Has anyone received their General Grievous 1:1 bust from a RETAILER???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dunno if it's STILL available.... But when I checked it on their website it was offered at $479. So I snagged it at the cheaper price..... But still no word on this :sick

We've received our Grievous 1/1 busts a few weeks ago. Sideshow usually charges for the order and ships it out in a few days - usually its within 4-5 business days. Maybe retailer charged you as soon as they got an email from Sideshow that they started processing busts (there is a big difference between Sideshow starting to process the orders and actually charging/sending them) and Sideshow still did not charge them?

Alexei

i got a call from my credit card company asking about the recent charge... it was for the Grievous Bust... i have charged things worth double... even triple over the last few months without ever getting a call, so why now?

i explained to them what it was (i recognised the charge by the amount, the name was not Monster in Motion)...

perhaps just an unfortunate coincidence, but i must be honest, something is starting to feel "off"

Yeah.... This is taking WAY too long. Almost a MONTH already after being charged and STILL no word???? :mad:

You are way to generous, call your CC and get your cash :gun. So you end up spending $20-30 more; you will have piece of mind.

I think it'll be more than $20-$30 difference, at least right now. I personally would tell M&M that you are going to do a chargeback unless you get a shipping notice by a certain date, since the best result for you is obviously to get the statue at the reduced price without going through the hassle of a chargeback.

I think it'll be more than $20-$30 difference, at least right now. I personally would tell M&M that you are going to do a chargeback unless you get a shipping notice by a certain date, since the best result for you is obviously to get the statue at the reduced price without going through the hassle of a chargeback.

Well I'm thinking that they're just hoping that I'm going to cancel this and ask for a refund, since they're apparently not making any money on it.... The PROFESSIONAL thing to do was to just admit the mistake and explore the options. Instead they just seem to wanna leave me hanging.

This was the response I got about the big hold up:

We have been a distributor for sideshow since 1995, we have been
having alot of customers ordering and cancelling on arrival, which
has caused a huge deficit to us in the last 6 months. We also have
changed our method of doing business with sideshow, because there
policy is they do not allow us to cancel any orders not matter what,
with the current econmy we have seen a huge increase in cancellations
on sideshow product. We since have worked it out with sideshow that
works for both parties, so we apologies for the inconvenience, but
after 17 years in this business, we are seeing a lot of changes in
the industry that were not present in past years. We spoke to
Sideshow today and the busts are on the way. Thank you for your
understanding

So does this mean I don't even have the option of canceling since this is taking too long??? If I don't get it within the next week, I'll have to change my shipping address AGAIN since I'm moving to another apartment.....

i understand the economy... i understand Monsters in Motion having to work around the economy but i do not understand why they charged my credit card when they don't even have the busts in hand...

does 17 years in the business reflect experience or obsoleteness?

uuuuhhh... I'm pretty sure they have to give a date it will be in by or give you a refund... I can see not doing cancellations if you dont meet the terms, but just telling you "sorry, you have to wait indefinately until it shows up" aint gonna fly...

Well it just seems like they're saying that I cannot even cancel now since I was already charged.... WHICH MAKES NO SENSE!

But even if I wanna cancel, I'm sure they'd say OK since they're not making any money off it anyways.....

So what should I do guys?

Well, after gettin pushy with both Sideshow and Monster in Motion this is FINALLY shipping to me....

Apparently sideshow was the hold up..... I don't get it. But let's hope that it comes flawless... If not I'm just gonna be taking a refund. But all in all, MIM was not at fault...

Back