Hasbro 6" Black Series Star Wars line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is the current Vader 6 scale inch lineup, minus the SHF because he is too short. Which is best?? Hard to say, as each one represents a different film and Vader had some costume changes through the films. The New MAFEX is faithful to the ROTS suit except the helmet geometry is off to be ROTS accurate. Still a fun figure to pose. The two black series are ANH and ESB and replicate the look accurately. The older Mafex captures the ROTJ version well and again is very posable and fun. My personal fave is the BS ANH just because that has always been my favorite suit and when I made my costume, it was the design I used.

20170508_085257-1.jpg

Why is the 6-inch Lando all over eBay (from US sellers), but it doesn't seem like it was available to preorder at the normal sites? I know Hasbro distribution sucks, but are they really this bad?

Think Geek store opened next to where I live. Just got back from there, they had maybe 10 GameStop Ex. 40th Ann' R5-D4, so picked up 2.
Didn't know TG were affiliated with GS.

Re: Hasbro legends 6" sw figures

I've got two R5's if anyone wants to make a trade. I'm currently looking for R2... I've got the original release but would like to have the vintage card back as well.
40305e4c31a8b93a36fefdc13332c6c9.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

I'm still looking for a Darth Revan, does anyone still see this figure on the pegs or has the black series moved on and I'll have to look on ebay for one?

I'm still looking for a Darth Revan, does anyone still see this figure on the pegs or has the black series moved on and I'll have to look on ebay for one?
I never saw that one in store. I ordered it online.

I've got two R5's if anyone wants to make a trade. I'm currently looking for R2... I've got the original release but would like to have the vintage card back as well.

Do those GameStop stickers come off?

Yes. You need to heat them up for a few seconds with a hairdryer and they will peel off.
Warning to people who want to do this - Don't overheat it, or you will deform the blister.

Think Geek store opened next to where I live. Just got back from there, they had maybe 10 GameStop Ex. 40th Ann' R5-D4, so picked up 2.
Didn't know TG were affiliated with GS.

Gamestop bought ThinkGeek a couple of years ago.

The sticker comes off of the R5 but it leaves a residue that doesn't come off. If you try to wet it or use goo gone it ruins the card. So best you can do is remove the sticker and deal with the residue. It's a dry residue so it won't get on anything.

I never saw that one in store. I ordered it online.

Yeah, it looks like I'll either have to pay $10-$15 over retail for one now, or wait for Hasbro to inevitably re-release it.

dude im right there with you, never saw any of that wave and im dying for a revan

I heard from a guy at TRU that he got his at the local Best Buy. When I went there they had one 40th Anniv. Vader and one Sabine Wren. I picked up the Sabine and will wait for the Vader without the stand. You might want to also look there, it's the only place I've seen that wave. TRU is stocked to the gills with excl. AT-ACT Drivers at the moment.

By the way, my wife picked up an R5 for me today and our store got 85 of them!!! The manager was even sending some to another store to get rid of some. So Hasbro is deliberately causing a false scarcity with figures lately.

Prototype fett for that?

Yeah, it looks like I'll either have to pay $10-$15 over retail for one now, or wait for Hasbro to inevitably re-release it.

I heard from a guy at TRU that he got his at the local Best Buy. When I went there they had one 40th Anniv. Vader and one Sabine Wren. I picked up the Sabine and will wait for the Vader without the stand. You might want to also look there, it's the only place I've seen that wave. TRU is stocked to the gills with excl. AT-ACT Drivers at the moment.

I would actually be happy to pay $35 for revan if I could find that deal! Probably going to just nab a sabine off ebay before she goes up too, giving up on finding that wave in retail.

Tje orher ones Im dying to get are Chirrut and Baze, but they seem to be super scarce too!

I would actually be happy to pay $35 for revan if I could find that deal! Probably going to just nab a sabine off ebay before she goes up too, giving up on finding that wave in retail.

Tje orher ones Im dying to get are Chirrut and Baze, but they seem to be super scarce too!

Sabine Wren is available on Amazon right now for $22 which is very close to retail:
https://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Bl...F8&qid=1494308307&sr=8-1&keywords=sabine+wren

The lowest I've seen Darth Revan on Amazon was for $37, but it's now up to $43. Given time, Revan might dip back down towards $37(Amazon's always fluctuating prices).

Sabine Wren is available on Amazon right now for $22 which is very close to retail:
https://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Bl...F8&qid=1494308307&sr=8-1&keywords=sabine+wren

The lowest I've seen Darth Revan on Amazon was for $37, but it's now up to $43. Given time, Revan might dip back down towards $37(Amazon's always fluctuating prices).

Yeah Sabine hasnt gone up much at all thankfully - Im pretty sure if Revan wasnt in the wave, she would be the hot one though, he's stealing her thunder lol

So I've seen the same Black Series figures at my local Target for over a while now. The usual suspects, Cassian, Jyn, and the Target Ex AT-ACT Driver. I was wondering why they didn't ever seem to get anything new. One of the guys there finally explains to me that there are 1 or 2 individuals that come every week with a bunch of BS returns. Apparently they're creating false demand for their own local store by buying up inventory and returning it elsewhere. In this case my store.

I'm sure this isn't news to some of you, but it was to me. Can't say I am surprised at the lengths some "collectors" will go to get their fix but this is ridiculous. I guess I am more disappointed in the fact they clearly show no consideration for any other collectors. Dog eat dog world indeed.

Back