Hasbro 6" Black Series Star Wars line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fate.

I had refused to buy the Vader at $40-$45 not even at $34 with a TrU sale that DiFabio had advised me about (cool dude or what) or during the 5/4 sale.

I didn't need the cardboard backdrop.

I'm at Walmart right now and I see this, just 1:

View attachment 342307

Oh Oh someone at WM screwed up!

I ring it up and as expected it comes up as $40!

I speak with the manager and she says that yes they screwed up but she honors the advertised price and I got my Vader for $20.

She says to me while i'm paying:

"I don't know if you realize this but you just lucked out big time regarding this item"

lol
Total steal. Congratulations jye! You keeping him boxed or are you planning on opening him up?

Fate.

I had refused to buy the Vader at $40-$45 not even at $34 with a TrU sale that DiFabio had advised me about (cool dude or what) or during the 5/4 sale.

I didn't need the cardboard backdrop.

I'm at Walmart right now and I see this, just 1:

View attachment 342307

Oh Oh someone at WM screwed up!

I ring it up and as expected it comes up as $40!

I speak with the manager and she says that yes they screwed up but she honors the advertised price and I got my Vader for $20.

She says to me while i'm paying:

"I don't know if you realize this but you just lucked out big time regarding this item"

lol

So You only saw this one and it rang up to $40..hmmm

Means somebody messed with the box set more than likely..still you lucked out getting it for half off :)

grats jye - it's a fine ass figure!

That he is :hi5:

Total steal. Congratulations jye! You keeping him boxed or are you planning on opening him up?

Boxed then in the fall i'll buy him during his regular release to open and pose.

So You only saw this one and it rang up to $40..hmmm

Means somebody messed with the box set more than likely..still you lucked out getting it for half off :)

Oh definately the big box was messed with and it was nowhere in sight either it was just him hanging there so bizarre.

Re: Hasbro legends 6" sw figures

Just found Obi Wan in the wild at Miejers. Pretty pumped (they also had a Luke, R2 and Leia). Does Obi's LS blade comes out from the hilt and sit on his belt? I tried tugging it but I don't want to break it (that's what she said).

179782280a7201f77198466a507e260b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just found Obi Wan in the wild at Miejers. Pretty pumped (they also had a Luke, R2 and Leia). Does Obi's LS blade comes out from the hilt and sit on his belt? I tried tugging it but I don't want to break it (that's what she said).

179782280a7201f77198466a507e260b.jpg

Great setup but it's almost a mis mash of Figuarts, Mafex and BS , which goes to show how Hasbro is a hit or miss :rotfl

Great setup but it's almost a mis mash of Figuarts, Mafex and BS , which goes to show how Hasbro is a hit or miss :rotfl

It's actually SH, BS and revoltech but otherwise, you are correct. This has been the first series that I've liked their human sculpts. Doesn't hurt that SH is in no hurry to complete the original cast. :)

It's actually SH, BS and revoltech but otherwise, you are correct. This has been the first series that I've liked their human sculpts. Doesn't hurt that SH is in no hurry to complete the original cast. :)

BS is slowly improving but Figuarts have cornered the market in overall likeness in human HS for the most part, Hasbro has still got some growing pains left in that category, however nobody can beat BS pricing..but then again, you get what you pay for. Too bad Figuarts is always under scaled for 1/12, they need to get out of body class of DBZ and Kamen Rider and develop bigger scaled body molds :lecture

Kind of feel for Hasbro, I'm sure they want to compete with Figuarts in design and technology but if they acquire such equipment it will take more time and they will have to raise the BS pricing due to the stronger development process of a better HS sand body type and articulation and too which the method of mass producing figures for retail for all ages will suffer :slap

Last edited:
Definitely isolated cases for those prices.. The day I saw that I went to 3 Walgreens, only 1 had 2 Luke's and a Leia, but they were full price at $20, no markdown.

Well technically he is 6.8 inches lol

I'm now home with my Vader, today was a WIN.

View attachment 342314

View attachment 342313

Congrats!

What's crazy is I found the same thing yesterday morning in Watchung, NJ Walmart. I already have Vader but out of curiousity I scanned him and same thing - he came up $40. I put him back on the shelf for some intrepid collector to haggle over.

Also, picked up wave 2 @ TRU today. :yess:

Wave 1 was gone at my local Target long before the street date was even reached, thanks to people getting the DCPIs. :lol

Hopefully that won't be an issue here. I need 'dat Sand People.

I got these in New Jersey yesterday so they must have hit the rest of the US already. At least that's how it usually seems to work.

View attachment 342546

Nice score! They havent shown up anywhere for me (Los Angeles area), but I'm thinking on just ordering a case from BBTS or something to make it easier.

Interesting, those jawas look like 2 different variations, I had no idea they did that! Or am I just seeing things?

Nice score! They havent shown up anywhere for me (Los Angeles area), but I'm thinking on just ordering a case from BBTS or something to make it easier.

Interesting, those jawas look like 2 different variations, I had no idea they did that! Or am I just seeing things?

I think the Jawas are the same but the combination of movable parts and crap photography does make them appear diffrrent there. I'll take a closer look later.

It's funny you mention BBTS - I had the wave preordered and hurriedly cancelled on my phone once I took these off the pegs. :panic: I was sure I would open my email to see they had already charged me.

Back