Has this happened to you before?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dcmarv

Super Freak
Reaction score
One of my acquaintances recently received a statue from SS, but opened it to find that the entire item was missing. Has this happened to you dudes before? I am not really sure of how SS handled this situation with him, but peeps in a similar situation, care to share? Really curious how this could've happened.

yes it has happened before. the exclusive tuskien raider comes to mind. SS will fix it. Just let them know.

they only included the exclusive rifle hand and not the regular.

EDIT: just re-read your post.

No, I do not ever recall an entire statue missing. You may be out of luck with that...

Maybe you can get proof from the shipping label if you run into a snag. Hopefully I describes the weight while being shipped at some point.

This sounds nuts. :lol

I'm not sure how SSC would handle this. Did the box look tampered with?

It's time to get those Meddling Kids involved and that Dog to, with the Mystery Machine :lol:lol:lol

Now that I said that, This really Sucks for your Friend DC, what was the statue that came up missing?, my fellow boardies made some valid points, it may take some investigating but IMO follow the trail back to SSC and there shipping Dept, like did the shipping weight change from them to your Friend, did it look like the Package had been tampered with if so then contact them with this info UPS and or FedX as to what happened, if it was a error on there behalf SSC, which I do not see how because any International Company worth there salt should be able to tell if a Package is full or empty, unless it walked out the Door there somehow, yet they may have received said statues in bulk from the Manufacturer or Paint and walked out the Door before it ever left that step in the process but I do not see how that happened, they should have some kind of QC to see if everything arrived according to the Manifest with No Breaks or Damage that may have Occurred, these are just some area's that I would start checking into.
Beware this may take some time, did the Curse of SSC QC rare it's Ugly Head up once again and your Friend got Screwed, but it is sad that Thieves are everywhere and Neglect on behalf of others not doing there jobs is past onto us

Hey Col and friends. Thanks for the advice, I'll tryta relate it to him. :lol

He's actually just a buyer of a few of my comiquettes, and he didn't mention what the statue was, but yeah I agree that this sounds crazy.

The biggest problem I find is that sideshow boxes... Particularly from Hot Toys say what's in the box! That always makes me paranoid

This worries me also especially when buying or selling older pieces that are very expensive. Every time the delivery guy comes I wonder if he is curious about what the contents of the box. Or if he really doesn't care and he's just trying to finish his route.

One of my acquaintances recently received a statue from SS, but opened it to find that the entire item was missing. Has this happened to you dudes before? I am not really sure of how SS handled this situation with him, but peeps in a similar situation, care to share? Really curious how this could've happened.

:horror could something like that ever happen? I mean a small part yes but an entire statue or complete empty box!? Thats is hard to believe :thud: However, i'm sure your friend will be entitled to Sideshows traditional $45 credit to be put back on your friends card OR $50 if he puts it towards another item on the SSC website! :lol

:horror could something like that ever happen? I mean a small part yes but an entire statue or complete empty box!? Thats is hard to believe :thud: However, i'm sure your friend will be entitled to Sideshows traditional $45 credit to be put back on your friends card OR $50 if he puts it towards another item on the SSC website! :lol

my guess is thieving deliverymen. :dunno Let's think about it. why steal a small part when you can have the whole thing? But I think your perspective might be that of factory errors. HOWEVER, I've only gotten lucky in terms of Sideshow factory errors. I mean, getting TWO grinning plant heads is a pretty good deal when you buy the Poison Ivy regular PF. Hee hee...

I'll be:

no-hell-no.gif

https://reactiongifs.me/no-hell-no/

HELL TO THE NO!!!!

Last edited:
I don't have any faith in sideshow to tell if a box is empty when they go to ship it lol. If they resist fixing this I would file a police report and send it to sideshow and tell them I want another.

I don't have any faith in sideshow to tell if a box is empty when they go to ship it lol. If they resist fixing this I would file a police report and send it to sideshow and tell them I want another.

Aint-Nobody-Got-Time-for-That.gif

Back