Harry Potter Spin-off Written by JK Rowling

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds great! I love the idea of seeing the world she created throughout the ages. NY in the 1920s sounds like a perfect place to start.

So am I.

My wife listened to her other two non-HP books and said they weren't very good. Probably just means that her strengths lie in the HP world.

Eh, I've always though Rowling was a hack. I was hoping her success would fade away after the movies ended, guess not.

I've seen all the Harry Potters over the years as they slowly made their way to cable tv. I'm not really a fan, it was more to see what the hype was about. Some of them are good, the last ones seemed pretty lame and like typical hollywood ending type stuff to me though.

Still, it's impressive what they accomplished with the cast and having it run as long as it did for that many movies. I'd kill to get 8 Iron Man or Batman movies all with the same cast.

I hope you guys aren't basing your opinion on just the movies, because the books are much more elaborate and intricate as far as plotting and characterization. It really is an impressive series of books, especially how fairly well planned the entire series was. You see little things that you don't think much of in the first couple of books that come into play in later books. And it was also smart of her to write the books progressively more complex as the characters age. The first couple of books are all fun and magical and almost childish and naive in their point of view. You couldn't ever think (especially if you read them as they were published) that they would take such dark and mature turns in later books.

Back