being robbed like that.

Even with the gummy material having that face print at that price point is huge win for collectors.

I’m ok with Hasbro cutting corners somewhere else on the figure when the head looks that great on a $25 figure.

Sure SH and Mafex will up their game now that’s how competition works but at what cost.

It is all kinds of wrong paying $70-$80 for a freaking single 6” action figure even divorce attorneys would cringe if they saw you being robbed like that.

I hear ya, but it makes no sense..Hasbro makes both ML and BS and yet they make the plastic harder in ML. I can only think it’s because ML are superheroes with muscles and biceps and SW characters really don’t have muscles..still that’s no excuse :pfft:

I hear ya, but it makes no sense..Hasbro makes both ML and BS and yet they make the plastic harder in ML. I can only think it’s because ML are superheroes with muscles and biceps and SW characters really don’t have muscles..still that’s no excuse :pfft:

This may not be the case here, but typically softer plastic is used to have greater sculptural detail. Since the majority of Marvel Legends is based on the comic book appearance of their characters, they can use a less detailed harder plastic. Hasbro's Star Wars is almost entirely based on real people in costumes so maybe they use a softer more detailed plastic instead.
I don't have any modern Hasbro Marvel movie figures, I'm curious if the same soft high detail plastic is being used on those figures as that being used on the BS figures.

For $20 these are pretty good, but they'll never be Figuarts killers. Island Journey Rey has a great head sculpt, but look down a bit and you'll see the ugly neck joint. And the articulation on these is never going to rival Figuarts either.

Was considering old man Luke from Figuarts, but I nabbed the black series for 1/6 that price, and Rey for half that too!
Left over Black series have been going for half price and they have all toys get a second for half again!

Well, I received my Jaina Solo figure from Amazon, they sent it in a padded envelope and as a result, the box was smashed. The paint on my figure is acceptable accept for a large red spot on her cheek. I tried getting a replacement but they're out of these at Amazon so they would only allow me to apply the amount of this figure to something else in my cart or get a refund. Ugh!

I'm going to have to find this somewhere else and then try to get my refund somehow. Typical Amazon, no care for proper packaging, just throw it out the door as quickly as possible!
:gah:

Well, I received my Jaina Solo figure from Amazon, they sent it in a padded envelope and as a result, the box was smashed. The paint on my figure is acceptable accept for a large red spot on her cheek. I tried getting a replacement but they're out of these at Amazon so they would only allow me to apply the amount of this figure to something else in my cart or get a refund. Ugh!

I'm going to have to find this somewhere else and then try to get my refund somehow. Typical Amazon, no care for proper packaging, just throw it out the door as quickly as possible!
:gah:

Ugh. That sucks. Are you A MIB collector? I always thought Amazon was kind of horrific for that. Between padded envelopes or folding cards to get it to fit into boxes... not great. Thankfully, I open all my stuff up so it doesn't phase me.

Ugh. That sucks. Are you A MIB collector? I always thought Amazon was kind of horrific for that. Between padded envelopes or folding cards to get it to fit into boxes... not great. Thankfully, I open all my stuff up so it doesn't phase me.

Whether I open or leave MIB really depends on the figure. Usually the figures that I pick up on sale are openers, I have a ton of Toybiz ML that I opened so that gets posed on the shelf for a time then ends up in a box which makes me wish that I left them in the box in the first place.

I've actually had pretty good luck with Amazon figures. I bought the Marvel retro Punisher and Black Widow which came in boxes and perfect packaging, but I wanted to open those, the Retro Spider-Man on the other hand, I wanted to keep MIB but it arrived in an envelope and damaged, go figure!

With Jaina, I could go either way, but like I mentioned, there's that red spot of paint on her cheek that's irritating me when I look at it, so I'd open and just keep it if that wasn't there. I'll have to hunt another down and just send the Amazon one back for a refund.

Which one's that? I haven't been paying attention to this line...

Either the 40th anniversary Darth Vader that came with the display dirorama or the #43 Darth Vader that came in wave 12.
You can find the 40th Anniv. version occasionally on deep discount, but #43 is the same figure that you can get for even less right now.
It's $15 on Amazon with free 2 day prime shipping:
https://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Darth-Action-Figure/dp/B01FVZ38AW

I have the #43 version and it's great, better than the SH Figuarts or Mafex versions.

Whether I open or leave MIB really depends on the figure. Usually the figures that I pick up on sale are openers,
With Jaina, I could go either way, but like I mentioned, there's that red spot of paint on her cheek that's irritating me when I look at it, so I'd open and just keep it if that wasn't there. I'll have to hunt another down and just send the Amazon one back for a refund.

To follow up on this, I decided wth and opened my Jaina Solo. I figured if I can't do anything about that splotch of red paint, I can just reseal the figure and send it back since the box was so smashed in anyways, I doubt Amazon would try to resell the figure the way I received it. I took the figure out and grabbed my jewelers visor and exacto knife then went to town very carefully scraping away the paint. It looks great now, softened the joints in some warm water and all the joints move and did not break so I'm keeping the figure and throwing away the box.
Only issue is that the head cannot tilt forward or back but I believe that's due to the hair. Hasbro made a great figure though!

Back