Has the bubble on Marvel PF's & Comiquettes popped?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
naamloosi.jpg

This also ended high

Similarly titled thread, I know, sorry.

3 auctions I was watching out of curiosity just ended at way below what I expected.

SS Green Goblin PF = $255
SS Iron Man comiquette = $560
SS Wolverine comiquette =$355

do these prices seem low to anyone else? Great time to buy IMO.

I guess the Shills/Pricing Police took the day off :rotfl

I was watching the Wolverine auction and it ended at $355 with reserve not met. If it sold for $355 I would have been upset with myself for not putting in a bid.

Reserves put a WHOLE new spin on the ending price. I usually won't even bother with an auction that has a reserve because, most of the time, the reserve is set higher than the item usually ends at.

Yeah, reserves have always lowered pricing for years because most people simply don't care to bid on them. Not that it isn't a great time to buy statues.

I think you guys are kidding yourselves if you think these things will be sought after or hold their value indefinitely.

Look what happened to sports cards and comics. Everything will eventually fall.

pretty much what I was going to post as well.

thats why you should buy what you LIKE.... even if its value tanks ...

i think is logic for all those statues.
wolverine,i do not like the sculpt at all.
green goblin,come one this piece is awful.
and the iron man comiquette with all the iron mans coming people sell to buy the new ones.

it also depends on the location. Some of these guys like to charge 150.00 for shipping, can you really expect someone to pay that much for shipping.?

The price drop on iron man could be because the hype is over for now.. wait till the new movie comes out.

Iron man is one of the bests comiquettes ever
but all these fakes have made find one legal almost impossible.
I think that is a reason for the price drop.
If sideshow made an im movie maquette 1/4 scale the old one would be about 800 dollars.

Nobody's buying like they used to, because of the terrible economy. Ebay sales are a prime example. Two years ago, you could name your price on a lot of stuff. Now, stuff just isn't moving that well.

Sure, you have the occasional person who will splurge in the face of the recession, but most people are being careful with how they spend right now. Usually those who splurge either have it to spare, or they find something so cheap that someone else is selling out of desperation, they snag it.

I think that is what we are seeing. Personally, I don't buy these things for their price to rise anyway. But I can understand the feeling of saying, 'Yeah, that Hulk over there in the corner is worth $800'. If the economic situation gets better, the prices will probably go back up.

Nobody's buying like they used to, because of the terrible economy. Ebay sales are a prime example. Two years ago, you could name your price on a lot of stuff. Now, stuff just isn't moving that well.

Sure, you have the occasional person who will splurge in the face of the recession, but most people are being careful with how they spend right now. Usually those who splurge either have it to spare, or they find something so cheap that someone else is selling out of desperation, they snag it.

I think that is what we are seeing. Personally, I don't buy these things for their price to rise anyway. But I can understand the feeling of saying, 'Yeah, that Hulk over there in the corner is worth $800'. If the economic situation gets better, the prices will probably go back up.
yeah,that's true!hope the prices drop even more to buy some good stuff...:naughty

The more in demand characters still seem to be doing OK.

I recently sold Captain America EX PF for $725 and a regular Wolverine Comiquette for $500. Others like Thor and Classic IM seem to be pretty low.

Ebay definitely is the better route if one needs to sell some statues. Don't get many bites on the board.

i hope the prices go down some day, but that is just because i dont have the room for Pf's and i plan on picking them up down the line. I did sell my cap ex for 375. so that sucked.

it also depends on the location. Some of these guys like to charge 150.00 for shipping, can you really expect someone to pay that much for shipping.?

The price drop on iron man could be because the hype is over for now.. wait till the new movie comes out.

Movies really don't do much for most comic pieces. Marvel is kinda of in story limbo with their comics too.Nothing to draw upon.

I recently sold Captain America EX PF for $725 and a regular Wolverine Comiquette for $500. Others like Thor and Classic IM seem to be pretty low.

Cap's price really fluctuates. I seen some go in the low $500's.

Look what happened to sports cards and comics. Everything will eventually fall.

yeah, and who helped ruin that franchise?... scalpers and lame variants to which being a completist was near impossible for some.

Agree comics bottom out because companies were producing too many book runs, like theres a million copies of X-men 1 floating around ( you all have a copy).... also variants, 1# books killed the market what reader wants to buy a comic for 70.00. People were buying comics like there buying stock... ah the 90's.

So basically the bottom fell out of the comic market same as hockey cards. The thing with statues is there limited, there numbered. If you look at things like cheris bears and crap you buy at hallmark that stuff does just tank. (because its numbered)

Also i find with alot of statues hits a low point then they rebound again once theirs a demand. Good example would be older Bowen statues, I have a some older bowen's i bought for dirt like colossus, then they go up. Even though at one time with was about 80.00 lower then retail.

Agree comics bottom out because companies were producing too many book runs, like theres a million copies of X-men 1 floating around ( you all have a copy).... also variants, 1# books killed the market what reader wants to buy a comic for 70.00. People were buying comics like there buying stock... ah the 90's.

So basically the bottom fell out of the comic market same as hockey cards. The thing with statues is there limited, there numbered. If you look at things like cheris bears and crap you buy at hallmark that stuff does just tank. (because its numbered)

Also i find with alot of statues hits a low point then they rebound again once theirs a demand. Good example would be older Bowen statues, I have a some older bowen's i bought for dirt like colossus, then they go up. Even though at one time with was about 80.00 lower then retail.

The silver age keys in high grade however never seem to slow down. Even in this economy high grade silver age marvels are still selling for record prices.

Back