Harry Potter Spinoff "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them" 11-8-16

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fun movie, enjoyable. But much like Dr strange it doesn't stay with you very long afterwards.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

It didnt have the majesty that the potter movies had.

The new york setting wasnt that great. The creatures they created were kinda ugly and weird.

The plot with the dark wizard looking for the child was interesting but the plot with the beasts was kind of dumb.

These characters were not really that likable and the movie had some boring parts. Like the apartment scene or the zoo scene.

I wasn´t really looking forward to this when heard it was coming. But I kept myself from getting spoiled quite totally and seeing it fresh was really lovely! I have to say at least the first feeling was I liked it much better than most movies of the HP series. (I loved the books though.) I loved the setting at 1920´s (my favourite time in art and design) and different place, and having adult characters without stupid tantrums. I am not so into the magical creatures and I was happy it was not just all about them. I really loved the luggage bag with all that inside and the love growing between side characters. Actually the main characters were not so easy to get attached, but I liked them too.

I´ve readen that there would be even five parts of the story, and I think the main character through the story will be Gellert Grindelwald, which was hardly introduced in this film. Such a surprise for me that Johnny Depp was playing the role! I like Depp a lot, but I´m not sure if this is good role for him, or him being right person for this role. That will be seen. So I wonder, will the story of Newt and magical creatures be just a thing along to get Grindelwald introduced?

I don´t know if this is considered spoiling, as I know nothing about coming films, just talking about long-excisted Harry Potter and Deadhly Hallows book storyline considering Grindelwald. If you feel it´s a spoiler, it can be edited away or just jump over this part.

// Thanks, and OK, I add the SPOILER alert! :) (And did it again, now as I noticed the different way to do it.)

Spoiler Spoiler:

I wasn´t really looking forward to this when heard it was coming. But I kept myself from getting spoiled quite totally and seeing it fresh was really lovely! I have to say at least the first feeling was I liked it much better than most movies of the HP series. (I loved the books though.) I loved the setting at 1920´s (my favourite time in art and design) and different place, and having adult characters without stupid tantrums. I am not so into the magical creatures and I was happy it was not just all about them. I really loved the luggage bag with all that inside and the love growing between side characters. Actually the main characters were not so easy to get attached, but I liked them too.

I´ve readen that there would be even five parts of the story, and I think the main character through the story will be Gellert Grindelwald, which was hardly introduced in this film. Such a surprise for me that Johnny Depp was playing the role! I like Depp a lot, but I´m not sure if this is good role for him, or him being right person for this role. That will be seen. So I wonder, will the story of Newt and magical creatures be just a thing along to get Grindelwald introduced?

I don´t know if this is considered spoiling, as I know nothing about coming films, just talking about long-excisted Harry Potter and Deadhly Hallows book storyline considering Grindelwald. If you feel it´s a spoiler, it can be edited away or just jump over this part.

By the Harry Potter books Gellert Grindelwald was told to be close friend to young Albus Dumbledore (maybe also a love affair of some kind?) but after their thoughts crossed too badly, they went to different ways, until an epic fight where Dumbledore defeated him. The worst time of Grindelwald was same time as the world war so very likely the last movie will settle at 1940´s. Not looking forward to that too much. I liked the light, golden time of 20´s much more than sad war time... But well, it all is open, how they have decided to make it happen in the coming movies. I just feel sad there aren´t actual books to lean the story to, but very likely there will be books made by the movie... I am more a reader than movie watcher.

You should use spoiler tags

Back